The Streaming Thread

johnnyboy

I've been using usagoals.com for a couple of years. Its sometimes good, mostly a bit stuttering but I can always fins a stream of some sorts.

I do always feel like a hundred virus's are downloaded onto my PC when I watch it though and the popup removal process is frustrating.

Is Sportsmania much cleaner? Is it click and play or do I need to setup proxies or need special equipment?

Cheers will follow up.

if you have no used it before, it is great.

for a match you will get a link to about 4 or 5 streams. For me, CTH Stadium always work flawlessly. All have English commentary. Usually the feed that Sky use for goals on sunday

UltimateMania is good if you want to ditch sky/virgin completely

But Sportsmania covers all sports that you need. excellent site.

for a match you will get a link to about 4 or 5 streams. For me, CTH Stadium always work flawlessly. All have English commentary. Usually the feed that Sky use for goals on sunday

This ^ - am I right in thinking that SM has closed to new subs but there's a new (exactly the same) site?

How much is the lifetime membership? Last season I signed up for 6 months and it was very good, watching on the iPad or on the smart TV.

dont think they do it anymore.

when they did, it was for a brief period. IE, a few days.

they may do again...

Does Sportsmania work from iPad? I need to investigate.

It does, but you need to run a browser such as Photon which allows flash. Unless anyone knows different.

Or you can download Kodi if you have a jailbroken iPad.

Anyone have any tips about the best sports add ons for Kodi? I've used Modbro before which is great for any sports apart from football!!

Sportsmania is the only one you need. Like Batman I signed up for a lifetime pass a couple of years ago but I think you can still get yearly subs for about £50.

Sportsmania is the only one you need. Like Batman I signed up for a lifetime pass a couple of years ago but I think you can still get yearly subs for about £50.

If you don't want to pay for sports mania, Phoenix is pretty reliable.

It does, but you need to run a browser such as Photon which allows flash. Unless anyone knows different.

Or you can download Kodi if you have a jailbroken iPad.

Cheers - they have an iOS app now. Makes it very easy.

I originally had Sportsnation which changed to Sportsmania. Sportsnation was then re-launched and both streams ran in parallel. At the end of the last years subscription only one was available. I renewed Sportsnation which is identical to Sportsmania in all respects as to content. Literally loads of stations and sports covered for £50 per year. Using Kodi (Tutorial on SM/SD) gives a high quality product.

What does ultimatemania give then -movies etc? Are subscriptions linked in anyway?

Sportsmania looks perfect though.

Please explain, I'm lost in the 'world' of streaming! No idea at all. What is an IPTV box?

Internet Protocol television (IPTV) is a system through which television services are delivered using the Internet protocol suite over a packet-switched network such as a LAN or the Internet, instead of being delivered through traditional terrestrial, satellite signal, and cable television formats. Unlike downloaded media, IPTV offers the ability to stream the media in smaller batches, directly from the source. As a result, a client media player can begin playing the data (such as a movie) before the entire file has been transmitted. This is known as streaming media.

I bought one of these boxes http://www.mag254.co.uk/mag-254-iptv-set-top-box/

And this is the package I have bought http://www.cs-vipshare.com/showthread.php?8966-StreamKing-IPTV-Enigma2-XBMC-APK-Android-Magbox-VoD-Exclusive

I binned my Sky off about a year ago and got a cardshare box ( not legit in the slightest but it was a full sky package inc BT/Box office/PPV and a full sky deal for about £30 a year) but sky have encrypted all HD channels now so you can only get SD channels and watching footie in SD on a 55inch TV is hard work.

I have a few mates who have the IPTV and they are ridiculously good for what you pay,as long as you have a decent broadband speed you will have no issues at all, I still have sportsmania as I watch footie at work but I have found since they have become more popular the streams are not as reliable, still a bargain for what you pay though

Internet Protocol television (IPTV) is a system through which television services are delivered using the Internet protocol suite over a packet-switched network such as a LAN or the Internet, instead of being delivered through traditional terrestrial, satellite signal, and cable television formats. Unlike downloaded media, IPTV offers the ability to stream the media in smaller batches, directly from the source. As a result, a client media player can begin playing the data (such as a movie) before the entire file has been transmitted. This is known as streaming media.

I bought one of these boxes http://www.mag254.co.uk/mag-254-iptv-set-top-box/

And this is the package I have bought http://www.cs-vipshare.com/showthread.php?8966-StreamKing-IPTV-Enigma2-XBMC-APK-Android-Magbox-VoD-Exclusive

I binned my Sky off about a year ago and got a cardshare box ( not legit in the slightest but it was a full sky package inc BT/Box office/PPV and a full sky deal for about £30 a year) but sky have encrypted all HD channels now so you can only get SD channels and watching footie in SD on a 55inch TV is hard work.

I have a few mates who have the IPTV and they are ridiculously good for what you pay,as long as you have a decent broadband speed you will have no issues at all, I still have sportsmania as I watch footie at work but I have found since they have become more popular the streams are not as reliable, still a bargain for what you pay though

That package looks expensive when compared to say UltimateMania.

Why did you chose that over UM for example?

Sports mania looks excellent.

Haven't cranked up kodi for a while. Anyone know what best movie streaming add on is these days? I heard Genesis is no more.

I use Exodus for fims and tv. It has everything from old to new-I was watching transformers (The cartoon, not the live action films!) earlier. As for sport I use Sports Devil which has never let me down........

That package looks expensive when compared to say UltimateMania.

Why did you chose that over UM for example?

Because SM was awful for me last season, KODI always crashed and the HD streams were hit and miss, a few mates have this and it's runs like a dream

£75 for 6 months is still cheaper than my £70 a month sky bill that I was paying.

Sportsmania.eu for me still. It has undergone some changes in recent months. For example there is now a mania unlimited which has loads of regular channels included such as Sky Atlantic etc etc.

I've always stuck to sportsmania.eu.

I was a bit miffed when they took their support 100% Facebook recently but I bit the bullet and made an account (I don't do Facebook) and have to say, the support is better than anything you'll ever pay for legitimately (Sky, virgin etc).

I recently asked them to sort out the WWE Network channel as it was out of sync audio wise and they restarted the stream and boom audio fixed. This was at 11:30pm on a Sunday night just before a PPV event. Awesome.

The one caveat I will say is that during the season I do sometimes have issues but bugger me, it's illegal (don't forget) and it's only £26 for six months so can't really complain.

My only concern is that my subscriptions are in some way funding terrorism or drug trafficking, but I try not to think about that too much :-)