Ched Evans

Batman

The right decision, but it's not really well done SUFC. They should have made this decision weeks ago, and even now they are complaining that they

were forced into it.

I agree with that. I think I wrote that before I saw the snivelling stroppy teenager stuff their MD came out with.

I agree with that. I think I wrote that before I saw the snivelling stroppy teenager stuff their MD came out with.

Its pretty obvious they've copped a strop as effectively they have lost out on a player that would improve the team, and unfortunately, in the world of football thats generally all that matters.

But regardless of anything said, and regardless if 'Unbelievable DPS Jeff' who, apparantly is into a bit of similar activities as Ched himself (nice bloke all round) believes, Ched is a convicted Rapist, convicted by a jury of his peers and sentanced by an appointed judge.

Regardless of anyones thoughts, he is a ****ing rapist, end of discussion.

Lets not make this into a story about the regabilitation of offenders etc either. Because as much as he is entitled to rebuild his life, he has made his mistake and must live with it. He would now struggle to find work in most proffessional organisations, so why is it acceptable to work in the public eye, within which, looking at social media in particular he is a role model (god help us)

Edited by Smirking_Saint

Its pretty obvious they've copped a strop as effectively they have lost out on a player that would improve the team, and unfortunately, in the world of football thats generally all that matters.

But regardless of anything said, and regardless if 'Unbelievable DPS Jeff' who, apparantly is into a bit of similar activities as Ched himself (nice bloke all round) believes, Ched is a convicted Rapist, convicted by a jury of his peers and sentanced by an appointed judge.

Regardless of anyones thoughts, he is a ****ing rapist, end of discussion.

Lets not make this into a story about the regabilitation of offenders etc either. Because as much as he is entitled to rebuild his life, he has made his mistake and must live with it. He would now struggle to find work in most proffessional organisations, so why is it acceptable to work in the public eye, within which, looking at social media in particular he is a role model (god help us)

Excuse me, are you calling me a rapist? That's a bit out of order don't you think?

Excuse me, are you calling me a rapist? That's a bit out of order don't you think?

Not really, not called you a rapist at all, but in your own words;

"It's one of those dodgy situations that I guarantee a lot of us know from University. As my mate said to me a month or so ago, it could have happened to any of us...The key is when is a girl too drunk, and when is consent not consent due to inhibiting factors."

Not really, not called you a rapist at all, but in your own words;

"It's one of those dodgy situations that I guarantee a lot of us know from University. As my mate said to me a month or so ago, it could have happened to any of us...The key is when is a girl too drunk, and when is consent not consent due to inhibiting factors."

So you're saying you've never had sex with a girl who has had the equivalent of 3 pints of Fosters?

So you're saying you've never had sex with a girl who has had the equivalent of 3 pints of Fosters?

How you can apologise for that disgusting, Nonce, rapist scum astounds me.

A truly revolting crime committed by a complete sadistic **** (and I know this for a fact). Our society is genuinely getting ****ed up when people ignore the findings of a jury and judge and instead pick apart dodgy evidence presenting one side of the argument to get a disgusting rapist a job that puts him in contact with kids and women.

I genuinely hope you don't have a daughter mush.

He was convicted as the girl in question was ruled, at the time to not be in a position to make a concious or informed decision about consenting to sex. Thats regardless of how much she had consumed. In which case, no, I can honestly hold my hand up and say I have not, if you have then it just about sums you up.

Out of courtesy can you decide whether you want to continue debating this on the live thread or over PM ? Its bad enough 'debating' with you once, I dont particularly want to do it twice.

How you can apologise for that disgusting, Nonce, rapist scum astounds me.

A truly revolting crime committed by a complete sadistic **** (and I know this for a fact). Our society is genuinely getting ****ed up when people ignore the findings of a jury and judge and instead pick apart dodgy evidence presenting one side of the argument to get a disgusting rapist a job that puts him in contact with kids and women.

I genuinely hope you don't have a daughter mush.

A) I have a daughter.

B) I think you are massively misunderstanding the point here. I am not saying he is innocent, not by any means. I was just saying that there have been many situations where people have had sex with someone that is drunk - it is all about when that drunkenness is too much for consent to be given. For instance, she was not too drunk to consent to his mate, hence why he was found not guilty, but she was too drunk to consent to Evans.

