Pochettino's Future

Saint Charlie

You are (again) missing my point

If you went to the cinema TODAY, you would know what film is on

On 30th May, will you know what SFC's " New Project " is ?? Doesn't look like it

Blind Faith is one thing, but, to me £700+ is a lot to pay out before being told what's on the menu

You obviously have no money worries and are more than happy to take Pot Luck

Helps explain why crowds, while still good, were 10k lower in L1. Some people need real assurance about the likely quality, some dont make that a condition of their support. Each to their own

But surely, you buy 19 tickets to see Southampton FC?

You will be guaranteed 19 tickets to see Southampton FC. So you do know what you will be buying.

It's more like paying to see a film, without knowing all the characters, plot-twists etc.

There's always a chance the team are going to have a bad year.

But I want to know, are we going to get sub-titles so we can understand our foreign players, if not I'm voting UKIP.

Ah feck, he's off to Celtic now :-

pdxh1cly8vvggvzwjkoh_bigger.pngSky Sports News@SkySportsNews 1m

BREAKING NEWS: Celtic part company with manager Neil Lennon #SSN

Rather where is Lennon going to go to? Can't see West Brom being big enough for him. West Ham might have been but they seem set to stick with Sam. Would Spurs take Lennon? Wouldn't that be more of a risk than MP or would Celtic's size more than make up for the less competitive SPL?

Helps explain why crowds, while still good, were 10k lower in L1. Some people need real assurance about the likely quality, some dont make that a condition of their support. Each to their own

It's strange, I saw more of Saints in the last 2 years of Championship and League 1 than I have in the last 2 P/L seasons, might be something to do with having to look after the kids at the weekend now (as the missus works) but I'm not so sure..

Rather where is Lennon going to go to? Can't see West Brom being big enough for him. West Ham might have been but they seem set to stick with Sam. Would Spurs take Lennon? Wouldn't that be more of a risk than MP or would Celtic's size more than make up for the less competitive SPL?

Norwich is a possibility if they have the spending desire / wages to go for promotion. Has been linked before

Ah but that's the foolish attitude and one that presumes that I will be happy year on year to spend this amount in an unquestioning manner. Business is business. You **** off your customers and they might not come back (not that I am ****ed off). You may be able to replace them and then that's all well and good.

So conversely the club should never make any major signings after the deadline because the ST holders weren't expecting to see them on the pitch? Say we go and buy Bale and Ronaldo next week. Will you happily voluntarily stump up some extra cash? You pay to see the game, there is never and never has been a guarantee of who will take part or what tactics will be employed. 50% of what you get to see is the opposition - what if all 19 decide to come and park the bus because we are such a great side? What if we aim for a European place and our star striker gets a long term injury 3/4 way through the season. Football is a game of uncertainties on and off the pitch, if you can't accept that then you really shouldn't be buying a season ticket.

I'm sure the club is well aware that of people don't like what they see they might not come back. But they aren't stupid enough to give any guarantees .

And that's it in a nutshell really

The Club talk about the future as " A New Project " What is it ??

Existing Season Ticket holders have until 30th May (EIGHT days) to renew, but have NO idea what "The Project" will be

Would you buy tickets for a Cinema or Theatre without knowing what was on, and who was in the production ??? Of course not

I agree many would not renew if Manager and Players left, but, are we likely to be told BEFORE the 30th May deadline

Of course not

One of the worst points/examples I have ever seen anyone make on here.

People have annual memberships to go to the cinema with no idea what will be appearing in the future. And as many other people have said, you buy to watch Saints generally, not to watch 2 specific players and the manager and you always know exactly what you will see. When the fixtures get announced, you will know exactly what you will be watching in May 2015, the location, time, opponents etc. You won't know who will be playing for either side, but why does that matter when you are a Saints fan? You'll be watching the club regardless of personnel and opponents... unless you're not really a fan of Saints at all.

I still maintain my belief that MP will still be our manager next season and beyond.

despite the constant rumour propaganda being spouted about

Nothing has swayed me otherwise.

While Luke maybe off Im stil optomistic that Adam may remain with us

I want him to be the next Saints Legend and see his face on the banner above.

On 30th May, will you know what SFC's " New Project " is ?? Doesn't look like it

Blind Faith is one thing, but, to me £700+ is a lot to pay out before being told what's on the menu

So you go to the cinema and buy a season ticket, but you know what the films are going to be like next April do you? If you're going to do this, compare like for like.

Of course not.

One of the worst points/examples I have ever seen anyone make on here.

People have annual memberships to go to the cinema with no idea what will be appearing in the future. And as many other people have said, you buy to watch Saints generally, not to watch 2 specific players and the manager and you always know exactly what you will see. When the fixtures get announced, you will know exactly what you will be watching in May 2015, the location, time, opponents etc. You won't know who will be playing for either side, but why does that matter when you are a Saints fan? You'll be watching the club regardless of personnel and opponents... unless you're not really a fan of Saints at all.

Agree

As you were writing this did you think about how ridiculous your argument is? You buy a ticket to a football match on the premise that you know which teams are playing. Nothing more, nothing less. The same applies to an individual match ticket or a season ticket. You don't know (with 100% certainty) the players that will play in the game or who the managers will be.

Now I would understand if you had said that the uncertainty generated by press reports over potential transfers of some of our players is making you uneasy about the quality of the side that Saints will field next season and the information coming from the club about this situation is not resolving our concerns. Unfortunately you didn't say that, you came up with the ludicrous comparison to buying a cinema ticket.

