Marcos Rojo

S-Clarke

Or it could make it easier, if the sports group that own the other 75% put pressure on them to sell...

This imo. Doyen are an investment group - you'd have to think they will want to bank a very healthy profit now instead of possibly a bit more cash at some indeterminate point in the future if all goes well.

Tadic was with Doyen Sports at one time as well, don't know if they still had any involvement with him when we signed him from Twente though. If so we know the ropes on

that front seemingly.

I take your point, but I don't think the Dutch League have the same part ownership issues that the Portuguese league appears to have.

I take your point, but I don't think the Dutch League have the same part ownership issues that the Portuguese league appears to have.

In fact I've been looking into the Doyen Group, very nebulous but their sports arm definitely took somewhere between 25 and 30% of our money for Tadic. Small fry for them, they've 50% of Falcao and a massive chunk of Neymar to mention but a few. Minting it from players it would seem, that's their business it's a venture capital fund. They put up 3.5 million euros for Sporting to buy Rojo and get 75% in return. Nice money making system don't you think. If they take 16 million euros that will be 12 million against 3.5 million in a year, we should refuse to deal with people like that, or so says Michel Platini.. So taking into account even 25% of the Tadic fee, lets call it 14 million €, then Doyen Global will have made about 15.5 million€ out of Saints in a month or so.

Further edit: Do you think that there are people from an entity like Global on the WEF ? Wouldn't be surprised by that in any way at all.

further further edit: Tevfik Arif one of the principal backers of Doyen was rumoured to be interested in buying Aston Villa a couple of months back but nothing came of it.How coincidental it all is, surely nothing more than that though.

Edited by Window Cleaner

In fact I've been looking into the Doyen Group, very nebulous but their sports arm definitely took somewhere between 25 and 30% of our money for Tadic. Small fry for them, they've 50% of Falcao and a massive chunk of Neymar to mention but a few. Minting it from players it would seem, that's their business it's a venture capital fund. They put up 3.5 million euros for Sporting to buy Rojo and get 75% in return. Nice money making system don't you think. If they take 16 million euros that will be 12 million against 3.5 million in a year, we should refuse to deal with people like that, or so says Michel Platini.. So taking into account even 25% of the Tadic fee, lets call it 14 million €, then Doyen Global will have made about 15.5 million€ out of Saints in a month or so.

I think I need to redirect my business into this market.......anyone know any players I can start with? :)

I can't imagine Cortese dealing with anyone like that. He could only just abide dealing with agents.

Also posted this on the Fonte captain thread but maybe better here...

If we were to sign both Rojo and Van Dijk (don't think we will) could it be with a view to playing something like this? Not sure where Tadic fits in though..

----------Boruc

---VVD-- Fonte-- Rojo

Clyne-------------- Bertrand

----------Wanyama

Schneiderlin-----Taider

----------Davis

----------Pelle

Clyne and Bertand as wing backs pushing on to provide width

VVD played in the right hand centre back position for Celtic against Legia was a disaster in the first leg after he looked so at ease begfore Ambrose being sent off.

http://www.ojogo.pt/futebol/1a_liga/sporting/interior.aspx?content_id=4068336&page=-1

..."There are proposals for the Marcos Rojo and Slimani, but the values are below what the Sporting legitimately want. For William Carvalho is that there are no proposals ", revealed, on the afternoon of Thursday, Bruno de Carvalho, President of Sporting, in conversation with journalists at the presentation of the squad of futsal club. ...

http://www.ojogo.pt/futebol/1a_liga/sporting/interior.aspx?content_id=4068336&page=-1

..."There are proposals for the Marcos Rojo and Slimani, but the values are below what the Sporting legitimately want. For William Carvalho is that there are no proposals ", revealed, on the afternoon of Thursday, Bruno de Carvalho, President of Sporting, in conversation with journalists at the presentation of the squad of futsal club. ...

Eh?!

Les I believe in you, now just ****ing put a sensible offer in and get it sorted, ruthless don would have this completed in no time..

Les is just soaking up a bit of Portuguese sun before jetting back with Rojo

Yes - like he did with Ramirez and Osvaldo. Both done and dusted in a blink of the eye........oh! ;)

Indeed both don't done and dusted, no pressure les, although granted they both took a while..

Tweets from a football writer in Portugal

@PortuBall: If you'd told me before the World Cup that anyone would be willing to pay €12m for Marcos Rojo I'd recommend you to get your head checked.

@PortuBall: I'm still not a huge fan of Rojo. His positioning and reading of the game is terrible, but €12m makes more sense after a good World Cup.

Also not sure if already posted

@PortuBall: Sporting Pres Carvalho admits Slimani and Rojo are up for sale. All he says about William Carvalho is that they haven't received any offers.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Tweets from a football writer in Portugal

@PortuBall: If you'd told me before the World Cup that anyone would be willing to pay €12m for Marcos Rojo I'd recommend you to get your head checked.

@PortuBall: I'm still not a huge fan of Rojo. His positioning and reading of the game is terrible, but €12m makes more sense after a good World Cup.

Also not sure if already posted

@PortuBall: Sporting Pres Carvalho admits Slimani and Rojo are up for sale. All he says about William Carvalho is that they haven't received any offers.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Maybe he's a better fullback than a CB where positioning and reading of the game are less important. Of course, we seem to be looking at him as a CB.

This, but don't think we will be playing 3-5-2.

I think we will at times but not at home. Home we will go 433 but Koeman is a manager with more than 1 plan and he likes options so i would think a 352 type formation might be used in certain games or to close a game down.

Its a fair point - its never a good idea to buy a player just after they've had a decent WC - the price is inflated and so are opinions about ability.

Its a fair point - its never a good idea to buy a player just after they've had a decent WC - the price is inflated and so are opinions about ability.

But likewise if you follow a team or a league closely you will find flaws in every players abilities...

Any fans of other clubs reading SWF would conclude

Lambert, would have been sold to the glue factory

Lallana, decent player for 65 minutes with a powder puff shot

Shaw, rampant addiction to Burger King and can't cross for toffee

Lovren, great for 10 games and would be lost without Big Vic and Mad Artur

True, but Argentina's World Cup squad was not exactly easy to crack, never mind the staring line up.

It's like being good enough to crack England's squad X 5. Not that this is really saying anything. ;)

Any fans of other clubs reading SWF would conclude

Lambert, would have been sold to the glue factory

Lallana, decent player for 65 minutes with a powder puff shot

Shaw, rampant addiction to Burger King and can't cross for toffee

Lovren, great for 10 games and would be lost without Big Vic and Mad Artur

But that's all true, isn't it?