He was convicted as the girl in question was ruled, at the time to not be in a position to make a concious or informed decision about consenting to sex. Thats regardless of how much she had consumed. In which case, no, I can honestly hold my hand up and say I have not, if you have then it just about sums you up.

The point was she had consented to his mate, and he was found NOT GUILTY, so she was not too drunk to consent to him.

And of course I have not had sex with anyone who was too drunk to consent, which is probably why I am not in prison serving time for rape.

The point was she had consented to his mate, and he was found NOT GUILTY, so she was not too drunk to consent to him.

And of course I have not had sex with anyone who was too drunk to consent, which is probably why I am not in prison serving time for rape.

So because she could consent to his mate it was obviously fine for Ched to cone along and get involved ?

Top logic that

I had sex-acts with bird when I was too drunk to consent. Does it work both ways? I'm thinking of using rape defence when gf finds out bout it.

So because she could consent to his mate it was obviously fine for Ched to cone along and get involved ?

Top logic that

You have to feel some sympathy for this bro though, don't you, smirking? I mean, what chance did he ever have in life? How was he supposed to become an upstanding member of society? Being christened, "Ched" :(

You have to feel some sympathy for this bro though, don't you, smirking? I mean, what chance did he ever have in life? How was he supposed to become an upstanding member of society? Being christened, "Ched" :(

Im led to believe this was a massive part in the defences case.

I mean come on, Ched and Clayton.... Straight out of the southern states.

A) I have a daughter.

B) I think you are massively misunderstanding the point here. I am not saying he is innocent, not by any means. I was just saying that there have been many situations where people have had sex with someone that is drunk - it is all about when that drunkenness is too much for consent to be given. For instance, she was not too drunk to consent to his mate, hence why he was found not guilty, but she was too drunk to consent to Evans.

Do you think the jury just ignored that and convicted him for a laugh or something? Genuinely interested as it seems you think the only evidence presented is the Pravda stuff on the rapists own site. As a father of a girl yourself, how do you think the victim's family feel about people like yourself ignoring the judge and jury's decisions after being presented with ALL of the evidence and implying their daughter is a liar?

I have a good mate that knows rapist Evans very well. No chance I'd let him anywhere near any female member of my family if he has been or is drinking.

Beardy is right. Nonces on the register shouldn't be allowed into football.

Top logic that

No, not at all. However, she said she couldn't remember anything from that night, so where was the evidence that she didn't consent to it.

My point is that consent wasn't not given cos she was too drunk.

He has been found guilty by his peers of rape, which makes him a rapist. All I said was that the evidence seems to be missing something, and that due to those reasons that is why a lawyer thinks there is grounds to appeal.

Maybe your 'lay' man thinks differently to those who have done degrees in criminal law (or a minor in my case), but from reading the summation without looking at the full case law my opinion is he had grounds for appeal. That also does not mean he is innocent, more that the prosecution has not done enough to prove absolute guilt.

Do you think the jury just ignored that and convicted him for a laugh or something? Genuinely interested as it seems you think the only evidence presented is the Pravda stuff on the rapists own site. As a father of a girl yourself, how do you think the victim's family feel about people like yourself ignoring the judge and jury's decisions after being presented with ALL of the evidence and implying their daughter is a liar?

I have a good mate that knows rapist Evans very well. No chance I'd let him anywhere near any female member of my family if he has been or is drinking.

Beardy is right. Nonces on the register shouldn't be allowed into football.

Woah, I never said he was innocent, I said there were grounds for appeal, which there are. As said, I haven't read the full case law for it, just the summation on the site I quoted, but to me it seems there is some evidence missing to prove, beyond reasonable doubt, that she did not consent to having sex with him. That's all.

And I also don't think he should be let back into football.

The right decision, but it's not really well done SUFC. They should have made this decision weeks ago, and even now they are complaining that they

were forced into it.

