Marcos Rojo

S-Clarke

Rojo has been spoken to. My source tells me he doesn't think he'll be coming. Too much interest from elsewhere and feels we'll be priced out of a deal as others will offer far higher wages.

Interesting to see De Vrij say that Utd were never in for him but other clubs were but he wouldn't name them. I'm reliably informed we were one of them. Again, our offer was no where near what others were offering.

You should really open a Twitter account....:rolleyes:

Rojo has been spoken to. My source tells me he doesn't think he'll be coming. Too much interest from elsewhere and feels we'll be priced out of a deal as others will offer far higher wages.

Interesting to see De Vrij say that Utd were never in for him but other clubs were but he wouldn't name them. I'm reliably informed we were one of them. Again, our offer was no where near what others were offering.

Funny how your source has never ever said anything remotely positive, isn't it?

Twitter does contain millions of randoms spouting rubbish, but it also contains the actual people in question and journalists with good contacts. If you filter it correctly its far better than a "block down the pub told me... XYZ".

Does it? If you hadn't pointed it out i genuinely would have had no idea.

I was told pretty much the same thing. There may be an announcement later today as the club are currently locked in negotiations and are trying to get a couple of deals sealed. No names, sorry.

Also been told to expect more loans.

I was told pretty much the same thing. There may be an announcement later today as the club are currently locked in negotiations and are trying to get a couple of deals sealed. No names, sorry.

Also been told to expect more loans.

Why are we getting a load of loans in?

Funny how your source has never ever said anything remotely positive, isn't it?

Really? So what about when my source (who I named) reported that Shaw was having talks with Chelsea? Something which several people rubbished and now JM has come out and said they talked to him.

Why are we getting a load of loans in?

I'm told it's because we have several young players who Koeman believes aren't quite ready to make the step up. The loans are with an option to buy. It kind of makes sense. You get a player who can do a job in the short term. If the youth player doesn't make the grade then you sign up the loan Ayer on a permanent deal. If your youth option comes good then you can send the loan player back. I guess this is the train of thought with Bertrand & Targett?

I've been told that certain people (no names' date=' sorry) are making up imaginary sources and that in reality they have no more idea what's going on than the rest of us. Don't shoot the messenger.[/quote']

If your mate hasn't sent it to you in a text, I don't believe it.

I'm told it's because we have several young players who Koeman believes aren't quite ready to make the step up. The loans are with an option to buy. It kind of makes sense. You get a player who can do a job in the short term. If the youth player doesn't make the grade then you sign up the loan Ayer on a permanent deal. If your youth option comes good then you can send the loan player back. I guess this is the train of thought with Bertrand & Targett?

Or we don't want to spend the money? Kruger did say it would be spent on transfers or wages (loans)

I've been told that certain people (no names' date=' sorry) are making up imaginary sources and that in reality they have no more idea what's going on than the rest of us. Don't shoot the messenger.[/quote']

I'm not sure I trust your sources on that one.

Really? So what about when my source (who I named) reported that Shaw was having talks with Chelsea? Something which several people rubbished and now JM has come out and said they talked to him.

Considering Chelsea's interest was all over the media for a year or so before he left its hardly a ringing endorsement of your ITKness that your source said they were interested in him.

I get very bored of those who self aggrandize with their ITk-ness. Far better those that just say what they know without the self aggrandizement. It's all appreciated, but come on, we're all Saints fans (although I do have to question if the likes of Richmond are), no need to big things up.

I get very bored of those who self aggrandize with their ITk-ness. Far better those that just say what they know without the self aggrandizement. It's all appreciated, but come on, we're all Saints fans (although I do have to question if the likes of Richmond are), no need to big things up.

I don't bother posting my snippets on here anymore. Far too many idiots quick to jump on you desperately hoping you're wrong or what you say doesn't happen.

I don't bother posting my snippets on here anymore. Far too many idiots quick to jump on you desperately hoping you're wrong or what you say doesn't happen.

Must admit it is grating the amount of posters who are quick to criticise an opinion. It does put people off sharing gems.

I reckon there's a tax reason to do with capital purchases. The loan fees can be offset directly against profits.

So, I could loan in all my employees, and just write off their wages against my profits?? Bargain!

(if I had any employees. Or profits. :( )

So, I could loan in all my employees, and just write off their wages against my profits?? Bargain!

(if I had any employees. Or profits. :( )

You already write off their wages anyway. Unless you have capitalised their contracts, i.e. given them a value in your books, then there would be no advantage. :)

Any rumours of substance will be official leaks of that you can be assured. Nobody on here appear to act in such an official capacity even as a mole so the best thing to do is to regard it all as BS.

With 17 days to go to ko the likelihood of SFC spending any of the money that has been raked in from transfers out is diminishing rapidly. None will be spent in my view all the clap-trap about imminent signings is simply PR spin to stop us gullible peasants revolting.

Any rumours of substance will be official leaks of that you can be assured. Nobody on here appear to act in such an official capacity even as a mole so the best thing to do is to regard it all as BS.

With 17 days to go to ko the likelihood of SFC spending any of the money that has been raked in from transfers out is diminishing rapidly. None will be spent in my view all the clap-trap about imminent signings is simply PR spin to stop us gullible peasants revolting.

31 days not 17 until window shuts

I thought English players cost more but we are being asked 16m by Sporting for Rojos a 24 year old Argentinian International according to the Express but they have just sold 21 year old Eric Dier apparently a Highly rated England Under 21 international defender to Spurs for only 4m.

Maybe they think we are desperate? Also I wonder if Dier was on our scouts list if MoPo has bought him!

I thought English players cost more but we are being asked 16m by Sporting for Rojos a 24 year old Argentinian International according to the Express but they have just sold 21 year old Eric Dier apparently a Highly rated England Under 21 international defender to Spurs for only 4m.

Maybe they think we are desperate?

Probably more to do with the fact that they get all of the £4m for Dier and only £4m of the £16m for Rojo as they only own 25%

I've been told that Les is currently on Safari in Portugal trying to catch the elusive 'Rojo' he keeps throwing £11m at him but the gate-keepers will accept no less than £16m so Les is going home a sad man, albeit with a new tan on his already bald head.

There was an interview with a Dutch journo who said that Koeman took the captaincy away from him, and that de Vrij quite possibly never forgave him for that and wouldn't want to sign for him.

Poor choice.

Cheap choice? ;)

FWIW I don't think Bertrand means anything with regards to any potential deal here, as Rojo is just a left sided CB for Sporting, he was actually out of position at the WC - but showed he can play there.