• Davis, S
    • Cork
    • Long
    • Tadic
    • Pelle
    • Mane
    • Wanyama
    • Mayuka

Not watching, are we that bad? Phil Thompson seems to think we're alright.

No, we're not. Sunderland moved the ball around fairly well in our half, but didn't create that much. They then defended shockingly and we're 2-0 up and comfortable now, and looking the better side.

..all over them now but up to 2-0 up we looked very nervous ESP at the back and Sunderland were very dominant. Next goal crucial as they still look very strong....quite impressed. Clyne and Long looking good. (Fletcher just gone clean through ...could have been interesting some refs would have given a pen and a red to the keeper but looked a good decision)

the replay showed the contact unfortunately!

Yep, saw that. but I thought Fletcher was looking to deliberately leave his foot trailing onto the 'keeper, as many do these days, unfortunately. For that reason not a penalty IMO, although based on how the game is these days, we got very lucky.

Sunderland fans will be feeling pretty aggrieved, especially as we then went on to score within a minute or two.

Yep, saw that. but I thought Fletcher was looking to deliberately leave his foot trailing onto the 'keeper, as many do these days, unfortunately. For that reason not a penalty IMO, although based on how the game is these days, we got very lucky.

Sunderland fans will be feeling pretty aggrieved, especially as we then went on to score within a minute or two.

agreed he def made the most of it, as our player would have done tbf

My gut feel is that it should've been a penalty, but I wonder if there is something in the fact that Fletcher got his shot away and it was going wide, so he wasn't denied the opportunity... so the only question remains if the ref thought it was a foul, and if he felt he jumped over him, then that can only be the reason why he didn't give it?