I am ignoring all the mud slinging / abusive other recent posts, but my take on this is that SUFC are very unhappy about not being able to let him even train (presumably in private, closed sessions) because of all the "if you give him a contract, well...." type threats. I dont think they were ever going to give him a contract until, and only if, his appeal is successful. A big IF of course. Not letting him train in private, unpaid, is clearly what many people were effectively baying for but I dont see why personally

Remove Ched’s faithful girlfriend Natasha from the pose and this ‘personal and profound’ statement to camera looks suspiciously like a job interview.

Ched plays it straight to camera, sitting static and passport-photo straight with an unswerving and virtually unblinking eye gaze as he rattles off what sounds like a script.

His voice is a light monotone and apart from some breathlessness to suggest pressure, there are no obvious symptoms of stress or emotion as he speaks.

If he’s been strung out emotionally he chooses not to show it here.

Tony Spencer Rapist Fooballer Ched Evans In Wilmslow With Girlfriend Natasha Massey

Out and about: Ched Evans and girlfriend Natasha Massey in Wilmslow

Even phrases like ‘I have hurt the woman I love with all my heart' lack any sign of visual or tonal endorsement, and overall the delivery is a bit of a recitation.

Ched goes for it cold, using emotional terms and words but unemotional body language.

The only gestural change comes when he uses the phrase ‘consensual in nature not rape’ and this is in the form of a micro-gesture as one eyebrow flicks up and then down again in emphasis.

He says he made an ‘incredibly foolish decision’ and that low-key definition of what happened pretty much fits his unemotional delivery.

It’s the last part of the speech that he finally slows on, as a sliver of emotion enters his tone, and that’s the bit where he makes his bid to play football again, making this look emphatically like a plea to get back on the pitch.

The way Ched and his girlfriend sit as a couple is fascinating and is important for their relationship.

Donald Hale Ched Evans

Happier times: Natasha Massey and Ched Evans

While he slumps staring blankly straight to camera she is partly turned with one hand on his arm.

This one touch gives her the look of a protective mum who is supporting her boy as he makes an apology to the headmaster.

Her actively protective touch puts her in charge in this pose as well as re-booting some lost power in the relationship.

It is also quite 'leading' in terms of hinting how we should now be judging Ched.

The subliminal message is that if she has forgiven him then so should we. His slumped, more passive posture and robotic delivery adds to this effect.

However, her inability to make any eye contact, either with Ched or the camera, suggests she might still be struggling with mixed emotions, or even in some form of denial.

Natasha looks down for most of Ched’s recitation although you can almost feel her holding her breath when he talks about ‘cheating on my partner Natasha’.

We show our thoughts via our eyes more than any other part of the body and by using a cut-off, ie keeping her eyes hidden, Natasha shows an apparent desire to hide her true feelings.

She nearly looks at Ched when he uses the word ‘infidelity’ and the phrase ‘I hurt the woman I love with all my heart’ suggests an ego-stroke and apology for her benefit alone.

I find the usually argument of 'in other professions he'd be able to resume his career' really odd.

Firstly, he wouldn't easily resume any half decent career easily. Entirely depends what his career is, how much he deals with people, the public and how much consideration his organisation puts into PR and their image.

Secondly, why is anyone suggesting football is like any other business? They earn millions of pounds at 18 for kicking a ball. This isn't a normal business, there is no comparison with our jobs or any other. People don't wear our names on their shirts or sing our name however well we do at our job. If you are lucky enough to be in that world, it's understandable it's easy to **** it up. Clubs are about cities, communities, history, respect, future generations. There are plenty i'd never want at my club just for being complete dicks and showing no respect to anyone, like Ballotelli, so it's not just a legal matter. Clubs just need to be sure what they're trying to be, and too many are getting clouded by the lure of money. Maybe they'll see short term games but ultimately, like pompey, they'll kill the actual soul of the club.

So Evans shouldn't be banned, Marlon King shouldn't be banned. But it would be nice to see professional clubs not going anywhere near them. I would like to see bans in place for certain offences though, like drink driving convictions being handed a 5 match ban or something. The only difference between drink driving and being fine, and drink driving and killing people is luck. A pretty good one to stamp out.

So through the "luck" of not killing anyone by drink driving someone would only get a 5 match ban?

• 1 month later...
He's been offered a contract by Hibernians, the club at the top of the Maltese league.

