Marcos Rojo

S-Clarke

Bumped into Les Reed in the car park this morning. Asked him how the trip to Portugal went. He replied that it was a night mare. I asked if that meant bad news. He said Unfortunately yes. Lots of politics, they never wsnted to sell and the lads got lots of mafioso surrounding him. I asked if the holding company was a problem. They certainly got in the way of things.

I then asked if there are others. Got a few lined up. Bit of a hurry really that's where I am going.

Never been Itk before. Just telling it like it happened.

Right Sider - I too negotiated my way into the path of Les Reed this morning, whilst picking up tickets for today's game. I asked the same question and he gave the exact answers you mention. Also asked about VVD and he said he wasn't a player that RK rated.

Right Sider - I too negotiated my way into the path of Les Reed this morning, whilst picking up tickets for today's game. I asked the same question and he gave the exact answers you mention. Also asked about VVD and he said he wasn't a player that RK rated.

This must be this new open communication thing the club were on about Les reed just trawls around the car park at SMS telling everyone he meets about the in's and outs of our transfer business. Could we not just get him a saintsweb account then Les could give the whole board this info rather than me trying to catch him in the car park?

This must be this new open communication thing the club were on about Les reed just trawls around the car park at SMS telling everyone he meets about the in's and outs of our transfer business. Could we not just get him a saintsweb account then Les could give the whole board this info rather than me trying to catch him in the car park?

Ralph will be in the South Western from 3PM for a briefing on each board member's job remit and their goals for the next 12 months.

Bumped into Les Reed in the car park this morning. Asked him how the trip to Portugal went. He replied that it was a night mare. I asked if that meant bad news. He said Unfortunately yes. Lots of politics, they never wsnted to sell and the lads got lots of mafioso surrounding him. I asked if the holding company was a problem. They certainly got in the way of things.

I then asked if there are others. Got a few lined up. Bit of a hurry really that's where I am going.

Never been Itk before. Just telling it like it happened.

Great ITKing. Nice one!

Make sure you carry on your ITK life cycle by going on to post ever more vague and non committal information, but continually referencing how right you have been about everything but can't be expected to know everything.

Then do some stropping off saying you're not going to bother any more only posting stuff the media has already confirmed in a desperate fishing exercise to get people to say how much you are valued and don't listen to the horrible people etc etc.

Ralph will be in the South Western from 3PM for a briefing on each board member's job remit and their goals for the next 12 months.

I won't be able to get there by 3. Can you ask him to wait 15 minutes?

Why are some members of this forum so mean spirited and aggressive towards others who give us some snippets of info? The main reason I visit this site is for information on Saints. I take it all in then wait to see if it's true. If it doesn't pan out a certain way I don't really feel the need to act like a d1ck to said posters. Surely most adults on here do the same?

Why are some members of this forum so mean spirited and aggressive towards others who give us some snippets of info? The main reason I visit this site is for information on Saints. I take it all in then wait to see if it's true. If it doesn't pan out a certain way I don't really feel the need to act like a d1ck to said posters. Surely most adults on here do the same?

Completely agree

Good post

Assuming Rightsider doesn't have a track record as a windup merchant or a Look At Me Attentionseeker, there's only one explanation for the story: The trip was a nightmare and Reed is convinced that there's no chance of a deal happening, and is happy to let that leak out.

It's believable, though not likely given the 'official announcement only' stance that the club seems to be trying to keep to.

Well said

Well said. I assume they are jealous cos they know **** all but think this forum is all about them, sort of an online ****ing contest. It's pathetic really.

To clarify. You might notice at no point did either Les or myself mention Rojo by name. Just the fact that he was in Portugal. And the 'club' didn't want to sell. He wasn't giving out specific info and wouldn't elaborate on any targets. I have pretty much quoted as it was said.

Found him in a similar mood when I spoke to him briefly at the Sholing friendly last season. Then all he said was to watch the news in the next day or two. VW signed two days after.

Sorry, but based on what?! That he has followed somebody on Twitter? Is that what we now count as official confirmation?

Based on the fact that those who play for certain teams usually follow each other. Not official confirmation but looks like a fairly strong hint that it could be on.

In any case anyone thinking we could land this lad really are a bit mental, he was always going to a bigger club than us.

Sorry, but based on what?! That he has followed somebody on Twitter? Is that what we now count as official confirmation?

