Marcos Rojo

S-Clarke

Yes but I would play them both at CB if we had them with Bertrand as LB.

I suppose it depends on who has the best chemistry and understanding but we'd be without a leader if Fonte didn't start. Steve Davis is the only other option, and I don't see him as a guaranteed starter. I suppose we'll find out.

Translated:

The Southampton Premier League club, made an offer of € 12 million by Marcos Rojo. The proposal was promptly rejected by the "lions", as the club want a more advantageous financial offer and the payment method also not pleased.

The club are in Portugal to try to bring the Argentine footballer for England and offered ten million euros, which would be paid in several installments over the five-year contract that would be offered to Rojo. This initial proposal would add two million euros that would be dependent on the performance of the player and the team.

The club from the south of England would be willing to make an effort to reach out to 15 million euros, however, Sporting seems to want more money for the player.

Bruno de Carvalho want to fit around EUR five million by 25 percent of the pass belonging to the "green and white". The player will stay in can hamper output.

When you decide to go to Portugal, you do so knowing what the ceiling price will be.

Once there you do your utmost to haggle the best price.

Either way, you dont come back empty handed.

For what its worth, when Reed supposedly left for Portugal, the decision was already made to have him at whatever the subsequent price.

When you decide to go to Portugal, you do so knowing what the ceiling price will be.

For what its worth, when Reed supposedly left for Portugal, the decision was already made to have him at whatever the subsequent price.

That's good, are you ITK on this? Would think getting him for less than we got for Lovren would be excellent business and they have said €20m max so, good news!

Translated:

The Southampton Premier League club, made an offer of € 12 million by Marcos Rojo. The proposal was promptly rejected by the "lions", as the club want a more advantageous financial offer and the payment method also not pleased.

The club are in Portugal to try to bring the Argentine footballer for England and offered ten million euros, which would be paid in several installments over the five-year contract that would be offered to Rojo. This initial proposal would add two million euros that would be dependent on the performance of the player and the team.

The club from the south of England would be willing to make an effort to reach out to 15 million euros, however, Sporting seems to want more money for the player.

Bruno de Carvalho want to fit around EUR five million by 25 percent of the pass belonging to the "green and white". The player will stay in can hamper output.

So they want 25% sell on. HA!! Good luck.

I think it means that they want their 25% of him to be worth €5m, hence the €20m overall. 75% of him isn't owned by Sporting Lisbon (and we thought Liverpool owning Dejan's head was bad!)

Yes, but Dejan's head was more than 25% of his total Dejan-ness. Probably more like 35%. In fact, it's so inflated now, he probably looks like one of those player figurines...

Gone back in with €17M? http://www.ojogo.pt/Futebol/1a_liga/Sporting/interior.aspx?content_id=4067754&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+OJ-Ultimas+(OJ+-+Ultimas)

Google translate fo what it's worth...

After seeing rejected an initial proposal in the amount of 12 million euro, the British press to try to convince the SAD to release defender

Marcos Rojo remains a matter of greed in major European leagues, and SAD Sporting yesterday received an offer of € 17 million to release the Argentina defender. The offer originates from the Southampton club desperately trying to ensure tender man who persuaded the reluctant Argentine supporters of its quality during the World Cup in Brazil. GAME what was found, the British emblem was not intimidated by the rejection of his first approach - the greens and whites declined to EUR 12 million offered on Tuesday - and returned to the charge up the parade in an attempt to overcome the reluctance . Lions respond today.

"Lions respond today."

This is the key point from the above. Looks good, if true. Would be a great signing.

Looks like our scouts have been trawling this board as I suggested Rojo would be the player I wanted us to go for from the tournament in the "Players We Should Sign from the World Cup" thread... ;) :suspicious:

Gone back in with €17M? http://www.ojogo.pt/Futebol/1a_liga/Sporting/interior.aspx?content_id=4067754&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+OJ-Ultimas+(OJ+-+Ultimas)

After seeing rejected an initial proposal in the amount of 12 million euro, the British press to try to convince the SAD to release defender

Marcos Rojo remains a matter of greed in major European leagues, and SAD Sporting yesterday received an offer of € 17 million to release the Argentina defender. The offer originates from the Southampton club desperately trying to ensure tender man who persuaded the reluctant Argentine supporters of its quality during the World Cup in Brazil. GAME what was found, the British emblem was not intimidated by the rejection of his first approach - the greens and whites declined to EUR 12 million offered on Tuesday - and returned to the charge up the parade in an attempt to overcome the reluctance . Lions respond today.

Good to see we are moving quickly rather than waiting an age to submit a new offer. I would guess we are nearing our top offer though but I think it should be enough provided there is enough up front. It's a pretty significant jump from our last offer though.

Edited by saint_ed

Good to see we are moving quickly rather than waiting an age to submit a new offer. I would guess we are nearing our top offer though but I think it should be enough provided there is enough up front. It's a pretty significant jump from our last offer though.

