The return of SISA?

Turkish

With our new found fan friendly board and their eagerness to please I was wondering if after years of being ignored it was time for a new fans group, SISA mark 2014 to be set up as the voice of the fans, to communicate our wishes to those driving the club forward. Or indeed, perhaps even on step further and has the moment for a fan on the board finally arrived? It certainly feels that it would be a good time to suggest this and perhaps won't fall on deaf ears this time.

With our new found fan friendly board and their eagerness to please I was wondering if after years of being ignored it was time for a new fans group, SISA mark 2014 to be set up as the voice of the fans, to communicate our wishes to those driving the club forward. Or indeed, perhaps even on step further and has the moment for a fan on the board finally arrived? It certainly feels that it would be a good time to suggest this and perhaps won't fall on deaf ears this time.

Hahaahhahhaha - good attempt

No no no

No

No

No

No

No

NO

Really really BAD idea..... We still have past leaders of so called 'fans groups' or 'representives' making statements which in no way represent the fans.

Bad idea that doesn't work at all in any way...

No no no

No

No

No

No

No

NO

Really really BAD idea..... We still have past leaders of so called 'fans groups' or 'representives' making statements which in no way represent the fans.

Bad idea that doesn't work at all in any way...

The problem with SISA before was that they were set up to get shot of branfoot, which they did so served their purpose. The problem was a few then got drunk on the success and it became political. The actual Idea of SISA was good and effective at first but they lost credibility. I'm fairly sure a new version of intelligent, loyal fans would be well received by the board.

The difficulty with fans boards is they cannot encapsulate the many varied opinions into a single agenda for the fans, you only need to look at this forum and the shambles down the other end of the M27 for real life examples.

As a serious question, if you could pick any poster on the board to represent your views, who would it be?

The difficulty with fans boards is they cannot encapsulate the many varied opinions into a single agenda for the fans, you only need to look at this forum and the shambles down the other end of the M27 for real life examples.

As a serious question, if you could pick any poster on the board to represent your views, who would it be?

Alpine. Definitely.

Bearsy.

If you are going to run with a bad idea at least do it for laughs.

The difference is they are a 'fan owned club' supposedly.

We're owned by business people and the fan would be there to represent the voice from the stands not to run the club. Is obviously not expect them to be involved in sensitive financial decisions.

If I had to pick one person then it's be Steve grant. Humble , likable sort of bloke, knows his football and not a c+ck like the ones in the power struggle c2006

No .

What would their manifesto be . Get rid of the board

Put used season tickets into a bucket

Throw a wobbly at fans forums

Return of ITK taxi drivers

Chairman Chorley as the mother Teresa of all Saints fans

And chief Press spokesperson nick illingswirth

No thank you

Read the thread, I was talking about a new improved fans group, not Chorley and his chums.

Perhaps the thread should be titled, 'time for a fans group?'

Edited by Turkish

Read the thread, I was talking about a new improved fans group, not Chorley and his chums.

Perhaps the thread should be titled, 'time for a fans group?'

Indeed you should, putting SISA in anything was always likely to generate a negative swath of responses, quite rightly too!

No .

What would their manifesto be . Get rid of the board

Put used season tickets into a bucket

Throw a wobbly at fans forums

Return of ITK taxi drivers

Chairman Chorley as the mother Teresa of all Saints fans

And chief Press spokesperson nick illingswirth

No thank you

You can't wait to criticise can you. Do you know Nick Illingsworth? Are you speaking from experience having met him? I think not! You just love jumping on the bully boy band wagon, Mike.

You can't wait to criticise can you. Do you know Nick Illingsworth? Are you speaking from experience having met him? I think not! You just love jumping on the bully boy band wagon, Mike.

BTW, good news, after 4 years he's finally been allowed a season ticket again. A victim of Cortese spiteful and vindictive behaviour. Sadly some on here defended this.

Indeed you should, putting SISA in anything was always likely to generate a negative swath of responses, quite rightly too!

Also aid above, SISA were set up to pressurise the then board to get shot of Branfoot, it worked eventually and no one can say that was a negative thing, the problem for them came later, when it appeared some seemed to enjoy the limelight and lost sight of what their purpose was.

Also aid above, SISA were set up to pressurise the then board to get shot of Branfoot, it worked eventually and no one can say that was a negative thing, the problem for them came later, when it appeared some seemed to enjoy the limelight and lost sight of what their purpose was.

that was what? 21 years ago?

that was what? 21 years ago?

