Moyes sacked?

Wiggles31

I think Man Utd have done the wrong thing - they should have given him more time. Fergie picked Moyes in the first place because he was the best candidate for a long-term successor. "Long-term".

They've been pretty crap this season, no doubt, but the squad he got left with was pretty crap in the first place - they only managed to win the title last time out because of RVP (who's been injured most of the season lest we forget).

Will be interesting to see who they get in to replace him, but I would've given him until January to get back into the Top 4 if it was my decision.

He would have been given time to win the Champions League, to learn how to beat Bayern and Barcelona.

He did not deserve more time to work out how to beat West Brom. That was supposed to be a given. If Man U were fourth he would still be in a job.

Dune, do pipe down. I am sure that the mods would move if they deemed it necessary. Your banging on about it, isn't going to help. As it is, the goings on at Man Utd have both an influence on out playing staff and management (via the management merry go round that is likely to happen).

I'm sure the mods are moving heaven, earth and five pound notes to accommodate your request.

In the meantime, that David Moyes eh? What a sacked bastard he is.

My Ronnie Moore got locked coincidence? I think not. we give Manchester United discussion time on our board merely shows we are not even mentally ready to step up, in short who cares on here, lets discuss United on our Southampton board, want to discuss Ronnies Moor controversial dismissal and it gets locked, not even moved into the correct section, fair? No, biased to the big clubs even on here? Yes.

My Ronnie Moore got locked coincidence? I think not. we give Manchester United discussion time on our board merely shows we are not even mentally ready to step up, in short who cares on here, lets discuss United on our Southampton board, want to discuss Ronnies Moor controversial dismissal and it gets locked, not even moved into the correct section, fair? No, biased to the big clubs even on here? Yes.

Bazza, if you're going to get into conspiracy theories, aim higher.

Right now, my youngest daughter's theories over the sexuality of One Direction members deserve more attention than your why-oh-why-was-my-Ronnie-Moore-thread-locked effort.

That honestly won't be much consolation for a committed football manager. He's already plenty rich but this will follow him to the grave.

So true. Imagine being sacked from your line of employment and then having your performance ridiculed and debated in every national newspaper. Not to mention some plonker dressing up as the Grim Reaper to signify that his time was up. Makes me laugh when people think he has come out of this well with loads of money in the bank. He has been completely humiliated, and his reputation and esteem will, in all likelihood, never recover.

A lot of the criticism is deserved, but you can't help but feel a little sorry for the man.

Funny thing is Moyes did better in his first 31 games with Man U than Ferguson did:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Blwevu7IQAA7spU.jpg:large

Bottom line is following Fergie was a hospital pass - let's hope he gets his wad of cash. Martinez took over a well oiled machine from a peer/equal. Moyes took over a team in awe of a manager that had achieved God like status in the Premiership. No comparison really - he never stood a chance.

Bottom line is Moyes took over a team that won the Premier League easily, spent a fortune, and left them one place above Southampton.

Moyes did OK at Everton, but that's all. His Everton sides never played great football and never won a trophy. Man Utd was never an appropriate job for him.

So true. Imagine being sacked from your line of employment and then having your performance ridiculed and debated in every national newspaper. Not to mention some plonker dressing up as the Grim Reaper to signify that his time was up. Makes me laugh when people think he has come out of this well with loads of money in the bank. He has been completely humiliated, and his reputation and esteem will, in all likelihood, never recover.

A lot of the criticism is deserved, but you can't help but feel a little sorry for the man.

I feel sorry for the bloke, comes across as a decent chap and some of the p**s taking is a bit unecessary. There's plenty of people at UNited who should hang their head in shame the way he's been hung out to dry, whoever in their boardroom who was leaking stuff yeterday to try and force his resignation, the players that under-performed throughout and Ferguson who chose the manager then hung around the scene adding very little himself.

Bottom line is Moyes took over a team that won the Premier League easily, spent a fortune, and left them one place above Southampton.

Moyes did OK at Everton, but that's all. His Everton sides never played great football and never won a trophy. Man Utd was never an appropriate job for him.

Or....

Moyes was better than Walter Smith

Not as good as Fergie

I'd take that for £10m :)

Just a few of points

1) he won't be getting the 10 mill being quoted as he didn't qualify for the CL

2) he wasn't 1st choice as is being quoted, Pep Guadiolla (sp) was

3) f u c k off Barry you tool

The £10m was speculation in the Daily Mail, and possibly others. He was appointed on a 6-year deal so that will need to be settled.

The £10m was speculation in the Daily Mail, and possibly others. He was appointed on a 6-year deal so that will need to be settled.

As far as I understand it the 10 mill figure was if he was sacked and they'd qualified for the CL. The realistic figure he'll get is likely to be much lower.

As far as I understand it the 10 mill figure was if he was sacked and they'd qualified for the CL. The realistic figure he'll get is likely to be much lower.

Yes, usually there will be some haggling involved, especially if he gets another job reasonably quickly. Sometimes the ex-manager has a bit of a struggle agreeing compensation and hangs around on gardening leave for a while. Didn't this happen to our Nigel?

Why on earth would they go for giggs long term

I think they might go for Giggs long term, but it won't be from next season. A few years of big name(s) to get things back on track and he might be ready.

Giggs is a United man, understands how the club works and understands how to motivate the dressing room. He'll command the sort of respect only a handful of few proven managers could. Provided he gets his badges and all the technical/tactical aspects are there he might be a good fit. But what do I know, I thought Moyes was the right appointment!

Definitely feel sorry for him...or anyone who gets labelled a failure in such a public way. That said, I would also be absolutely devastated if he ever got near to managing Saints.

If the Ferguson ever present rumours are true, they should have gone for Mourihno. He wouldn't have taken any **** from anyone. Although if Ferguson wasn't picking the successor they might have done that in the first place.

Still think he was Utds first choice anyway.

Perhaps, all the rumours were that he wanted the job.

I think he wanted it more than they wanted him. They stupidly wanted to gamble on someone to "grow into" the job for the "long term" when frankly what they needed was someone, anyone, to prove that the club could be immediately successful post - Fergie.

Jose would have never stayed long - probably three seasons - but he would almost guarantee a league title, and cast iron guarantee a cup or two and top four every season.

They will regret not swallowing some pride and getting him in.

My apologies, you're right. Compensation is limited to one year's salary if they don't qualify for the Champions League.

Edited by Whitey Grandad