Mopo or Players

Glasgow_Saint

hypothetical question maybe....

But keep hearing "keeping mopo is the most important" then "keeping hold of our players is our no.1 priority"

So if you had to pick just one to stay, who would you pick...?

Mopo* or the players?

* if players leave mopo is allowed to spend 50% of the transfer in fund

Im sure it was no Nicola no players... Im confused, keeps changing :?

Heres a thought, maybe no players would leave if mopo left.

Last club that had a big exit of players because manager left??? Thats right... None, never

Who said it was Nicola goes, they all go? Think you're making stuff up again.

Im sure it was no Nicola no players... Im confused, keeps changing :?

Heres a thought, maybe no players would leave if mopo left.

Last club that had a big exit of players because manager left??? Thats right... None, never

You're right again pal. When Nicola was here the players were only here because of his vision and drive, now he's gone they're only here back use of poch. Could it be that they're actually here because they're on decent money and we're one of the best clubs in the Corey to play for?

Glasgow or Barry?

If you had the misfortune to be locked in the room with both, had a gun, but only one bullet, who would you choose to shoot, and who would you try and kill with your bare hands?

Too tough for me to call.

Who said it was Nicola goes, they all go? Think you're making stuff up again.

Have a read through this mate... Day Nicola left and days after, mass hysterics about mopo, players leaving.

Did they - no.

Will they because mopo goes - no

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?48561-Cortese-has-left-Southampton-Football-Club-Officially-Confirmed

How many players?

I'd lose one or two big ones (but not Lallana) to keep Pochettino, not least because his work with the players partly accounts for why we value them so highly. He's brought out the best in so many of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by DuncanRG

Have a read through this mate... Day Nicola left and days after, mass hysterics about mopo, players leaving.

Did they - no.

Will they because mopo goes - no

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?48561-Cortese-has-left-Southampton-Football-Club-Officially-Confirmed

You have shown that you will admit when you have given a floored opinion or knee jerk reaction that has been wrong. You should cut others some slack and refrain from the petty and some what tedious game of 'but so and so said'.

You can be the bigger man by side stepping this hardly avoidable yet pathetic side of an adult football club supporting forum. Make a stand, change the picture.

Players for me definitely. I think there's plenty of managers who could have got the same points total with this squad of players. Don't get me wrong, MP is a good manager, but not as great as everyone says. People give Glasgow abuse for mentioning his 34% win percentage, but at the end of the day it's a fact, and a stat that makes disappointing reading. We appear to have several players wanted by all the big clubs, so surely 8th/9th place should be a minimum expectation with the squad we have?

I meant as in this season. Of couse he has achieved it, but also at the expense of trying to win a cup. If Lallana, Shaw and Schneiderlin as an example, left in the summer, I'd be gutted. If MP left, there's plenty of good managers who would take the job

IF MP left and the players stayed then Saints could always sell them for lots of money and replace them with the

good ones from the academy. However what would happen if the new man didn't like to use young players being

of the school "you don't win anything with kids" Would this mean the gradual decline of the production line coming

from the academy? So in a few years when the new man departs will it be possible to re-build the academy quickly

enough?

IF MP stays and players leave will there be enough home grown youngsters to step up just in case the club only gives

him a small part of the money from sales?

Overall then I would rather MP stayed as long as he gets enough backing for Saints to stay in the PL - I hate relegations :lol:

However what would happen if the new man didn't like to use young players being of the school "you don't win anything with kids" Would this mean the gradual decline of the production line coming from the academy? So in a few years when the new man departs will it be possible to re-build the academy quickly enough?

lol:

Yeah cos of course the board would appoint someone who wasn't interested in the academy.

I don't object to these hypotheticals normally but with no details too many permutations to consider.

MP stays and we sell Hooiveld for £14m to Cardiff then would take that.

MP stays and we sell Shaw for £7m, Lallana for £6 and loan Schneiderlin, Rodriguez, Lovren and Chambers to Newcastle and Villa then I would possibly prefer MP went.

if we could add in as option that you retire from this forum to concentrate on being butt raped by a troop of baboons then i would take that and happily lose both the players and MoPo

What makes you think Babboons are not choosy,I'm calling the RSPCA

Players for me definitely. I think there's plenty of managers who could have got the same points total with this squad of players. Don't get me wrong, MP is a good manager, but not as great as everyone says. People give Glasgow abuse for mentioning his 34% win percentage, but at the end of the day it's a fact, and a stat that makes disappointing reading. We appear to have several players wanted by all the big clubs, so surely 8th/9th place should be a minimum expectation with the squad we have?

Agreed!!

Was chatting to a guy at golf at the weekend, got chatting about saints and he said "looks like youll lose a few players this summer" i responded by saying nah its just paper talk they love the club and the manager.

He responded by saying.... "Why would they stay? Are they not ambitious, dont they want to win leagues and medals?"

Cut through me like a knife. Realised that we are very very very unlikely to ever win the league and with mopos approach to cups we actually have very very little chance of winning a trophy of any kind. Best our players can hope for is a challenge for top 4.

Made me think.... Rather than staying because of mopo, perhaps some will leave because of him.

The rumoured bust up after the cup final, the drop off of performances since.....

Made me think.... Rather than staying because of mopo, perhaps some will leave because of him.

The rumoured bust up after the cup final, the drop off of performances since.....

Not one to be beaten by that other fella's claim that we intentionally lost games to stay in 8th...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder how different life on here would have been if Marion Pahars MkII (the latter years) and Capt Jack Sparrow had lived up to their potential and we were still in the mix for something this season.

Yet here we are with our Saints supporting hats of years gone by on, discussing which disappointing development is going to kick us all in the wedding Vegetables over the closed season.

I don't object to these hypotheticals normally but with no details too many permutations to consider.

MP stays and we sell Hooiveld for £14m to Cardiff then would take that.

MP stays and we sell Shaw for £7m, Lallana for £6 and loan Schneiderlin, Rodriguez, Lovren and Chambers to Newcastle and Villa then I would possibly prefer MP went.

Whatever the hell you are on for goodness sake stop now before you damage your brain even more.