About a week ago you threatened to withdraw your long standing support unless you got guarantees that everything in the Saints garden would be rosy for next season, well before the transfer window has officially opened. If you really meant that I suggest you keep the £700 in your pocket as you must know that in football it is impossible to get the sort of guarantees you are asking for and that as a fan all you can do is support the team.

I remember when we sold/released everyone in the championship. After the initial panic I became quite excited about the prospect of watching a new young saints team with some random dutch blokes in charge. Yeah it went wrong but it became quite entertaining to see the odd win with such a cheap limited side. Plus there were a few players with potential in there.

Then relegated to L1, it became novel playing new clubs, a new start, signings, being the big club and winning most weeks! Then failure, but another season of wins and likely promotion. Then returning to the championship with a good team.

Point is, there's always something to look forward to in the season if you want. It's rarely boring.

Saints will either keep players and MP and have another very good season, or lose some players and have a rebuilding period, new signings to see, maybe a new manager, maybe some new youngsters like Reed or JWP excelling? It's not boring is it and I'll be watching whenever possible.

was reading the standard this eve. They seem to think it is a done deal to be announced next week. They also seem to hink we have already had talks with the Spanish geezer who just did so well at Brighton. Nice.

when you go the cinema- you know that film is on- but do you know how good the film is??

when you buy season ticket- you know that saints are playing, and if you dont wanna fork out on a season ticket simply because some of our players are gone, so be it.

I will be following my club no matter whatx

was reading the standard this eve. They seem to think it is a done deal to be announced next week.

Thats not what it says. It says he is levy's preference but not the rest of the "decision makers". Also says that it will take £3m to get Mopo and assistants, at least, and this is a stumbling block. Other candidates are more available.

Beyond what it actually says, I agree with others that the Standard is as accurate as the Mail on sport rumours

Thats not what it says. It says he is levy's preference but not the rest of the "decision makers". Also says that it will take £3m to get Mopo and assistants, at least, and this is a stumbling block. Other candidates are more available.

Beyond what it actually says, I agree with others that the Standard is as accurate as the Mail on sport rumours

Re reading it you're probably right, although this is the bit I was thinking of when I wrote what I said:

Spurs are confident there should not be too much wrangling with Southampton to secure Pochettino, as Saints have already sounded out other managers. Standard Sport understands that Oscar Garcia, the Spaniard who quit as Brighton boss earlier this month, has had a number of conversations with intermediaries and that both Dan Petrescu and Roberto Di Matteo have supporters at St Mary’s

I read it too. Like most reports, it read like conjecture and supposition. Seems to go in waves one way and then the other. My gut feel (supposition) is that Poch wants the job but has missed the boat

Re reading it you're probably right, although this is the bit I was thinking of when I wrote what I said:

Spurs are confident there should not be too much wrangling with Southampton to secure Pochettino, as Saints have already sounded out other managers. Standard Sport understands that Oscar Garcia, the Spaniard who quit as Brighton boss earlier this month, has had a number of conversations with intermediaries and that both Dan Petrescu and Roberto Di Matteo have supporters at St Mary’s

I hope that is all wide of the mark.

Garcia - achieved less than Adkins in gaining a promotion

Petrescu - oh, yes the bloke who once preferred joining Bradford City ahead of Saints. FFS - but no thanks.

Roberto Di Masturbateo - thought his supporter at St Mary's fled in January.

I'd be very disappointed if I was a Spurs fan and they sign Poch. If they're serious about trying to get into the Champions league, they should be signing Rafa Benitez or Klinsmann. They were after Van Gaal a few weeks ago. This would be a clear sign that at worst they're resigned to living in Arsenal's shadow for at least another season, and at best they're willing to take a risk and/or don't want to/can't spend big.

Aye.... they don't have a great track record as far as Saints are concerned....

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/markets/article-1609480/Microsoft-man-to-bid-for-Southampton-FC.html

;)

Even if he stays this year, we're going to go through this rigmarole every summer. Listening to the times podcast ,Marcotti was saying the guy is ambitious and really believes he can manage barca or real Madrid. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but he only sees us as a stepping stone to a bigger club. The consensus on that podcast was he'd be perfect for spurs, but would it be a good career move and maybe he'd be better off waiting until a better job came along.

I'm in Aberdeen again tomorrow night for the weekend and here is a serious question is there anything worth watching at the cinema . I haven't a clue what's in an will not know till I either buy the press and journal or go into union square . .

Hey Mr Viking, not sure it's available in Aberdeen yet, but there's this new invention called the internet. It's amazing apparently, it works on most computers too. It's like an online local newspaper with loads of info ... Check it out mate :)

Thanks for that info Tedmaul . Sadly we don't have electricity up here just yet . When we do I will be able to find out what this internet thingy is all about . We get newspapers every six weeks . So I'm hoping saints can catch man united . We should have beaten Cardiff at home though judging by the repors I read

Is Pochettino really going to be happy at being 2nd choice for the Spurs job? It's clear they are waiting for Ancelotti. Could MP not be waiting for Spurs but instead seeing what happens at Madrid? He was touted as a future Real Madrid manager.

Why "Uh-oh"? AFAIK you don't have press conferences when people are leaving - that's the prerogative of the new club.

True. Ta. Perhaps it might be one to announce he's staying? Can but hope