Poch takes credit for Koemans work this season

Saint Garrett

Walking around in a new (off the shelf) suit, playing intern and setting chairs up, of course.

Resentful that he goes to Saints whilst you're stuck commuting to a dull job in an off the peg suit of your own huh

Edited by buctootim

Jesus, come on Tim, you can do better than that!

And to answer, no, I just think he's an irritating c*ck.

Sorry bit lazy I know. I haven't noticed him being annoying so wasn't sure why he was getting stick. Hes obviously young though - we were all irritating cocks some of the time then.

And we all agree that Adkins did far better with that squad than Pardew ever threatened to.

Interesting though that Pardew has been a PL manager ever since leaving us (including a 5th place finish) and Nigel is errr........... unemployed. Think Nigel is a legend but the idea he is a better manager than Pardew doesn't really hold much water when you compare their careers.

I heartily hope that Spurs go on a dreadful run and that the tiresome Argentinean gets the full ire of their spoilt, loathsome fans, and then the boot from he-who-has-no-patience. Idiotic club run by tedious fockwits for pathetic, deluded fan base. Apart from that they're fine.

The signing of Mitchell can only be viewed as an expression of Levy's intent to run things more sensibly in the future. The question is whether he has the patience and integrity to follow through.

This is exactly what you would expect from a jealous man who has been publicly humiliated by the fact that his successor at Southampton has produced much better results than he did with arguably at first an on paper far weaker team whose morale had been shattered by all the mass defections. He ain't fooling anybody of any consequence, just look at thos win statistics.

Don't ccry for us pocket tiny, truth is we never missed you

This is exactly what you would expect from a jealous man who has been publicly humiliated by the fact that his successor at Southampton has produced much better results than he did with arguably at first an on paper far weaker team whose morale had been shattered by all the mass defections. He ain't fooling anybody of any consequence, just look at thos win statistics.

Don't ccry for us pocket tiny, truth is we never missed you

LOL

The best evidence I can offer up for Poch being a poor manager is that Spurs can play anyone off the park when they are at it - they came out all guns against us and deserved to win, and they dismantled Chelsea. So why don't they put it in every week? There is something wrong with the culture at that club. Slack, sloppy and lazy too often to succeed. They may well blow Arsenal away later at WHL but could then go on to not win any of their next 3. It's the Spurs way.

they came out all guns against us and deserved to win, and they dismantled Chelsea. So why don't they put it in every week? There is something wrong with the culture at that club. Slack, sloppy and lazy too often to succeed.

They've turned the corner in that respect, apparently....

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2015/02/06/8651362/how-pochettinos-tottenham-revolution-is-ramping-up

The best evidence I can offer up for Poch being a poor manager is that Spurs can play anyone off the park when they are at it - they came out all guns against us and deserved to win, and they dismantled Chelsea. So why don't they put it in every week? There is something wrong with the culture at that club. Slack, sloppy and lazy too often to succeed. They may well blow Arsenal away later at WHL but could then go on to not win any of their next 3. It's the Spurs way.

He's a good coach but we have better in Koeman. We were worth a point at WHL.

Massive month for Spurs. Arsenal, West Ham and Liverpool in the league. Europa QF and FA Cup, then League Cup final in March. I think their league form is about to drop off. Would like them to get a draw today though.

They'll be fine in the games that Kane and Eriksen play. But if either of them get a serious injury, Spurs' form will take a nosedive.

I got curious... so I looked it up

Southampton scored 55 goals last season (2013-14) under Poch. Of those goals last season (2013-14), how many were by players that have played at least one match this season (2014-15)?

8 goals.

a whopping 84% of our goals scored last year are by players now on other teams or are injured and have not played this year.

That's incredible.

They'll be fine in the games that Kane and Eriksen play. But if either of them get a serious injury, Spurs' form will take a nosedive.

It would be quite handy if Hugo Lloris would pick up a knock as well, he's kept them in the games that Kane and Eriksen have subsequently gone on to win. Their defence ALWAYS looks likely to concede goals, but continually gets bailed out by a genuinely world-class keeper.

Chorus

Don't lie to us Pochettino

The truth is you never loved us

All through your time here,

your loyal insistence

you broke your promise

now keep your distance

Seeking fortune with another club,

then Spurs invited you in

Though it seemed at the time they were all you desired,

you were deluded

They're not the glory team that they promised to be

The answer was Saints all the time

We love Koeman and don't miss you at all

Chorus

Chorus

Don't lie to us Pochettino

The truth is you never loved us

All through your time here,

your loyal insistence

you broke your promise

now keep your distance

Seeking fortune with another club,

then Spurs invited you in

Though it seemed at the time they were all you desired,

you were deluded

They're not the glory team that they promised to be

The answer was Saints all the time

We love Koeman and don't miss you at all

Chorus

LIKE:toppa:

It would be quite handy if Hugo Lloris would pick up a knock as well, he's kept them in the games that Kane and Eriksen have subsequently gone on to win. Their defence ALWAYS looks likely to concede goals, but continually gets bailed out by a genuinely world-class keeper.

Nice jinxing. His poor effort at saving Markovic's weak shot for the first goal was anything but world class.

• 2 weeks later...
I see Sherwood did similar with Pochettino today.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31560185

Sherwood has more of a point. He had worked with the younger players at Tottenham before he became manager and the team is not doing noticeably better this year than it was last year. MP, on the other hand, had nothing to do with youth development and we have improved since he left and a lot of the improvement is due to players he never coached here.