Something like that, my mate had just got a car, fiesta 1.4s and he drove us down to the first meeting at that pub in oxford street, then the following ones up by stag gates, good times.

It is difficult not to remember the self publicists who went way beyond their remit and caused in the end, more harm than good. We still have one of the old gang who seems to stand in front of the Sky cameras at any given opportunity suggesting that he somehow represents the fans and is so cringeworthy that it's embarrassing. So not against the idea in principle, but how the hell you'd get the right people in place and truly representing all Saints fans would be a truly tough ask.

Something like that, my mate had just got a car, fiesta 1.4s and he drove us down to the first meeting at that pub in oxford street, then the following ones up by stag gates, good times.

The captains corner, i was there too, then Hulse road social club i Think. Nick illingsworth is one of the nicest blokes i've met BTW , Foley too..albiet a grumpy bastard at times

Oh bloody hell Duncan

I wasn't criticising anyone . It was a touch at retro humour . Lighten up FFS

And yes I know Nick and co

And I attended a number of the fans forums when they were held at the dell as a member if one of the other fans group

And I was a member of the say yes to stoneham group and then the other group who spent a lot of time speaking and and visiting the community ( the mosques and temples etc etc) when we were looking at SMS .

And I also acknowledge Richard and co's positive contribution to planning permission for SMS

I also shared the same platform as Richard at the town hall that day . Richard spoke well and I spoke shortly after Richard spoke

I have seen both good and bad in SISA

In my humble opinion We don't need a reborn SISA 2014.

How would it work ? Fir a start

The captains corner, i was there too, then Hulse road social club i Think. Nick illingsworth is one of the nicest blokes i've met BTW , Foley too..albiet a grumpy bastard at times

Yes that's the one, captains corner was packed out. Then hulse road, you're right. See Nick quite a bit at games, nice bloke and a true fan. Good to see he's back as a STH after his shocking treatment by Cortese.

Oh bloody hell Duncan

I wasn't criticising anyone . It was a touch at retro humour . Lighten up FFS

And yes I know Nick and co

And I attended a number of the fans forums when they were held at the dell as a member if one of the other fans group

And I was a member of the say yes to stoneham group and then the other group who spent a lot of time speaking and and visiting the community ( the mosques and temples etc etc) when we were looking at SMS .

And I also acknowledge Richard and co's positive contribution to planning permission for SMS

I also shared the same platform as Richard at the town hall that day . Richard spoke well and I spoke shortly after Richard spoke

I have seen both good and bad in SISA

In my humble opinion We don't need a reborn SISA 2014.

How would it work ? Fir a start

A fans group with a democratically appointed chairman and committee who hold quarterly meetings with members about what fans want, which is then presented to the board. Not hard is it.

An excellent summary of why this idea cannot work......

The customers running production would be a fiasco... All customers have a different agenda and opinion.

It 'a a completely unnecessary unwarranted unworkable idea....

100% no - a snapshot of this forum shows we all disagree with each other and a most of us think the majority of other Saints fans don't know what they are on about.

Give me decisive, ruthless decision makers all day long - whether the current board is this or not is entirely up for debate.

I don't disagree Turkish

"A fans group with a democratically appointed chairman and committee who hold quarterly meetings with members about what fans want, which is then presented to the board"

But you would never get a consensus of opinion . Just look at the diverse range if opinions on here .

All I personally want is saints to be successful and to continue to enjoy watching and supporting them through thick and thin

As I have done for several decades now . Go to games have a few beers meet up with a few mates and have some more beer afterwards discussing the game etc and then a decent curry afterwards .

God I do feel home sick all of a sudden.

You were there in The Captains Corner? You sure? We're you at Oasis at The Joiners too? Or Nirvana at The Guidhalll?

Maybe I was at a different meeting? The one at the Captains Corner as I remember was attended by a very few, namely Nick and Clive, think Al Scarffe was there and Bob Smith ( a really sound guy, still is), maybe Rich Green, bit of an Ugly mob, not sure Perry was too involved back then but might be wrong, I remember it being about 8 of us, discussed the Branfoot issue and came up with the Red card idea that Mattys partly ruined after the Newcastle game on Sky!

maybe I'm mistaken, maybe there was another one there, maybe I was just so overjoyed to be part of the saints fans' incrowd and didn't notice anyone else, too impressionable back then, lol.

did a bit of a speech myself at Hulse Road against the fat skate Telegraph reporter Robert Hardyman, happy days.

