Pochettino's Future

Saint Charlie

I wouldn't hold your breath.

It is interesting how this story has acquired some momentum though. The tweet from the Veho CEO is the most interesting, for him to publicly state that he believes he is staying when there is nothing firm to go on could leave him extremely embarrassed should it be tripe.

The guy is first and foremost a Saints fan, then a CEO who is meant to be professionally detached. Its a microcosm of the fan on the board problem.

The guy is first and foremost a Saints fan, then a CEO who is meant to be professionally detached. Its a microcosm of the fan on the board problem.

Indeed, if the heart rules the head you will never do your best.

I see MP is absent from the just released "Rowe signs a new contract" photo - Reed is in his place.

I don't think he was in the Hesketh photo either though was he ? So not sure anything can be read into this.

Perhaps Mrs Poch is dragging him round looking at furnishings/curtains/whole new wardrobes to be acquired from the increased ££££ *

*though we don't know if we or spurs are funding the new lifestyle

I see MP is absent from the just released "Rowe signs a new contract" photo - Reed is in his place.

Les looks very happy in that shot. No doubt pleased with his works as he goes about his business quietly behind the scenes. Able to sign off for the week happy and content, it won't be the last time we are him smiling this summer. Good to see and affirms the quiet confidence of the new board.

Can we design a new really scarer roller coaster ride Called the Southampton journey into the unknown .

One minute we are in the depths of depression , then the heights of ecstasy and then fitzhugh fellow comes along and we are travelling down shark and crocodile infested waters . The Southampton journey ride has more twists and turns than a twister in the states or a cadburys curly surly .

Hold on to your seats the ride could be terrifying

Can we design a new really scarer roller coaster ride Called the Southampton journey into the unknown .

One minute we are in the depths of depression , then the heights of ecstasy and then fitzhugh fellow comes along and we are travelling down shark and crocodile infested waters . The Southampton journey ride has more twists and turns than a twister in the states or a cadburys curly surly .

Hold on to your seats the ride could be terrifying

The main thing is the people running the club aren't. They are calm and In control whilst executing the new plan quietly, efficiently meanwhile ignoring the media frenzy and doomsday prophecies.

The internet is here in Aberdeen. It is just slow, so I have only just seen your post.:)

Hey Mr Viking, not sure it's available in Aberdeen yet, but there's this new invention called the internet. It's amazing apparently, it works on most computers too. It's like an online local newspaper with loads of info ... Check it out mate :)

Hmm Express and Metro... hardly bastions of the truth.

I think its the usual stance of wait until the official site, Beeb etc.

A few rogue bandits now breaking rank and reporting/tweeting the deal to Spurs is stalling/faltering/was never happening in the first place.

Basically nothing has still happened (sic).

Beer o'clock for me chaps!

Poch is staying a Saint, but I do have a feeling it will only be for next season. But hey Ho, he is staying. Now onto keeping the team together, which again I think we will........ For a season.

Of course if we progress on this season, next season, I think they will stay again. It has to be top 6 I think next season.... This could be a tough ask, but keep the management and next the players and add a couple..... Who knows! All I can say is Mopo staying is an excellent start.

Since The Metro article only mentions 'one more season' that is not saying that Poch has signed his new contract. Shame that Poch wasn't available for the usual photo-shoot when Omar Rowe signed his contract extension.

Its not usual for the manager of any club to be at the contract photo shoot of every player the club employs.

Wouldn't read anything to MP not being there today. Omar isn't what I'd call a first team player as yet, more of an U21 player.

Players that sign extensions who are part of the FT (i.e Gallagher) will have MP with them.

Since The Metro article only mentions 'one more season' that is not saying that Poch has signed his new contract. Shame that Poch wasn't available for the usual photo-shoot when Omar Rowe signed his contract extension.

And there I was thinking Cortese was almost always in photos with academy contracts. Poch with first team signings. But yes I guess it was a shame?

Erm, the first paragraph of the Metro article reads as follows:

"Mauricio Pochettino looks set to sign a new contract with Southampton despite reported interest from Tottenham."

Doesn't say he's signed one, granted.

Sadly the Betfair market says there is absolutely nothing in today's stories - a brief drift out towards evens at the height of the twitter frenzy but back to a very solid looking 4/6 tonight. And ask yourself this, if you REALLY knew he was staying which button would you press - the one to instantly make you several thousand pounds, or the one to send a tweet?

@SimonPeach: Getting so many contradicting stories on Pochettino's future, even from the most reliable of sources. #SaintsFC need to sort it out quickly.

That pretty well sums up the entire situation, no-ones got a clue whats happening until its happened, then half of us will be right