Who is Redknapp talking about?

norwaysaint

Haven't seen anything about it on here, but I see that our favourite former saints manager Harry Redknapp has been in the news claiming that while he was at spurs he would often have two or three players trying to get his help to avoid England duty.

So who would that have been then? Or is it just publicity seeking nonsense?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/27966260

Haven't seen anything about it on here, but I see that our favourite former saints manager Harry Redknapp has been in the news claiming that while he was at spurs he would often have two or three players trying to get his help to avoid England duty.

So who would that have been then? Or is it just publicity seeking nonsense?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/27966260

well he is renowned for attention seeking so would not be surprised of he were making this up... but it would not surprise me either if true... its all about the money for our players... the fact so many are desperate to move and cash in at 18/19 rather than stay and develop by playing in a 'lesser' side says it all - modern generation of 'I want it nows' simply dont give a sheidt.

I was meh till I realised it could be Pompey players & now I am outrage + scandal at disgusting scumc*nt attitude of pikey Pompey players. That club is cancer in the balls of English football yo!

Edit: oh wait did he deffo say Spurs? I'm back to meh again

I get a bit hacked off when people question the commitment of the England players just because they've lost couple of games. Players like Gerrard, Rooney and Cole have always made themselves available for England hence their number of caps. I don't think you can question their commitment, the fact is we are simply not good enough.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

I get a bit hacked off when people question the commitment of the England players just because they've lost couple of games. Players like Gerrard, Rooney and Cole have always made themselves available for England hence their number of caps. I don't think you can question their commitment, the fact is we are simply not good enough.

Absolutely right.

It's only Redknapp. Move along.

This to. He's an attention seeking liar.

I liked this bit.

"But Redknapp argued that an influx of foreign players at youth level was damaging the progress of homegrown talent.

He said: "It's a problem at youth level. I'm sure the best youth teams in the country have plenty of foreign lads in them.

"At one time, the youth team was probably more about local kids. Not just English kids, but local kids. I grew up at West Ham, and all the kids came from that area. We didn't even have kids from the north of England.

"Now when you look at Chelsea and Manchester City, certainly in the last few years, they've got an awful lot of foreign lads in their teams. That is a problem as well."

Hypocritical twunt. He really does have a short memory.

He has one of the worst records as a manager of signing foreign players who keep young players out.

He has never bothered about youth team players, and for all his bragadoccio about bringing Joe Cole and Rio Ferdinand through the West Ham academy, they came through despite him, not because of him.

Redknapp doesn't trust young players with, perhaps, the exception of Bale. But even then, when HR went to Spurs he didn't want to play Bale and even tried to send him out on loan. It was only injury that forced Redknapp's hand.

Again, he's just stirring. The unsaid bit of all this is Redknapp saying to the journo: "Of course, you can't put this in, but this wouldn't have happened if they had made me England manager."

I have no doubts players like Lennon and Defoe are like this seem like big timers who played regular at the time for England.

I can understand not wanting to play friendlies midweek during the EPL season, as i think these are stupid, but qualifiers and friendlies in the summer/ end of season is a disgrace.

Good to see Gerrard has called him out though. Let's hear some names then Harry...

Totally agree, the press should pick this up and hound the saggy chopped **** until he gives the names....and if he cant then its typical Redcrapp bull to get attention as per usual.

There is a very confusing picture painted about Premier League football. Is Prem. one of the best in the world?....One of them certainly, but is it because of the 62% foreign imports - or despite them.

It seems obvious that when Roy H. has to trawl through the remaining 38% (of English players), he has a hard task to find a squad capable of beating some of the World's " better sides ".

' appy ' arry said he'd had players who didn't want to play for their country - if so ...out them.

For future reference we need to know those who only want to play the " glamour games " and those who are willing to spill blood for the badge, and don't seek to avoid the " duller fixtures ".