Easy run

Stud mark of doom

After the next two games, it looks pretty much plain sailing until the end of the season (bar a couple of tricky away fixtures).

Are the next two league games must win fixtures for arsenal and Utd?

I assume you are joking. None of the next six league fixtures look easy.

BPL 1 Jan 2015

v Arsenal (H)

BPL 11 Jan 2015

v Man Utd (A)

BPL 17 Jan 2015

v Newcastle (A)

BPL 1 Feb 2015

v Swansea (H)

BPL 7 Feb 2015

v QPR (A)

BPL 11 Feb 2015

v West Ham (H)

BPL 1 Jan 2015

v Arsenal (H)

BPL 11 Jan 2015

v Man Utd (A)

BPL 17 Jan 2015

v Newcastle (A)

BPL 1 Feb 2015

v Swansea (H)

BPL 7 Feb 2015

v QPR (A)

BPL 11 Feb 2015

v West Ham (H)

All very difficult. Not easy at all!

All very difficult. Not easy at all!

Not easy, but the last four are all winnable, given that we look a better team than Newcastle, Swansea, QPR and West Ham. I think we will win the home ones, but I never expect much away from home, all Premier League teams are tough to beat away, even those struggling at the bottom like QPR.

Would take 9-10 points from those six games to be honest, although suspect that would see us dropping out of the top six.

There are no easy games at the first whistle and it is only at the end of the game when you know you have had an "easy" game. I thought Everton would be tough but turned out to be relatively easy. I thought we would turn over Burnley and look what happened. I was more worried about Chelsea at home than City and that turned out to be very different. We can only take each game as it comes. What is good for me is that Koeman seems flexible in his approach and he and his management team have done brilliantly in turning the blip around .

There are no easy games at the first whistle and it is only at the end of the game when you know you have had an "easy" game. I thought Everton would be tough but turned out to be relatively easy. I thought we would turn over Burnley and look what happened. I was more worried about Chelsea at home than City and that turned out to be very different. We can only take each game as it comes. What is good for me is that Koeman seems flexible in his approach and he and his management team have done brilliantly in turning the blip around .

Good call.....the Everton and Burnley games are a case in point, both proving to be the opposite of what was expected. I do feel we can beat anyone in this league, though Chelsea and City are perhaps a step up too far, making yesterdays point even more impressive....

Due to African Nations Cup, Newcastle will be missing some really key players on Jan 17th, no?

And might Bony still be missing for Swansea on Feb 1st (or at least jet lagged?)

Cisse and Tiote are the only 2 they'll be missing, I think.

Wouldn't expect Bony to be back for our game though.

Due to African Nations Cup, Newcastle will be missing some really key players on Jan 17th, no?

And might Bony still be missing for Swansea on Feb 1st (or at least jet lagged?)

You wont get jet lagged flying to and from Africa. Even places like Somalia and Djibouti are only about 3 hours ahead.

After the next two games, it looks pretty much plain sailing until the end of the season (bar a couple of tricky away fixtures).

Are the next two league games must win fixtures for arsenal and Utd?

Starting with the Arsenal game we picked up 21 points from those corresponding 19 fixtures last year, including draws with Arsenal and Man U. I think we can improve on that overall.

Edited by positivepete
Typo

Very very few easy games in this league

NO easy games in this league unless you give 100% in effort and concentration, applies both on and off pitch

we still have a hard core of around 20K who are as good as any other clubs BUT problem is the extra 6K game by game people who may expect easy games

BPL 1 Jan 2015

v Arsenal (H)

BPL 11 Jan 2015

v Man Utd (A)

BPL 17 Jan 2015

v Newcastle (A)

BPL 1 Feb 2015

v Swansea (H)

BPL 7 Feb 2015

v QPR (A)

BPL 11 Feb 2015

v West Ham (H)

First two look tough, after that, you'd expect a top 4 side to be beating everyone at home and anyone in the bottom half away.

Our remaining fixtures break down quite nicely - the top 3 away, in which I'd be glad of a point. The rest of the top half we're playing at home, we need to win those but will expect the odd draw now and then. Against the bottom half teams, we should be trying to win them all.