Seems to have done okay out of this, hasn't he? Rape a person, do half your sentence, move to Malta and get Champion's League football.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30662865

Meanwhile his victim has been hounded out of home 5 times by scum believing the Pravda site his father in law has set up rather than a judge and jury of peers listening to evidence.

Disgusting dirty nonce scum. He'll offend again, most nonces can't help it, people will defend him again too in the hope the nonce will score 20 goals for a team representing their town or city with nippers looking up to him wanting to be just like the nonce.

This country is going to the dogs, full of morons.

He's been offered a contract by Hibernians, the club at the top of the Maltese league.

Seems to have done okay out of this, hasn't he? Rape a person, do half your sentence, move to Malta and get Champion's League football.

Doubt he will take it. He has an appeal coming up that he has a good chance of winning and then wont be a convicted rapist anymore...... he can choose his club outside of the prem.

Meanwhile his victim has been hounded out of home 5 times by scum believing the Pravda site his father in law has set up rather than a judge and jury of peers listening to evidence.

Disgusting dirty nonce scum. He'll offend again, most nonces can't help it, people will defend him again too in the hope the nonce will score 20 goals for a team representing their town or city with nippers looking up to him wanting to be just like the nonce.

This country is going to the dogs, full of morons.

A 'Nonce' is a paedophile is it not? Now that's pretty libellous.

Found it interesting that this isn't the first time that the girl has accused someone of raping her...

Doubt he will take it. He has an appeal coming up that he has a good chance of winning and then wont be a convicted rapist anymore...... he can choose his club outside of the prem.

Chedettes: never let anyone take your dreams away from you. #prayforChed

I think he should and will go abroad. Whatever happens now, whether having the conviction quashed or not he will now always be a rapist. He got himself into the situation, so that's his problem now.

A 'Nonce' is a paedophile is it not? Now that's pretty libellous.

Found it interesting that this isn't the first time that the girl has accused someone of raping her...

Not sure what that has to do with this case. As I recall she didn't accuse anyone of rape. And this doesn't exclude her of having been raped before.

Not sure if he has done well out of this as a person. He will always be known as a rapist and football fans are not quick to forget or forgive (even if he eventually clears his name).

What are you saying that the jury is wrong ? Thats a strong accusation

No, just saying it's interesting. You do also realise that a jury is prepped by the judge, who in this case directed in a way that has never been done, against both binding and persuasive precedent. If anything, the jury would have convicted correctly based on potentially inaccurate law by the judge. But this is what the final appeal will conclude.

Until that happens he is a convicted Rapist, and even if found innocent he will find it very hard to get work as a footballer again in this country.

Edited by Unbelievable Jeff

I think it's strange you'd put yourself in a position like that again IF that had happened previously. Do you not agree?

What do you do? Lock yourself away? She says she thinks her drink was spiked. Hard to prove either way. I don't know what happened previously but on this occasion she says she has no recollection of what happened and did not accuse anyone of raping her. What about Evans? He walks in, nails someone he has never met before when she was very clearly intoxicated then walks out again. Don't you think he left himself in a vulnerable position??? You seem to be firmly in the camp of if you go out and get hammered you deserve whatever happens to you?

I think he should and will go abroad. Whatever happens now, whether having the conviction quashed or not he will now always be a rapist. He got himself into the situation, so that's his problem now.

If his conviction is quashed he will not be a rapist. He'll get stick at away grounds , but he will not be a rapist. He will be a victim of a miscarriage of justice.

No, just saying it's interesting. You do also realise that a jury is prepped by the judge, who in this case directed in a way that has never been done, against both binding and persuasive precedent. If anything, the jury would have convicted correctly based on potentially inaccurate law by the judge. But this is what the final appeal will conclude.

Until that happens he is a convicted Rapist, and even if found innocent he will find it very hard to get work as a footballer again in this country.

When you say 'you do realise', you mean, surely, that it's Evans' case in his appeal to the Criminal Cases Review Commission that the judge misdirected. In other words, it's an as yet untested allegation before the panel, not a 'realisation' (although allegations of misdirection have previously been rejected in appeals hearings). And it is an allegation made only by Evans and his keenest supporters and paid-for legal team. Let's see what the outcome of the CCRC review actually is. Unless I'm mistaken, furthermore, the CCRC can't declare Evans innocent - only the courts can do that. The most the CCRC can do is refer it back.