I follow Real Madrid,Ronaldo,Bale & Benzema on instagram

Still waiting for my call from Ancelotti for my trial.

Based on the fact that those who play for certain teams usually follow each other. Not official confirmation but looks like a fairly strong hint that it could be on.

In any case anyone thinking we could land this lad really are a bit mental, he was always going to a bigger club than us.

good, we really shouldn't be dealing with people like Doyen.

Totally agree with you. Very grateful to the folk who do post post with snippets of information. It is what I thought this forum was all about, silly me.

Thought it would be useful info. I normally come here to try to find out rumours. Was just in the right place at right time. Les Reed has a LAR personalised number plate for those that were wondering. So shoot me.

Thanks for posting what you heard RS and dont worry about the people who have a pop.

I have family in Portugal who are regulars at Sporting's matches.

Rojo is a very good CB, equally good LB which I presume is the position we were trying to sign him for. Don't be fooled to think Sporting don't want to sell him. The club are recovering from rather tough times financially (recently wound-up bank BES is one of their main creditors) and despite CL football this season still need at least a decent sale a year to honor previous debt negotiations. In fact, they've recently signed another FB and they've done that with their DM position too given the huge interest in their academy star William Carvalho (no offers as of today though).

Their chairman may drive a hard bargain, but there is a very good reason for it: Sporting will only receive 20% of any transfer fee. The other 80% of the player's "ownership rights" (and therefore transfer money) belong to different people (mafiosos is a very adequate word indeed) from his agent, to a player representation agency (to which Sporting sold some of their rights a couple of years ago for cash), to his debut club in Argentina, to former club Spartak Moscow (a majority of it I'm told). Therefore, chances are that while Sporting would accept the original 10 or 12 million, the others don't, and of course Premier League rules mean Saints must buy out the total amount of his sporting rights (remember the Ramirez-Peñarol issues). And those other stakeholders would prefer an option where they can still earn money from the player moving him to a league where they are still allowed to "own" him, or else let him go but receive an extortionate amount of money.

You do what you know is right not lower yourself to ther peoples standards

Moreover, there is a right way and a wrong way to go. Look at Forster and what he said and did on his way out of Celtic. He, in effect, forced the move to Southampton but he had stayed there for 4 years and, as far as we can determine, treated everyone with respect. He certainly didn't try to force Celtic to accept an excessively low fee from us.

Agreed.

Normally I would agree except the only thing really revealed is that Rojo was a no go. If true it is probably harmless to reveal and if not it might be tactically advantageous to leek word of this. Or he could have been frustrated and blowing off steam in a way that wouldn't matter because who would believe or care about the statement in that context.

I follow Real Madrid,Ronaldo,Bale & Benzema on instagram

Still waiting for my call from Ancelotti for my trial.

You missed your chance when you didn't respond to Ancelotti's tweet. Should have been following him too.

Thanks for posting what you heard RS and dont worry about the people who have a pop.

Obviously, everyone in Southampton should be carrying a mobile device that is always recording so we can get the most reliable information.

Is Rojo a no go then?

I still have a strong feeling that he will sign next week, after all the fuss and work saints have done to try and sign him.

Ronald probably ordered him to follow these chaps on Instagram to keep other clubs from having a sniff of him.

Haha apparently so! So based on that supposed logic, Danny Ings is following some saints players on Instagram, is it safe to get "Ings 7" on the back of the away shirt I'm going to order?

And they have no left back other than Shaw so need another option + won't have a problem paying the 3rd party fee. Transfer to them makes a lot of sense.

True but if I were a United fan I would be very worried cause I can't see him as anything but a 5th-6th choice on their transfer targets list in that position.

They´re struggling to get their prime targets big time atm....

And fwiw I think we can pay the 3rd party fee too, United wouldn´t stump up £20m+ for him so the fee to a 3rd party won't be an issue at all imo.

True but if I were a United fan I would be very worried cause I can't see him as anything but a 5th-6th choice on their transfer targets list in that position.

They´re struggling to get their prime targets big time atm....

And fwiw I think we can pay the 3rd party fee too, United wouldn´t stump up £20m+ for him so the fee to a 3rd party won't be an issue at all imo.

How do you know they wouldn't pay £20m? Not saying they will but they'll comfortably pay more than we would be willing to.

He's young and would be a risk but then again he could turn out to be a world class defender for 10 years

Edited by Saint IQ