So 13 mill out for Rojo, 25mill in for Dejan? Good bit of business I feel.

So 13 mill out for Rojo, 25mill in for Dejan? Good bit of business I feel.

Great business if we can get it over the line. Clearly he is our top target and fits the profile of centre backs who like to dribble the ball out which Ronald likes.

Considering how poorly they have treeted us this summer, it is a nice touch by the British press to help us land the player! :)

Great business if we can get it over the line. Clearly he is our top target and fits the profile of centre backs who like to dribble the ball out which Ronald likes.

Looks highly likely this will happen. We must have contacted RoJo's people and agreed a deal in principle other wise we would be wasting our time trying to agree a deal with his club. looks like its just the dancing to agree the fee.

Looks highly likely this will happen. We must have contacted RoJo's people and agreed a deal in principle other wise we would be wasting our time trying to agree a deal with his club. looks like its just the dancing to agree the fee.

Would be a huge statement and would hopefully stop the perceived rot that the press are continually banging on about

may also help our other lines of inquiry

Whilst I hope you are correct, £120 on easyjet and a couple of nights in El Primero Inn are small beer compared to a €20m transfer.

Fingers crossed.

Erm, that's pretty much a carbon copy of what I posted yesterday.

I am sceptical that this will happen

if we les comes back without Rojo onboard then I do not think it will happen

hope so. but just like astori last year.....

Is it similar to Astori last year in as much as we've been linked to him? I can see no other connections between the two.

yeah, dragged out.....just that same feeling

hope not as I think Rojo would be a quality signing

I think last year Astori was more an option to us, I doubt we seriously ever went in for him due to how speculative all the rumours were and the fact that we got Lovren instead. Rojo seems to be more of a priority to us, instead of an option.

Also, just seen this comment from a Liverpool fan on YouTube:

Patrick Ferris1 month ago (edited)

Not much of an improvement on Flanagan at LB, tho Marcos is more developed and looks more solid and dependable but similar players.

What a bunch of muppets the scousers are!

:suspicious: It sounds as if trying to organise this transfer is easier than getting a good translation ..no wonder things don't wotk out every time.

Also posted this on the Fonte captain thread but maybe better here...

If we were to sign both Rojo and Van Dijk (don't think we will) could it be with a view to playing something like this? Not sure where Tadic fits in though..

----------Boruc

---VVD-- Fonte-- Rojo

Clyne-------------- Bertrand

----------Wanyama

Schneiderlin-----Taider

----------Davis

----------Pelle

Clyne and Bertand as wing backs pushing on to provide width

If we were to sign both Rojo and Van Dijk (don't think we will) could it be with a view to playing something like this? Not sure where Tadic fits in though..

----------Boruc

---VVD-- Fonte-- Rojo

----------Wanyama

Schneiderlin-----Taider

----------Tadic

----------Pelle

Replace him with Davis. I like the look of that!

A lot to sort out based on that article. The Ramirez transfer all over again!

Not really that much to sort, just get the fee agreed with more than one owner. The experience of signing Ramirez could be handy in that (assuming Cortese didn't do it all, and I'm guessing it was more a legal team thing).

I seem to recall from (or possibly due to) the Mascherano/Tevez debacle that you can't even loan players if they have multiple owners under Premier League rules, so we won't have that fall-back position.

----------Boruc

---VVD-- Fonte-- Rojo

----------Wanyama

Schneiderlin-----Taider

----------Davis

----------Pelle

Tadic looks infinitely better than Taider. Don't put too much emphasis on Taider, he'll be a bit part player. We've taken him to get Osvaldo off of our pay role for another season, we're probably paying Taider less than half of Osvaldo's salary.

----------Boruc

---VVD-- Fonte-- Rojo

----------Wanyama

Schneiderlin-----Taider

----------Davis

----------Pelle

If we were going to play 3-5-2 we would have already done so by now.

Just been chatting to a Sporting fan on Twitter...

His tweets:

Looks like @SouthamptonFC is inching closer to getting @marcosrojoscp from @Sporting_CP #SportingCP #saintsfc http://m.ojogo.pt/m/article?contentID=4067754

he's a CB with SCP and a LB for the AFA. We've gotten a few new CB's so he might be on his way soon.

Asked if Rojo would fancy a move to Saints:

good point. SCP is in the CL this season but the saints play in the EPL and can pay him a much higher salary

Wearing my simplistic head, the fact that SCP only "own" 25% seems to make this deal an extremely difficult one to resolve.

Tadic was with Doyen Sports at one time as well, don't know if they still had any involvement with him when we signed him from Twente though. If so we know the ropes on

that front seemingly.

Edit:In exchange for an injection of funds of around 5 million € last January Twente let Doyen have partial rights (25-30%) on future transfers of 4 of their players, one of which was Dusan Tadic. So yes we do know how it works with them.

Edited by Window Cleaner