Weekend 27/28 Sep - Other Games

Batman

why you pleased for him ffs, the guy is a royal judas c*nt

Just now, I realise my personal post-meltdown therapy is done as I am also pleased for Adam. I am hoping(a little) for an Everton win, but I'm just watching a game of footy, and if one of the players provide something specatcular, then I'm all for it. If Lallana comes good for them, he is a remarkable player...

Never mind him, we've got a good thing going ourselves with Koemans boys :)

It may have come across that way, but I doubt he meant it that way. You could see how emotional he felt about leaving the club at the end of the year awards bash speech.

yeah, signing liverpool shirts when away with England....he meant it

also, balotelli has awful movement

liverpool fail to win again

happy with that

liverpool up to the heady heights of 10th

Likely they'll finish 8th....!

On the subject of the foul on Lallana, did you notice how he didn't know which part of himself to clutch in [apparent] agony because he'd been tripped (leg?) and landed on his side/shoulder/head (no damage there, then), flopped onto his back, etc? Most entertaining, I thought.

How was it chadli was booked for cuppinghis ear. yet gerrard was all over his ears, shouting foul language etc, yet nothing?

also, why to the pundits get all excited about balotelli and say how unpredictable he is? he was crap yesterday and a couple of shots on goal in very selfish positions is 'unpredictable'

gerrard had a very quiet game. He scored a good set piece but his all round game was pretty poor

and what a XXXX rooney is.

How was it chadli was booked for cuppinghis ear. yet gerrard was all over his ears, shouting foul language etc, yet nothing?

also, why to the pundits get all excited about balotelli and say how unpredictable he is? he was crap yesterday and a couple of shots on goal in very selfish positions is 'unpredictable'

gerrard had a very quiet game. He scored a good set piece but his all round game was pretty poor

and what a XXXX rooney is.

Never sure which side of the goal he's going to miss, or who he's going to punch on the way there.

Just seen on twitter that adrian durham reckons, if you are rational and understand football, you will conclude that rooney should NOT have been sent off?

and this man is supposed to be a serious sports reporter/pundit/broadcaster???

Wowzer .... I'll have a pint of what he is drinking please, must be pretty potent stuff!!

It may have come across that way, but I doubt he meant it that way. You could see how emotional he felt about leaving the club at the end of the year awards bash speech.

That wasn't emotion, it was sheer embarrassment on his behalf that he already done the dirty on us, but hadn''t yet come clean about it to his adoring followers who'd voted for him.

With the announcement of each award, you could see him cringing ... öh feck, not another one....".

Many people on here posted straight away .... "he's off then" after seeing the look in his eyes and non commital answers to questions put to him.

It wasn't as if it was a spur of the moment decision once Liverpool put in a bid for him, he'd been bashing his bishop night after night at the thought of moving to Liverpool long before the end of the season, when supposedly giving his all as captain of us. And then refusing to hand in a transfer request was the final insult .... actually it wasn't though was it .... The Echo Advert was basically an egotistical FIGJAM moment, whether or not it was his idea or his advisors, it was crass to say the least.

Rant over ... Tadic looks a like a more than adequate replacement at a fraction of the cost.

That wasn't emotion, it was sheer embarrassment on his behalf that he already done the dirty on us, but hadn''t yet come clean about it to his adoring followers who'd voted for him.

With the announcement of each award, you could see him cringing ... öh feck, not another one....".

Many people on here posted straight away .... "he's off then" after seeing the look in his eyes and non commital answers to questions put to him.

It wasn't as if it was a spur of the moment decision once Liverpool put in a bid for him, he'd been bashing his bishop night after night at the thought of moving to Liverpool long before the end of the season, when supposedly giving his all as captain of us. And then refusing to hand in a transfer request was the final insult .... actually it wasn't though was it .... The Echo Advert was basically an egotistical FIGJAM moment, whether or not it was his idea or his advisors, it was crass to say the least.

Rant over ... Tadic looks a like a more than adequate replacement at a fraction of the cost.

100% spot on.

With the announcement of each award, you could see him cringing ... öh feck, not another

Oh c'mon. He may mistakenly view the club as not big enough for his ambition, but he's not a bloomin psychopath. He was there most of his childhood - of course he's going to feel emotional at leaving.

I'm annoyed at the way he handled it just as you are (and clearly the club were mighty hacked off too), but that doesn't make him the devil.

And I can't help but want to see one of our Academy players doing well.

Oh c'mon. He may mistakenly view the club as not big enough for his ambition, but he's not a bloomin psychopath. He was there most of his childhood - of course he's going to feel emotional at leaving.

I'm annoyed at the way he handled it just as you are (and clearly the club were mighty hacked off too), but that doesn't make him the devil.

why? i could not care less when they leave really, when it comes to it

and he is hardly doing well at liverpool

Just seen on twitter that adrian durham reckons, if you are rational and understand football, you will conclude that rooney should NOT have been sent off?

and this man is supposed to be a serious sports reporter/pundit/broadcaster???

What an idiot. Rooney's kick was a classic example of a straight red card and could be used in a referees' teaching video. 'Kick or attempt to kick an opponent' describes it perfectly, it doesn't have to be dangerous or vicious, stupid and petulant is enough in itself.

That bit is true, and it looks like he is planning to spend the rest of his childhood at Liverpool.

What does being a "psychopath" have to do with anything. Eric is spot on with his assessment, it was clear as day at the end of season awards.

why? i could not care less when they leave really, when it comes to it

and he is hardly doing well at liverpool

This, never been able to get excited regarding any of our defectors (Wallcot, Ox, Lallana et al ) doing well for some so called big four club or their country. Mind you Gareth Bale seems slightly different scenario, with him on course to become one of the best players in the World. It helps that Bale doesn't now play for some so called Top team in the EPL.

I think it's because Chadli specifically ran over to the Arsenal fans to do it which, according to Law 12 (page 120 of the Laws of the game), is a goal celebration considered to be "provocative, derisory or inflammatory". So yeah, you can make the "shhh" and "I can't hear you" gestures all you like, but you can't run over to the opposition fans and do it at them.

Burnley had a very average championship team who performed way above expectations last year. They've supplemented their squad with more average championship players.

It's only going to end one way.

I think even Burnley fans can see that sadly. Not enough quality.

Burnley had a very average championship team who performed way above expectations last year. They've supplemented their squad with more average championship players.

It's only going to end one way.

Probably. But that's what we thought about Palace last year, before Pulis performed his miracle.