Pochettino's Future

Saint Charlie

I think he was compairing it to the picture of MP. :)

I don't think he's right.

It may or may not be the Spurs training ground but I don't think it's St Mary's - dark blue wall covering (fits with Spurs) but could be anywhere. If it is Spurs, strange you'd take your kids though - loose lips sink ships etc.

The picture itself looks like it has been taken through a window but the original photo has no EXIF data (I'm sad, I checked) so the only way we'll be certain is if someone recognises it. Even if it is Spurs' training ground, it doesn't mean it's a done deal.

There's no doubt MP is talking to Spurs, it's a question of whether he is seduced by the prospect of managing them.

In someways they are an attractive proposition, in fact it reminds me of when Harry went there. Lot's of investment on top players who can't play together - the question MP has to answer is whether he could get them to click. His brand of high energy football needs a certain type of player - and he might find that hard to imprint on a bunch of individuals. On the flip side, when he came to Saints he inherited a team with a close bond, a very big difference - and Levy is a trigger happy SoB.

The fact that he's talking to them, suggests he wants to further his career. If he does stay with Saints it will either be because of a statement of intent by ourselves, or because Spurs have chosen someone else.

I wouldn't bet either way at present.

I have just watched the hospitality video and it looks exactly like St Marys entrance.

Check it out 13 secs in behind the chicks.

The Twitter picture wasn't taken in the entrance foyer st SMS - it's too narrow, no desk, wrong type of barriers, no wall with writing on..

It's Spurs' training ground players entrance according to the Spurs forum:

http://www.spurscommunity.co.uk/index.php?threads/the-case-for-poch-to-be-new-manager-thread.108916/page-116

On that basis I'd say that his kids being there is a bad thing - suggests it is more of a done deal. That said it could have been taken in the wooing phase - did anyone see Poch out and about yesterday?

It's Spurs' training ground players entrance according to the Spurs forum:

http://www.spurscommunity.co.uk/index.php?threads/the-case-for-poch-to-be-new-manager-thread.108916/page-116

On that basis I'd say that his kids being there is a bad thing - suggests it is more of a done deal. That said it could have been taken in the wooing phase - did anyone see Poch out and about yesterday?

To be fair there are several spurs fans doubting the picture as well as those 'vouching' for its whereabouts. Although one poster claims to recognise the doorman.

That said, I think the writing has been on the wall for too long, and expect MP to leave. Unless there has been a breakdown in discussion with spurs - which is also quite possible.

All the talk has been for weeks that he is going there so would hardly be shock of the century if he has been to their TG.

Its definitely MP. Definitely his son(s) and according to Spurs fans the other guy is the Spurs Player Liaison Officer and it is the Spurs TG.

This is a pic of MP and the other two lads from earlier this season:

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BmO_NjxCUAEw46r.jpg

If so then would be hugely suprised if he doesn't end up there, hardly going to be a coincidence and suggests we have let him speak to them.

Edited by Saint Charlie

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/tottenham/next-permanent-manager

Nice comprehensive list.

As things stand the best odds you can get (ie longest) seem to be

MP - 1/2 (Betfred)

FdB - 5/2 (Skybet)

RM - 10/1 (Coral)

Will be interesting to see how things change.

Well not a lot has changed since 19/5 and while bookies don't always get it right, they tend to.

Best odds currently

MP - 4/7 (Shortest seem to be 1/4)

FdB - 4/1 (although a couple seem to have him at evens!!)

RM - 25/1

Just up from the Telegraph. We'll know better after tonight's big match

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/10854010/Tottenham-Hotspur-ready-to-move-for-Southampton-manager-Mauricio-Pochettino-if-Carlo-Ancelotti-says-no.html

Tottenham Hotspur ready to move for Southampton manager Mauricio Pochettino if Carlo Ancelotti says no

Spurs will approach Southampton for their next manager if Real Madrid boss decides against move to White Hart Lane

Mauricio Pochettino - Tottenham Hotspur ready to move for Mauricio Pochettino if Carlo Ancelotti says no

In demand: Tottenham are likely to approach Southampton for permission to speak to manager Mauricio Pochettino Photo: PA

Jason Burt

By Jason Burt

4:40PM BST 24 May 2014

Tottenham Hotspur will make one final check to see whether Carlo Ancelotti is interested in becoming their new manager before making their move for Southampton’s Mauricio Pochettino next week.

The Spurs board decided on Friday to approach Southampton to speak to Pochettino. Their only alternative would be if Ancelotti leaves Real Madrid following Saturday’s Champions League final but that does not appear likely.

The attraction of returning to London would interest Ancelotti but his wage demands are likely to be prohibitive. The Italian, nevertheless, has a good relationship with Spurs’ director of football, Franco Baldini.

