Pochettino's Future

Saint Charlie

The Longer this rumbles on, the more I think he'll stay.

It’s been common knowledge since the beginning of March that Sherwood would be sacked at the end of the season so the Spurs board must have a candidate in mind by now.

We’re all lead to believe that MP is first choice, if that’s true, I struggle to understand what the holdup would be, and why hasn’t there been an approach from Spurs yet?

Quite frankly I expected an approach from Spurs almost immediately after Sherwood left, yet a week later nothing has materialised?

I think it’s pretty obvious MP is holding out for Spurs.

When the news breaks that Spurs have approached a manger, whether that’s MP or not, is when we will finally hear something, it’s quite obvious that it all hinges on their appointment.

My gut is they’ll go with Frank De Boer, he’s been pretty vocal on his desire for the Spurs job. Ronald De Boer (Ajax Youth Coach) spoke with the Dutch media last night saying his brother is interested in the Spurs job & would still listen to what Spurs had to say & is “Desperate” to manage in England.

Quoting Ronald

“For Frank, he doesn’t have to go. Of course if clubs like Tottenham and other big teams come [in for him] he is willing to listen to them”

The Spurs fans are hugely in favour of De Boer, who has a much better Win Ratio & CV than MP in terms of deliverables.

The rumor on the Spurs form (the fighting cocks) is that De Boer went on holiday for 2 weeks after the Dutch season finished (3rd May) & only returned on Monday which is why there hasn’t been any movement on their new manager.

A few ITKers also claiming they know it’ll be De Boer…

http://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/new-manager.10456/page-23

Odds are also shortening on De Boer to spurs

Once it became clear that MP wasnt going to sign a new contract they should have put the onus onto him. Instead they have gone along with this "comfortable to speak in the summer" rubbish, and basically watched whilst a rival has taken him away.

Must have missed the announcement that he has left / signed elsewhere, can you post please.

Odds are also shortening on De Boer to spurs

Odds are shortening on both of them, yesterday it was Mancini, day before that Benitez, a while back some other Italian bloke, I do wonder if the bookies give Spurs a cut on their profits for drawing the affair out for months on end.

But you complained the board "have watched while a rival has taken him away." Have the bookies paid out then?

Liven up mate. Its pretty obvious people from Spurs are speaking/have spoken with people in MP's camp.

If you don't think that then you are very naive.

Liven up mate. Its pretty obvious people from Spurs are speaking/have spoken with people in MP's camp.

If you don't think that then you are very naive.

Some would class naive as listening to column filling paper gossip and taking it as fact.

Why can';t you answer the question Saint Charlie? You seem quite vocal that he (and many players) have left....even though no-one has of yet.

What is your reasoning behind being certain that MP is going/has gone? Lets face it you have no idea (same as the rest of us) and you need to chill out and not throw the toys out of the pram.

Mass hysteria on here which is actually quite laughable.

Best explanation yet in the Echo, that the club don't want to put Pochettino off signing the new contract by selling players under his nose. Begs the obvious question.

Poch has done a great job getting the team to play attractive football but managers are replaceable, so if he goes, we get another manager, of whom there are plenty to choose from. But players are a different matter, when it comes to quality internationals. It is the players that the club should be putting its foot down over, and if so, why not say so? Unless the intention is to sell, depending on what Poch decides, but the prevarication suggests that his time here is past its Best Before date.

Three weeks ago they put a statement out. A far as they are concerned if that is what they are doing there is no need to respond to media fiction. Last week, Lallana, Shaw, Lovren, Clyne, Chambers, Schneiderlin, Wanyama, Cork and Rodriguez were reported leaving. That in itself is just ridiculous rubbish. If any club takes one our players they will have their pants pulled down. When it is realised just how overpriced they are, the interest will evaporate.

Best explanation yet in the Echo, that the club don't want to put Pochettino off signing the new contract by selling players under his nose. Begs the obvious question.

Poch has done a great job getting the team to play attractive football but managers are replaceable, so if he goes, we get another manager, of whom there are plenty to choose from. But players are a different matter, when it comes to quality internationals. It is the players that the club should be putting its foot down over, and if so, why not say so? Unless the intention is to sell, depending on what Poch decides, but the prevarication suggests that his time here is past its Best Before date.

DuncanRG I must be in the minority I don't have any sources . All I do know is that the saints I coach won tonight . Yep St Andrews hockey won 3 O like saints FC we have a young squad with a lot of players who are either established stars or will soon be brilliant hockey players

I have no sources and am not iITK about anything that is happening at St Mary's.

From what I can see no one on here, twitter, Facebook, newspapers, Sky sport, WUM, et al, have any more idea what's going on than I do.

Not including the WUM who have their own agenda's I can't fathom why normally sensible people are believing these complete fantasy stories.

Despite weeks of ITK'ers spouting all sorts of rubbish about players and managers moving here or there. Not one of the major personel has gone.

Personally I am going to wait until something officially does or doesn't happen.

DuncanRG I must be in the minority I don't have any sources . All I do know is that the saints I coach won tonight . Yep St Andrews hockey won 3 O like saints FC we have a young squad with a lot of players who are either established stars or will soon be brilliant hockey players

Was a Trojans man, myself

No sources, no ITK. I don't know nothing...

I reckon some of these stories in the press might be BS though. Just a hunch, otherwise Shaw is going to be playing for about three clubs next year, which seems ambitious...

No sources, no ITK. I don't know nothing...

I reckon some of these stories in the press might be BS though. Just a hunch, otherwise Shaw is going to be playing for about three clubs next year, which seems ambitious...

Staggered kick off times.... It could work ;)

I have no sources and am not iITK about anything that is happening at St Mary's.

From what I can see no one on here, twitter, Facebook, newspapers, Sky sport, WUM, et al, have any more idea what's going on than I do.

Not including the WUM who have their own agenda's I can't fathom why normally sensible people are believing these complete fantasy stories.

Despite weeks of ITK'ers spouting all sorts of rubbish about players and managers moving here or there. Not one of the major personel has gone.

Personally I am going to wait until something officially does or doesn't happen.

Very true. But that would be boring.

Let the bull****ters bull**** and take everything with a pinch of salt, and just enjoy the ride.