With all the doom and gloom merchants on here

Just answer me a question

Can you remember 5 years ago?

Saints almost out of business - no club

Let's get real

Players and Managers come and go

It's part of the game

We will always be Saints fans

Great years, but lets make some new history instead of looking back at old history.

Agree with Adam re the holding the cards aspect. The Board could easily have put more public pressure onto Poch. Everytime he put it onto them they seemed to get in a flap and there were a number of inconsistent statements.

Stupid too that contracts havent seen sorted for the likes of Cork and Fonte, both of whom would love to stay.

Not exactly an easy thing to do though. I'm trying to think of the wording of such a statement that wouldn't make MP's position untenable, yet put some kind of pressure on him? Difficult one that.

Agree, re Cork and Fonte, they should be easy ones to sort out.

Annual bed wetting season

I think Poch will at least honour his final year

Of his contract.

With all the doom and gloom merchants on here

Just answer me a question

Can you remember 5 years ago?

Saints almost out of business - no club

Let's get real

Players and Managers come and go

It's part of the game

We will always be Saints fans

I hate this modern poetry lark - that doesn't rhyme at all!

I think MP should go if Shaw and Lallana go. He'd have to do fantastic work in the transfer window just to replicate this season then. Hardly helps him does it.

I thought that was the manager's role in a football club.

The present Saints fans' idea that only an improvement in the league position is acceptable and never consolidation, is only because of our last 'project' which was needed to get us back to where we were when Strachan left.

Like Charlton Athletic under Curbishley, when the fans wanted change, be careful what you wish for.

How would we feel if Tottenham appoint say Frank De Boer or Roberto Mancini and only then Mauricio agrees a new contract with us? I believe some would feel like we were simply a second choice for him?

The timing of events is key and perhaps Pochettino underestimates that?

Angel

How do you know he is . Are you basing this on media speculation .

I think levy is- somewhat Micky mouse chairman . How many managers has he been through . What spurs need is stability not constant change. Levy doesn't know the meaning of stability .

Had Adam and Luke been playing for spurs They would definately have moved from them by now

How would we feel if Tottenham appoint say Frank De Boer or Roberto Mancini and only then Mauricio agrees a new contract with us? I believe some would feel like we were simply a second choice for him?

Well apart from never knowing if this would be the only reason Mopo agreed, do you think Liverpool fans give a monkeys that Suarez was very keen to talk to Arsenal a year ago and he only did a U turn when it was clear that Liverpool were not budging?

Well I personally think that Mauricio would have achieved his aims. He's got a year left, he doesn't want to be landed with a crap team next season. He's never spoken publicly about Tottenham either way. If he signs a new contract then you have to assume it was better than the old one and he'd had his say on team strengthening.

Angel

How do you know he is . Are you basing this on media speculation .

I think levy is- somewhat Micky mouse chairman . How many managers has he been through . What spurs need is stability not constant change. Levy doesn't know the meaning of stability .

Had Adam and Luke been playing for spurs They would definately have moved from them by now

Vik

What I mean is that it appears that the whole of Saints' progress is hinging on Levy's decision. Call it hysteria, players' comments, press speculation, bookies odds, what ever (and there's so much smoke that I would be surprised if there was no fire at all) the fact remains that we seem to be dancing to Levy's tune. Once Levy makes his mind up with who he wants, then we can proceed. As you point out, Levy has an itchy finger.

I'd think 'fair enough, thanks for staying'.

He's great and Southampton is no manager's dream. As long as he's committed to the job - which he is - then we should be happy if he stays regardless of what he thinks about other clubs.

I think a lot of people forget that players and managers probably see their football careers as no different to how people in other walks of life see their own careers. If opportunities come along, then they assess whether such opportunity provides an enhancement to their life and decide accordingly. Personally, I have no problem at all with that as it is simply life.

If MP is not approached by another club with a better offer than we can match either financially or from a quality perspective then I suspect he will stay. If he does get a better offer he will go. If Spurs go for someone else and he stays then that is fine as it is his job and he strikes me as a person that is committed to his job. Does that mean he will stay forever and turn down better offers in the future? No, of course not. Fans are quick enough to 'sack the manager' in times of trouble but cannot expect said managers to hang around if better is available to them in their field. It's the way things work.

Apparently it's been on Facebook that MP met MLT in macdonalds in Tottenham court road to day. I suspect t it's a total wind up I 64. Benali yesterday and MLT today

Bless, maybe they were going to see a show together?

He is waiting for Cortese to turn up at Villa or somewhere like that and then he will join him. According to one Spurs ITK they have not interest in Pochettino, he will not be approached. Kind of makes sense, if he was first choice wouldn't they have approached him by now.

He is waiting for Cortese to turn up at Villa or somewhere like that and then he will join him. According to one Spurs ITK they have not interest in Pochettino, he will not be approached. Kind of makes sense, if he was first choice wouldn't they have approached him by now.

Talk****e were saying that Spuds were waiting until after CL Final, which I guess means that they might want Simeone. Not sure how likely that is, but I do love the way that some in the EPL think that they can go in and get who ever they want. A lot of players and managers are shunning EPL for the other big leagues (Germany, Italy Spain).

For once I appear to be ITK. (At a charity meal last night at St Marys with various inc MLT).

Apparently no approach for Poch as yet and he is working with Les Reed on the squad for next season.

If that is the case, WTF has the club not alluded to that but let speculation run unchecked? I know that no one is beholden to say anything, but.....

If that is the case, WTF has the club not alluded to that but let speculation run unchecked? I know that no one is beholden to say anything, but.....

Other than Les Reed's statement that said they were working together, planning for next season? What do you want, weekly updates?

