Sadio Mane

kazza

Have you asked them?

Why should they have to keep mollycoddling half a dozen fans on an Internet forum? Let them get on with their jobs, please.

Surely one of the jobs of the Marketing Dept/Communications Dept is to communicate on aspects that might involve increasing sales. No-one is asking for Ron to tell us what is happening, but shirt sales could be affected by this player officially being available, saw several shirts with Mane's name on the back on Saturday. Sadly of course having mane on the back doesn't make us as much money as Alderwereledleerledorwhatever of course.

Surely one of the jobs of the Marketing Dept/Communications Dept is to communicate on aspects that might involve increasing sales. No-one is asking for Ron to tell us what is happening, but shirt sales could be affected by this player officially being available, saw several shirts with Mane's name on the back on Saturday. Sadly of course having mane on the back doesn't make us as much money as Alderwereledleerledorwhatever of course.

As I said above. Ron commented on Mane and the work permit situation on Thursday.

How often do you need to be updated?

The shirts thing, really? As if Marketing are going to comment on if a player has a work permit or not yet. Given that the club replaced the Taider shirt, they'll probably do the same if the Mane deal does fall through (which I highly doubt will happen).

But what is there to comment about? Somebody starts a rumour on an obscure internet forum and others then expect the club to respond within a couple of hours. You wouldn't expect any organisation to spend money employing somebody just to sit and read posts on here all day, would you?

(Although judging by the amount of time that some of us spend on here that is exactly what seems to be happening. :))

Ron mentioned looking forward to Mane coming into the team on Saturday evening on Solent (if memory serves me well) in the same sentence as the return of Rodriguez will be like a another new signing.

If there was anything to get your knickers in a twist over this it would have slipped out by now: especially as the media know everything there is to know from tip to toe of the club!

Why Accra, don't we have an embassy in Senegal....that would be Dakar I suppose.

There is a British embassy in Senegal, but as Ghana is a member of the Commonwealth and a former British colony and Senegal isn't then I'd guess the Accra British embassy is more substantial than the one in Dakar and easier for him to sort out his papers in Ghana.

Edited by Matthew Le God

There is a British embassy in Senegal, but as Ghana is a member of the Commonwealth and a former British colony and Senegal isn't then I'd guess the Accra British embassy is more substantial than the one in Dakar and easier for him to sort out his papers in Ghana.

Perhaps, fair old trot from Senegal though. Not sure how it works really.

I think this is the issue.

As always, none of us do (really).

But Tadic had to go to Serbia to wait, even though he was playing in Holland. You could argue that our Embassy in Den Hague is probably bigger than our embassy in Belgrade (might even not be..cost cutting obligé) so why Accra and not Dakar or Lagos or Johannesburg still leaves a question. Where's that embassy laddy, billyfoot..he'll know.

I don't but the fact that his profile was removed people were speculating that perhaps there have been some difficulties with work permits. There is no overreaction simply commenting on the situation.

Exactly - and it was different to the other players who had no photos. They just missed the photoshoot because either they hadn't signed (most of them) or were not actively involved at the time (Schneiderlin). Those profiles were still there but with silhoutetted photos.

Mane's profile was there, the same as the others, and then was missing so was either removed, or some kind of techincal hitch occured, and is now back, and hopefully tomorrow RK will say he is available for selection because he looks a really exciting player.

Interesting that he is the type that the FA intent to make it slightly more difficult to sign in future. They probably used Mayuka as a case study!

wasn't Mane already playing in Austria ?

And, is not Austria in the EU ?

Is the UK still a member of the EU ?

Is Southampton still in the UK?

if the answer is yes to the above he should not require another work permit surely ?

Course he does, the UK is totally exceptional in work permit requirements, you even need to get a new one for every new club you go to. Like Koné last winter, got a WP for West Ham, didn't fancy them after all and then had to get a new one for Everton. Mane should have no problem though, he must be totally qualified and shouldn't need a tribunal hearing, just takes time, like every bit of paper coming from the UK government these days, waited nigh on 6 months for my passport last year.

wasn't Mane already playing in Austria ?

And, is not Austria in the EU ?

Is the UK still a member of the EU ?

Is Southampton still in the UK?

if the answer is yes to the above he should not require another work permit surely ?

He needs a new work permit if he changes clubs within the UK, let alone other parts of the EU. Remember how long Radhi Jaidi's took to sort.

I often have to speak to people in Africa (Incl Senegal) for worky stuff and it is amazing how bad communication lines are over there. Something like a fax (yeah, I know) can get totally 'lost' for days and the internet still makes chirpy beepy noises on super slow dialup, pretty useless - unless its a satellite link and even then its a five minute delay.

Massively generalisation of course but it is also rather amusing watching Africans use a phone in this country for the first few times - they SHOUT ALL THE TIME AND HAVE NO IDEA THEY ARE DOING IT.

They don't care for, or even really get, the pace of 'our' communications, the phrase is simply 'this is Africa' with a shrug.

Perhaps, fair old trot from Senegal though. Not sure how it works really.

I think this is the issue.

As always, none of us do (really).

Wife is clued up on this as per my earlier post. It's something called a hub and spoke model and the reason he had to go to Ghana is this is our hub where visas are more likely to need to be processed speedily. Senegal does also have a visa processing site but could be the spoke leading to Ghana where he might get sorted more quickly.

The TB check I wrote about yesterday is a real process required to enter the UK and does cause deltas for overseas entrants to the UK. "Slow paperwork" could include this. Just got to wait this out unfortunately, if so.