You were there in The Captains Corner? You sure? We're you at Oasis at The Joiners too? Or Nirvana at The Guidhalll?

Hilarious.

Well I remember it being on a Thursday night and getting there late, it being standing room only left and being at the back with everyone singing 'we want branfoot out' at the end

I'm pretty sure the red card idea wasn't discussed until later on when the meetings were moved to hulse road because captains corner was too small a venue.

BTW it was the legendary nirvana joiners gig that pat will tell you 100s of people were adamant they were at.

Maybe I was at a different meeting? The one at the Captains Corner as I remember was attended by a very few, namely Nick and Clive, think Al Scarffe was there and Bob Smith ( a really sound guy, still is), maybe Rich Green, bit of an Ugly mob, not sure Perry was too involved back then but might be wrong, I remember it being about 8 of us, discussed the Branfoot issue and came up with the Red card idea that Mattys partly ruined after the Newcastle game on Sky!

maybe I'm mistaken, maybe there was another one there, maybe I was just so overjoyed to be part of the saints fans' incrowd and didn't notice anyone else, too impressionable back then, lol.

did a bit of a speech myself at Hulse Road against the fat skate Telegraph reporter Robert Hardyman, happy days.

er no...it was rammed in there, i had a vhs clip of the evening shown on South today, wish i could find it

Fans groups are a joke and mainly just a bunch of people with their own agendas. Committees and the like are a waste of space. I can see egos now waiting for their time in the boardroom asking for better burgers, cheaper beer, cheaper tickets etc. It is a business and so we have no right to expect fans on the board.

You only have to look on here at the many different views, how could we expect a fan to be able to appease and represent all those views.

The Ted Bates statue fiasco is testament to what happens when you gather a bunch of well meaning simpletons towards a common cause.

Also I think the advent of the internet has given fans a voice, it's a medium that wasn't available when SISA came about, and forming a fans group was the only way to get that sort of mass opinion across.

The Ted Bates statue fiasco is testament to what happens when you gather a bunch of well meaning simpletons towards a common cause.

Also I think the advent of the internet has given fans a voice, it's a medium that wasn't available when SISA came about, and forming a fans group was the only way to get that sort of mass opinion across.

'Ian Brennan has done a fantastic job, it's very rare that I am lost for words but I saw the statue last week and its awesome- a tremendous tribute to the great man. Fans have waited a long time for this and its going to be fantastic. I really believe that this will be the best football statue anywhere both in size and level of detail"

Those words never fail :lol: :lol: :lol:

'Ian Brennan has done a fantastic job, it's very rare that I am lost for words but I saw the statue last week and its awesome- a tremendous tribute to the great man. Fans have waited a long time for this and its going to be fantastic. I really believe that this will be the best football statue anywhere both in size and level of detail"

The detailing on the shoes really was exceptional, though. Be fair.

One of the tragedies of mondboard lore is that the Ted Bates Statue thread never made it over from the old site. Genuine laugh out loud moments on every page, an absolute classic.

................It is a business and so we have no right to expect fans on the board.............

You're right, but every customer serving business I know spends lots of money trying to find out what their customers want!

So in principle it sounds a good idea but how it would implemented is my concern.

You're right, but every customer serving business I know spends lots of money trying to find out what their customers want!

So in principle it sounds a good idea but how it would implemented is my concern.

We're doing that stuff with the new customer relationship management agency we signed up with.

Of course when the club shared that on the website the usual forum retards decided how it was a disgrace and we should be concentrating on signing players. Yes, the head of marketing should be concentrating on signing players.

I think it's an important point. There is no fan representation or ability to express concern apart from quality forums (of which this is the best of the pile by a country mile).

Trouble is that SISA were often viewed as a bunch of individuals rather than representing collective viewpoints. They lost credibility.

Not sure what the solution is, but those who run this professional forum might want to suggest SaintsWeb could somehow provide a way of taking a cross section of fan viewpoints forward to the club. Maybe it happens anyway, there are respected posters and moderators on here and the ability to vote for a Saints Web rep by the fans from this forum who could go forth with concerns and balanced viewpoints on out behalf.

Something to think about?

I could see whoever was our rep having this forum as a tool to canvas opinion and views before engaging with the club.

i remember it well paul(resign) davies too all we wanted to do was get rid of branfoot happy days!!