Marcos Rojo

S-Clarke

What does Alex crook know

He was sure it was Isgrove who scored and not Davis

So what hope has the numpty have of getting it right on transfers

It seems that he's right when it's positive news, but wrong when it's a negative slant. ;)

I cant see us paying £16m for a cb. also Sporting have just sold another cb to Spurs, so maybe they're happy to hold on to him now.

We have the money and we really need new CB's so yes 16m is nothing atm. Get him and the Celtic defender and we'll be sorted for Cb's imo. Offload Jos though.

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ojogo.pt%2FFutebol%2F1a_liga%2FSporting%2Finterior.aspx%3Fcontent_id%3D4066111&edit-text=&act=url

Officers are in Lisbon and Southampton yesterday presented the proposal to the lions.

The Southampton, the English Premier League, presented yesterday in Alvalade, an offer of € 12 million for the outright transfer of all economic and sporting rights defender Marcos Rojo. The second SET was found to offer the emblem of southern England was rejected not only by the figures, but also due to how the payment would be made.

Looks like Les was out in Portugal yesterday, seems we have not given up on Rojo yet. Or at least we are not done making troll offers for him.

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ojogo.pt%2FFutebol%2F1a_liga%2FSporting%2Finterior.aspx%3Fcontent_id%3D4066111&edit-text=&act=url

Looks like Les was out in Portugal yesterday, seems we have not given up on Rojo yet. Or at least we are not done making troll offers for him.

I said on the transfer thread yesterday that he was in Portugal. Not sure that he's still out there actually. I will try and find out.

if anyone can close the deal its les.

if anyone can close the deal its les.

he can certainly convince them as to what a great stepping stone we are and I'm sure he won't be hard to believe when he says we won't stand in their way of a move if the transfer fee offered is right.

Why not stop fannying around with this and make a sensible bid ? Or are we intent on completing this on deadline day ?

Surely we are beyond the timeframe where we can chuck a derisory in?

Exactly.Even if we have a bid accepted we still have the small matter of him agreeing terms, or farting around whilst awaiting a better offer.

Biggest concern for me is that while we chase this deal, we lose other more realistic targets.

he can certainly convince them as to what a great stepping stone we are and I'm sure he won't be hard to believe when he says we won't stand in their way of a move if the transfer fee offered is right.

It cant be easy to get Sporting Lisbon to give us their last Rojo.

As sad as it is, I can't see us being anything more than that. Trick will be to squeeze some success out before the £100k a week players move on.

Why not stop fannying around with this and make a sensible bid ? Or are we intent on completing this on deadline day ?

Exactly.Even if we have a bid accepted we still have the small matter of him agreeing terms, or farting around whilst awaiting a better offer.

Biggest concern for me is that while we chase this deal, we lose other more realistic targets.

We will have been given the heads up from Rojo's agent to suggest he would be interested in a move. We wouldn't be wasting the time agreeing a fee if we didn't have some inclination he is open to a move and within budget.

We will have been given the heads up from Rojo's agent to suggest he would be interested in a move. We wouldn't be wasting the time agreeing a fee if we didn't have some inclination he is open to a move and within budget.

Fair point, hope you're correct.

Why do you think that we won't be pursuing other prospects whilst we chase this? We need to have a few irons in the fire.

Why do you think that we won't be pursuing other prospects whilst we chase this? We need to have a few irons in the fire.

You would hope and expect so, but if we see VVD disappearing off the target to join Swansea it will be disappointing.

You would hope and expect so, but if we see VVD disappearing off the target to join Swansea it will be disappointing.

To be honest it depends who the priority CB target is. It seems Les was in Portugal yesterday trying to negotiate for Rojo (CB primarily for his club) and Guan and some media outlets suggest the club are very keen on Vlaar. Perhaps VVD is not as high on the club's list of preferred targets as press reports had suggested.

If true, and Reed has travelled out to Portugal for this deal, I'd imagine we're beyond the point of just chucking in a cheeky low-bid to see what happens. Big challenge to get it over the line,, but does suggest we're getting close.

I agree with this, I can't imagine Les heading to Portugal to offer an amount that they will refuse then fly home. There will be some negotiations, haggling face to face then hopefully an agreement can be made and then Les will speak to Rojo whilst there and the negotiations will start again. Could be out there a couple of days, hopefully bring him back on the plane in time for Saturday's game to watch his team mates in action.

Uncle Les must have been sufficiently encouraged to fly over to Portugal to get the deal done. These things take time - as it did with Tadic & Pelle - though you get the sense that we'll be facing tougher competition for his signature this time around. If we manage to bring in Taider, Rojo and Forster this week then we'll start to resemble a decent team again. Get Belhanda, another striker (Ings?), and Vlarr in on top of those, and we'll certainly have better depth than last season. Whether we'll have better quality or not, time will tell.

I agree with this, I can't imagine Les heading to Portugal to offer an amount that they will refuse then fly home. There will be some negotiations, haggling face to face then hopefully an agreement can be made and then Les will speak to Rojo whilst there and the negotiations will start again. Could be out there a couple of days, hopefully bring him back on the plane in time for Saturday's game to watch his team mates in action.

It definitely wouldn't happen that quickly. I swear people get confused between Football Manager and real life (not just directing at you Saint Ash)

Rojo does look impressive. I think he'll make a good replacement for Shaw, Bertrand has replaced Fox as cover. If we get Rojo we have LB sewn up.

Rojo will be playing centre back, that's the position he plays for his club teams. He's the Lovren replacement but will probably play against Chelsea as left back if Bertrand can't play.

Rojo does look impressive. I think he'll make a good replacement for Shaw, Bertrand has replaced Fox as cover. If we get Rojo we have LB sewn up.

If we get him (which I doubt) he will play centre back IMHO.

Bertrand/Targett at LB will be fine.

If Rojo joins it won't be to start regularly at left back, he'd be Lovren's replacement as the left sided centre back. Bertrand and Targett are our left backs this season.

Edited by Matthew Le God

You make a lot of inaccurate statements which you treat as fact, have you noticed?