Marcos Rojo

S-Clarke

Not getting my hopes up, but Rojo would be a very good signing. I assume we will be playing him at LB predominantly and also bring in another CB.

Guan 2.0 did say (I think) that a potential 6th signing would depend on the quality of the 5th. So if we get Rojo, kind of covers off 2 positions and means we don't need that 6th (possibly Kolo, but only guessing)

Would be an amazing signing.

Clyne Fonte Van Dijk Rojo really wouldn't be any worse than last season's defence. Who knows, maybe better, especially with an extra good keeper.

But like last season we'll still be left to dread any injuries and be left asking "what have we got in reserve?". No Chanbers as back up RB for instance.

That said, I'll settle for a first XI at the moment.

Clyne Fonte Van Dijk Rojo really wouldn't be any worse than last season's defence. Who knows, maybe better, especially with an extra good keeper.

Massively underrating Lovren. Van Dijk is no where near as good as him.......yet

I really like the look of the back line...

Apparently Rojo has spoken about his case. Says he wants to stay at Sporting but is willing to wait and see what offers they get. Sounds like a "if there are any big clubs in for me I'm game but the also rans can ferk right off" approach.

Unlikely to be a "big Club" come in for him so if "an also ran" comes in offering to double his money then I'm sure he would not tell them to "ferk off" !

Apparently Rojo has spoken about his case. Says he wants to stay at Sporting but is willing to wait and see what offers they get. Sounds like a "if there are any big clubs in for me I'm game but the also rans can ferk right off" approach.

Out of curiosity, where did you find/hear that?

Usually when it´s getting pace both on Sky and BBC it is close, but that doesn´t mean they´re always right of course...

Out of curiosity, where did you find/hear that?

Usually when it´s getting pace both on Sky and BBC it is close, but that doesn´t mean they´re always right of course...

BBC+ Sky is so insular don't you know. I know people who are really in football, they tell me things. When those who have been told spread what they've heard about Sky,BBC and the other vultures pick them up. This came from a Portuguese chap that I know. No doubt if you were to hunt it down you could find it elsewhere.

Marcos Rojo ponders future: "We'll see what can happen '

The Argentine international central defender from Sporting is still thinking what will make your future, being aware of potential tempting proposals arriving at Alvalade. Marcos Rojo assures that has a contract and want to get the Lions, but it appears something better will discuss it. 'I have a contract, I want to stay. Of course all players aspire always more. If there is a good one for me and the club will soon see what can happen, "said the Argentine to the press upon arrival at the airport, after the holidays we had right after the presence in Brazil of the World.

Marcos Rojo did an excellent World in the eyes of critics and fans and was considered one of the best left-backs in the competition. Something that can harm Sporting in sports: can lose one of their best players abroad but can benefit financially from their sale.

http://www.futebol365.pt/noticia/118100/

I'll stick with the view that we have no chance of getting him until I actually see him signing.

We have absolutely zero chance of signing Rojo, he's very much sought after and the price tag will be beyond our miserly approach. We've probably bid about 3 million or something like that for him.

BBC+ Sky is so insular don't you know. I know people who are really in football, they tell me things. When those who have been told spread what they've heard about Sky,BBC and the other vultures pick them up. This came from a Portuguese chap that I know. No doubt if you were to hunt it down you could find it elsewhere.

Its all over the Potuguese media and has been since yesterday when Rojo gave a press conference when he returned to Portugal after his WC holiday. You dont need to know a connected man in fooball in Portugal :p

Its all over the Potuguese media and has been since yesterday when Rojo gave a press conference when he returned to Portugal after his WC holiday. You dont need to know a connected man in fooball in Portugal :p

Bloke's a builder actually, doing some work on our roof. His son plays for Clermont though;

We have absolutely zero chance of signing Rojo, he's very much sought after and the price tag will be beyond our miserly approach. We've probably bid about 3 million or something like that for him.

No doubt you'll gleefully return with your regular line of "I told you so" which seems to be in every other post of yours lately.

This is why we should have offered a fair price in the first place. We could have had this deal wrapped up a week ago! Now other clubs are sniffing around.

No we couldn't - at least not whilst the CL qualifiers are on.

Would be odd to sign both Bertrand and him but I would be pleased with that if it happened. Would mean that if Ryan wasn't up to it we would have a decent replacement as long as we get another cb as well.

When will we stop fannying around with trifling fees? He'll never come for £10m (not that it's very likely he'll come at all), we've got a shed load of readies burning a hole in our pocket - no need to **** about. He'd cost at least £15m by anyone's account...

Edited by JxgrSaint
Autocorrect

When will we stop fannying around with trifling fees? He'll never come for £10m (not that it's very likely he'll come at all), we've got a shed load of readies burning a hole in our pocket - no need to **** about. He'd cost at least £15m by anyone's account...

Can I buy your house for 50k

Ahh the pompey way..............

What am I looking at? He played left back for Argentina and has a lot for Sporting too.

We would be buying as a centre back. Not sure there is much in this myself, happy to be proven wrong though.

You´re looking at his performances and if you check you will se in what position he was playing in those games, and the stats are similar for every year in Sporting.

He´s played CB in more than 90% of his games in Sporting, but is used in the national team as LB.

Pretty much as Croatia did use Lovren up until last season...

What am I looking at? He played left back for Argentina and has a lot for Sporting too.

We would be buying as a centre back. Not sure there is much in this myself, happy to be proven wrong though.

Agree. Don't think we would have signed Bertrand if we wanted this guy.

He'll go to Russia for loads of ££££££££££££££££££££

Edited by Saint IQ

His club have quoted £16M to us. I would have opened with a £12M bid but at least £10M is not a daft bid. Maybe we can meet around £13-14M to get the deal over the line.

No idea who this is but I hope he's not just trying to get a few extra retweets!

Part of me doesn't want him to come as I am enjoying the doom and gloom mongers incessant whinging. While it is understandable to whinge a bit, the continuous nature of it is boring/amusing/trite etc etc