Pochettino's Future

Saint Charlie

you have to feel sorry for Spurs fans, now they don't know whether to slag off Poch as a smalltime loser who they never wanted, or hold fire in case he does appear and they have to admit that he was always their first choice.

Still in the balance according to Peachy:

Simon Peach‏@SimonPeach·4m

Getting so many contradicting stories on Pochettino's future, even from the most reliable of sources. #SaintsFC need to sort it out quickly.

A quick recovery from Peach after he nearly got suckered in by that hoax photo (despite having been to Spurs training ground to do a number of press conferences)

:lol:

What? Rocking up for an interview in a polo shirt, jeans, trainers and sunnies, with the kids popping along for a little day out?

My last interview I rocked up in jeans, boots and a T shirt. Its a bit different if someone actually wants you. But I dont believe its spurs.

Will be a bit awkward if Spurs sign and announce a new manager and MP then pledges his future to Saints a few days later.

Awkward because Saints fans are kicking up a fuss or because he was photographed at the "Spurs" training ground? (Who completes a deal at the training ground btw, surely they would work out of the stadium or offices somewhere else).

Awkward because Saints fans are kicking up a fuss or because he was photographed at the "Spurs" training ground?

Awkward because it will give out the impression that MP was just holding out for the Spurs job and as they haven't gone for him, he's used us as his fall back option.

Article isn't quite right though. Leonardo Jardim will be the new manager there, just a question of paying the 3 million € to Sporting portugal. They might well sign Adebayor but they're going to sell Falcao to get their books right for the FFP assessment at the end of next season.

Odds on Pochettino shortening to 4/11 that's the shortest he has been even after the rumours of him signing a new contract!

this cant be true, he has all but gone to spurs

and shaw agreed a deal to united months ago

if I was MP and Levy was dithering whether to wait for another and he was second best it would not auger well. MP should sign here and make his reputation greater

The thought of working for Levy alone would lead me to sign a new contract here....or anywhere to be honest. But yes you are right, second option is not a good start !

if I was MP and Levy was dithering whether to wait for another and he was second best it would not auger well. MP should sign here and make his reputation greater

I think this is why FDB also seems to have done a U turn. I think that Levy is holding out for a bigger fish and starting to make other candidates look daft. Pray for Atletico win just in case MP is still interested in Spurs.

Poch will fail at Spurs. It's a graveyard for managers. Always has been.

What worries me is how rudderless we appear to be without Cortese. If we had his drive, ambition and blatant arrogance I suspect all talk of sales and movement of MP would have been rebutted.

Krueger looks weak at the moment. We look like a club that is welcoming offers and selling off the Crown Jewels.

It may be part of the tactics - absorb the speculation, sign MP and continue the project, but I doubt it. Our players seem to be as confused as all of us. This lack of leadership is destabilising our great club.

I miss Cortese. He was tough and ambitious.

Poch will fail at Spurs. It's a graveyard for managers. Always has been.

What worries me is how rudderless we appear to be without Cortese. If we had his drive, ambition and blatant arrogance I suspect all talk of sales and movement of MP would have been rebutted.

Krueger looks weak at the moment. We look like a club that is welcoming offers and selling off the Crown Jewels.

It may be part of the tactics - absorb the speculation, sign MP and continue the project, but I doubt it. Our players seem to be as confused as all of us. This lack of leadership is destabilising our great club.

I miss Cortese. He was tough and ambitious.

No one has left (apart from Guly) we haven't sold anyone...................

...can anyone say they recognise the two lads walking behind MP ?.....

Yes, the one directly behind us his son who (I think) is called maurizio. I'd guess the one behind is another son or the friend of the son.

Personally I don't think this is evidence if poch signing for spurs as I don't think he'd have his kids with him.

Maybe they're having a look at the facilities as a bit of informal research, who knows.

That could just as easily be one of the security/access gates at St Mary's - or the new traing ground. Cortese turned everything black, grey and silver fom the old red and white

Or Espanyol from a couple of years ago maybe?

Season ended 13 days ago. If Tottenham wanted Mauricio, i assume he would have been approached by now?

Slightly disappointed how things have worked out as it feels we are his 2nd choice now.

My feeling also. For a few days after the Man U game I was hoping we would hear he'd agreed the contract extension but as time's gone on, now I really don't care. If the Board gave him the push for disloyalty on the grounds that he seems to be touting himself to another club it would be understandable, although I'm not expecting that.