SUI vs ENG

angelman

Lol @ Delph playing for England. The players on show out there wouldn't even be in the 'pool' of players 5/6 years ago. Ignoring how ineffective they were for England, there isn't anyone with the class and pedigree of Gerrard and Lampard anywhere near - which is sad. Beckham, Scholes, Owen, Neville, Cole, Rio, Campbell, Terry......at their time, leading players in world football. We don't have a single player who is leading in anything. Just decent, bog standard average players. Desperate stakes, and utterly depressing viewing.

Same old same old Hodgson with little to get excited about. One prospect for us Saints if England lose, is a triple post match killing. 1) Hodgson out, followed by 2) Rodgers being named England manager and 3) Liverpool appointing Pochettino as manager.

Lol @ Delph playing for England. The players on show out there wouldn't even be in the 'pool' of players 5/6 years ago. Ignoring how ineffective they were for England, there isn't anyone with the class and pedigree of Gerrard and Lampard anywhere near - which is sad. Beckham, Scholes, Owen, Neville, Cole, Rio, Campbell, Terry......at their time, leading players in world football. We don't have a single player who is leading in anything. Just decent, bog standard average players. Desperate stakes, and utterly depressing viewing.

you dont need world class players to be decent at international level

have mexico, costa rica, scotland (after last night performance) got 'world class' players?

you need to pick 11 players who play fairly regularly, and well for their clubs and go with a formation that works

picking stones at right back is just plain odd, stupid and unexplainable.

same as the continuation with johnson at right back.

throw in wilshere too.

the picking of chambers for this squad shows everything that is wrong with the national set up.

I like cahill, sterling, hart and henderson (if played where he does for liverpool)

we have a pool of some very good players. We dont need world beaters to be decent at this level. Look at chile in the world cup, even john bosejour looked very good for them, fancy him at saints? neither would i

you dont need world class players to be decent at international level

have mexico, costa rica, scotland (after last night performance) got 'world class' players?

you need to pick 11 players who play fairly regularly, and well for their clubs and go with a formation that works

picking stones at right back is just plain odd, stupid and unexplainable.

same as the continuation with johnson at right back.

throw in wilshere too.

the picking of chambers for this squad shows everything that is wrong with the national set up.

I like cahill, sterling, hart and henderson (if played where he does for liverpool)

we have a pool of some very good players. We dont need world beaters to be decent at this level. Look at chile in the world cup, even john bosejour looked very good for them, fancy him at saints? neither would i

Mexico have some class players, a fair few better than what England have to offer that's for sure. For example tonight, I'd have Rodriguez, Linchenstiner and Inler in that England team without a thought. I think we're just bog standard average, just playing at a level that reflects the players current limitations and lack of real flair.

It doesn't help though when the managers clear dour and slow demeanour rubs off on the team, which it has done. We could do more with this group, maybe not amazing things, still more definitely. But if we're honest it's still a scary lack of quality to choose from for an England football team.

Didn't even give Rickie a place on the bench where he should have led the attack. Hodgson deserves to go merely on such a decision of leaving him out.

I think Rickie is on the bench. But really, while we criticise Woy for playing Milner when he hardly gets a game at City, the same should really apply to Rickie.

But who should be in the squad???

The problem is, even though he has no (or very few) stars now, he is STILL picking square pegs in round holes. Until they get away from picking eleven players and trying to fit them into a system rather than picking players for the system you want to play, we are never going to improve.

The worst thing is his attitude he struts around the pitch and from what is perceived of his off field life is that he has made it as a top top international player. When really he is a grade A c_nt!!!

Could have been good, but won't ever be now. I doubt we'll ever know how much the injuries have limited his game, but he's a shadow of the player who was on the scene at 18.

Bit of a boring player who never seems to do anything.

Could have been good, but won't ever be now. I doubt we'll ever know how much the injuries have limited his game, but he's a shadow of the player who was on the scene at 18.

Bit of a boring player who never seems to do anything.

what annoys me, is the default view of many pundits that the midfield should be built around 'jack'

what annoys me, is the default view of many pundits that the midfield should be built around 'jack'

I'm not sure who you really buidl the midfield around to be honest! All very average.

Could just wait for a few years and build the team around Liverpool's midfield pairing of Reed and JWP. ;)

The problem is, even though he has no (or very few) stars now, he is STILL picking square pegs in round holes. Until they get away from picking eleven players and trying to fit them into a system rather than picking players for the system you want to play, we are never going to improve.

This

And no its not about picking players that are... 'Good for their clubs' as all you get is a disjointed and different team every few games. Which is why the team needs to be kept roughly the same, players need to gel and thats v hard at int level.

Quite frankly the current crop is less than bang average, easily the worst overall squad I have known in my lifetime. Summed up entirely by Rooney, who easily 'should' be our best player, has the ability but woefully out of form. Unfortunately, as much as Id like him dropped there isnt really anyone who is good enough to nail him to the subs bench.

Its drab, hodgson is as inspiring as a toilet brush. And carrys on the old tradition of not picking players that fit the system