MP has stated consistently that he has one year left on his contract and is not concerned that a new deal has not being hastened. Two years probably suited everyone at the time of his arrival as both sides were unknown quantities to the other. If he honours that contract and we have no reason to suppose that he won't then he'll be here for one more year and it may still suit both sides to leave it that way. MP's stock is growing but not yet assured after only one season in the PL, if the success continues he will be in much greater demand from genuinely BIG international clubs but if everything stalls - as at Swansea - then we might want to move on.

So doing nothing now actually may not be a bad option all round. If greater success does follow current success the chances are he may actually want to commit his future to us anyway without prompting.

In may no club really know what they offer their fans in august though...

That is very true, but not sure when the last time was that a club, who hadn't been relegated, had the threat (if newspaper tittle tattle is to be believed - and yes, that's a very big "if") of losing 4 of their back five who played this season, all of their midfield bar one, their main two strikers and let's not forget the manager and his assistants.

That is very true, but not sure when the last time was that a club, who hadn't been relegated, had the threat (if newspaper tittle tattle is to be believed - and yes, that's a very big "if") of losing 4 of their back five who played this season, all of their midfield bar one, their main two strikers and let's not forget the manager and his assistants.

I´m also not sure over the ambition of the board at the moment but cant see that more than 2-3 players and (possibly) manager would leave which would be devastating as f*ck but I also dont think they should get played by medias fiddle. Any comments without really news at this stage would only increase speculations imo.

That's a pretty pessimistic view of things. Surely the club would only sanction players to break contracts if it suits ten and the money is deemed essential for improving the squad, one maybe two might want out strongly enough for the club to realise there is no point in holding them against their will but Suarez was forced to stay at Liverpool and subsequently played well for them.

Unlike you I have yet to renew. If a mass exodus was really to occur then of course I would not renew and there will be many of similar ilk.

That's a pretty pessimistic view of things. Surely the club would only sanction players to break contracts if it suits ten and the money is deemed essential for improving the squad, one maybe two might want out strongly enough for the club to realise there is no point in holding them against their will but Suarez was forced to stay at Liverpool and subsequently played well for them.

Unlike you I have yet to renew. If a mass exodus was really to occur then of course I would not renew and there will be many of similar ilk.

And that's it in a nutshell really

The Club talk about the future as " A New Project " What is it ??

Existing Season Ticket holders have until 30th May (EIGHT days) to renew, but have NO idea what "The Project" will be

Would you buy tickets for a Cinema or Theatre without knowing what was on, and who was in the production ??? Of course not

I agree many would not renew if Manager and Players left, but, are we likely to be told BEFORE the 30th May deadline

Of course not

Existing Season Ticket holders have until 30th May (EIGHT days) to renew, but have NO idea what "The Project" will be

Would you buy tickets for a Cinema or Theatre without knowing what was on, and who was in the production ??? Of course not

I agree many would not renew if Manager and Players left, but, are we likely to be told BEFORE the 30th May deadline

Of course not

Do you support your cinema in the same way that you do your football club?

Of course not.

Of course not

What Cinema season-tickets or memberships? Nah, no one in the world buys them.

Guaranteed admission for 19 home Premier League matches. Nothing more. Nothing less. Same as every season.

Ah but that's the foolish attitude and one that presumes that I will be happy year on year to spend this amount in an unquestioning manner. Business is business. You **** off your customers and they might not come back (not that I am ****ed off). You may be able to replace them and then that's all well and good.

Do you support your cinema in the same way that you do your football club?

Of course not.

You are (again) missing my point

If you went to the cinema TODAY, you would know what film is on

On 30th May, will you know what SFC's " New Project " is ?? Doesn't look like it

Blind Faith is one thing, but, to me £700+ is a lot to pay out before being told what's on the menu

You obviously have no money worries and are more than happy to take Pot Luck

The Evening Standard, which for some time has been saying that MP is a certainty for the Spurs job, now appears to be backtracking somewhat suggesting that there are differences in the Spurs camp over the new appointment. As well as De Boer, Benitez has been mentioned and even Ancelotti if Real Madrid lose in the CL final.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/mauricio-pochettino-is-no-certainty-as-tottenham-hope-to-install-new-boss-next-week-9416156.html

On 30th May, will you know what SFC's " New Project " is ?? Doesn't look like it

Blind Faith is one thing, but, to me £700+ is a lot to pay out before being told what's on the menu

But surely, you buy 19 tickets to see Southampton FC?

You will be guaranteed 19 tickets to see Southampton FC. So you do know what you will be buying.

It's more like paying to see a film, without knowing all the characters, plot-twists etc.

There's always a chance the team are going to have a bad year.

But surely, you buy 19 tickets to see Southampton FC?

You will be guaranteed 19 tickets to see Southampton FC. So you do know what you will be buying.

It's more like paying to see a film, without knowing all the characters, plot-twists etc.

There's always a chance the team are going to have a bad year.

The last film I watched where I hadn't read a review beforehand was 'Salmon Fishing in the Yemen', recommended by my girlfriend's mother.

I'll never get those two hours back.

I guess that's what it means to be a customer of a football club. We can be fed all sorts of ****, yet we will come back for more. It's not like most are going to get so discontented that they are going to go down the road and support some other team (well, you never know these days!), so we are a captive audience.

The last film I watched where I hadn't read a review beforehand was 'Salmon Fishing in the Yemen', recommended by my girlfriend's mother.

I'll never get those two hours back.

My missus choose The River Wild when it was at the cinema, I spent the whole film looking at close ups of Meryl Streep's face thinking "God she's ugly". I now have autonomous film choice in our household.