As for actual appeals heard in Court, Evans has had two of those already, in 2012 - both rejected.

What do you do? Lock yourself away? She says she thinks her drink was spiked. Hard to prove either way. I don't know what happened previously but on this occasion she says she has no recollection of what happened and did not accuse anyone of raping her. What about Evans? He walks in, nails someone he has never met before when she was very clearly intoxicated then walks out again. Don't you think he left himself in a vulnerable position??? You seem to be firmly in the camp of if you go out and get hammered you deserve whatever happens to you?

If her drink was spiked why was the other bloke not found guilty then? This is what does not make sense.

And no, I'm not in that camp, I am purely playing devils advocate here.

When you say 'you do realise', you mean, surely, that it's Evans' case in his appeal to the Criminal Cases Review Commission that the judge misdirected. In other words, it's an as yet untested allegation before the panel, not a 'realisation' (although allegations of misdirection have previously been rejected in appeals hearings). And it is an allegation made only by Evans and his keenest supporters and paid-for legal team. Let's see what the outcome of the CCRC review actually is. Unless I'm mistaken, furthermore, the CCRC can't declare Evans innocent - only the courts can do that. The most the CCRC can do is refer it back.

As for actual appeals heard in Court, Evans has had two of those already, in 2012 - both rejected.

Yes, that's correct. I am purely playing devils advocate here - in fact I think they are both guilty, but if they convict on one they have to on the other. That's the issue I have with this.

I 100% agree that we have to wait until the outcome.

If her drink was spiked why was the other bloke not found guilty then? This is what does not make sense.

And no, I'm not in that camp, I am purely playing devils advocate here.

I don't know and think he has been very lucky. I can only assume that the jury felt because she had spent more time with him and went to the hotel with him that amounted to consent?

Chedettes: never let anyone take your dreams away from you. #prayforChed

I think you misinterpreted my post. I am certainly not sticking up for him and have nothing but contempt for anyone that carries out anything like this. Disgusting men who deserve all they get on the inside and the out.

However, and this is only it was explained to me, so happy to be corrected if this is wrong; Appeals are normally only granted when there is a strong likelihood of success, that the appeal will be upheld. Given the unique circumstances of this case, it might be something along the lines of a legal technicality or something like that, but from my understanding (Second hand so could well be wrong) his appeal does have a chance of success...... and if that happens, there will be plenty of clubs waiting to take a punt. I agree with unbelievable Jeff, that he would be better then to go and play abroad, but we will see. at the moment it is pure conjecture and he is a convicted rapist.

I think you misinterpreted my post. I am certainly not sticking up for him and have nothing but contempt for anyone that carries out anything like this. Disgusting men who deserve all they get on the inside and the out.

However, and this is only it was explained to me, so happy to be corrected if this is wrong; Appeals are normally only granted when there is a strong likelihood of success, that the appeal will be upheld. Given the unique circumstances of this case, it might be something along the lines of a legal technicality or something like that, but from my understanding (Second hand so could well be wrong) his appeal does have a chance of success...... and if that happens, there will be plenty of clubs waiting to take a punt. I agree with unbelievable Jeff, that he would be better then to go and play abroad, but we will see. at the moment it is pure conjecture and he is a convicted rapist.

Fair enough.

I'm not the expert but what is happening now isn't actually an appeal, and wouldn't result in the conviction being overturned, I think it just means the case is heard again back in court.

I don't know and think he has been very lucky. I can only assume that the jury felt because she had spent more time with him and went to the hotel with him that amounted to consent?

But how do they know, 2 hours later, when conceivable she had sobered up more, that she did not consent to sex with him. There must be additional evidence that you or I haven't read.

Fair enough.

I'm not the expert but what is happening now isn't actually an appeal, and wouldn't result in the conviction being overturned, I think it just means the case is heard again back in court.

See - I told you I could be wrong :) :) - I thought this was a full blown appeal , which obviously it is not.