Pochettino has been Tottenham’s first choice since the club decided not to take up the 12-month option on Tim Sherwood’s contract.

Spurs have spoken to Rafael Benitez’s representatives in the knowledge that the Napoli coach would like to return to England but there has been no contact for more than two weeks.

Just up from the Telegraph. We'll know better after tonight's big match

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/10854010/Tottenham-Hotspur-ready-to-move-for-Southampton-manager-Mauricio-Pochettino-if-Carlo-Ancelotti-says-no.html

Tottenham Hotspur ready to move for Southampton manager Mauricio Pochettino if Carlo Ancelotti says no

Spurs will approach Southampton for their next manager if Real Madrid boss decides against move to White Hart Lane

Mauricio Pochettino - Tottenham Hotspur ready to move for Mauricio Pochettino if Carlo Ancelotti says no

In demand: Tottenham are likely to approach Southampton for permission to speak to manager Mauricio Pochettino Photo: PA

Jason Burt

By Jason Burt

4:40PM BST 24 May 2014

Tottenham Hotspur will make one final check to see whether Carlo Ancelotti is interested in becoming their new manager before making their move for Southampton’s Mauricio Pochettino next week.

The Spurs board decided on Friday to approach Southampton to speak to Pochettino. Their only alternative would be if Ancelotti leaves Real Madrid following Saturday’s Champions League final but that does not appear likely.

At least Ralph and co should be ready for this scenario. Its been coming for nearly 3 months...

Boo Hoo. Manager leaves to go to a bigger, richer, more famous club.

Boo Hoo. Players leave to go to bigger, richer, more famous clubs.

Spoilt brat Saints fans spit their dummies out because we can't compete with the bigger, richer, more famous clubs.

In what way can't we compete with Spurs? We could quite easily finish above them next season.

Spoilt brat Saints fans spit their dummies out because we can't compete with the bigger, richer, more famous clubs.

Thanks for your contribution, I will digest it over the next few seconds.

I really couldn't care less. Owners, managers, players arrive and leave and I still go and support my team. BPL or bottom of L2, I really don't care.

If Poch, Shaw, Lallana, Schneiderlin leave then you wouldn't care?

Fair enough. I would be pretty disappointed not to have them at Saints.

Different perspective I guess but nothing wrong for wanting to keep good players and Manager.

Time for you and St Charlie to go back to supporting Pompey then.

Doesn't make sense. If you arent happy with whats happening then you should support someone else.

Just because I am concerned it makes me no less of a fan, and won't change anything about how I feel about Saints.

Definitely seems that it is Spurs training ground and we can guarantee 100% it's Poch and his sons. We just need to get a spot on replacement for him otherwise the meltdown really could happen.

And block him from taking any players with him

Why does Ancelotti even come into this equation ? He's not going to dump PSG for Real and then dump Real for Tottenham after 1 season.

I think people are thinking he - or possibly Simeone - might be looking for another job after tonight depending on the result.

I could cope with Lallana and Shaw leaving if Pochettino stays. We need some sort of continuity.

The money from the players would go some way towards easing the pain and give the manager something to work with. Added to which the £15M that Redknapp will hand over in exchange for Osvaldo will also help!

I am clinging to the hope that the sacking of Dodd and Williams indicates Pochettino wants to bring in more continental coaches at youth level, otherwise that makes little sense to me.

Size, spending power, draw and history.

Isn't our net spend more then theirs since we've been back in the Prem? The others are irrelevant, Leeds and Forest are bigger clubs then us with more history. If Pochettino leaves it's because he threw his toys out of the pram when Cortese left, its nothing to do with the appeal of a bigger club. Its Spurs ffs, this isn't the 80's.

Totally fooked off with the whole situation; lack of statements from the club or show of commitment from MoPo etc. I want him to stay and keep the team together etc but if he wants to go then get rid of of him now and get someone like Michael Laudrup in. Give the new guy plenty of time to get replacements in etc. This situation is just dragging on and on and on.

did the get bored when cropping wherever the original picture of Pochettino was from. Could they not manage to fill this bit in with anything?

badphotoshop_zpsba6a1748.jpg

It could easily be poch arriving for spurs v soton earlier in the season.

It could easily be poch arriving for spurs v soton earlier in the season.

For all we know, it could easily be poch arriving for spurs v soton earlier in the season...

That makes no sense. The suggestion is that its Spurs training ground, why would he goto their training ground for a first team game at White Hart Lane?

Give it a rest mate. Disappointed if he does go as I think the club has been as good for him as he has been for us, but not sure how that makes me spoilt? Bit of a pathetic comment.

Go and put your feet up and stop wumming on here if you are quite so content.