The Streaming Thread

johnnyboy

I don't know whether it's been posted here but SportsnationHD.tv has been resurrected for those that only want specified events. The Sportsmania.eu current subscription covers both until it expires then a choice has to be made. For me it's a no brainer I much prefer the multi choice and continuous channels on Sportsmania. Those with a lifetime subscription always get both.

Jason why pull the power lead when there is function on the power button in kodi main screen to soft reboot the machine.

Never a good idea to pull the power cord on a raspberry pi as there's a fair possibility that you will corrupt your micro SD card which then has to be reformatted and reloaded. Always shut it down using the appropriate menu.

Its a good idea to make a backup copy of your SD card on your PC and you can use this to repair your SD card if the above should happen.

I don't know whether it's been posted here but SportsnationHD.tv has been resurrected for those that only want specified events. The Sportsmania.eu current subscription covers both until it expires then a choice has to be made. For me it's a no brainer I much prefer the multi choice and continuous channels on Sportsmania. Those with a lifetime subscription always get both.

Hence why I took the lifetime punt as with everything in life it is a gamble. Mine is that Sportsmania last at least 3 years. Anything after that is a Brucie bonus.

Far simpler to just plug a USB flash drive into the Pi and use one of the available backup addons to do a full backup onto the USB stick. Then swap the micro SD and do a full restore. That way you always have 2 available SD cards. I do that once a week.

Thanks for the advice re: pulling the power plug guys. I do sometimes reboot using the kodi menu but I've just gotten into the habit now and it seems to be working. I like the idea of attaching it to a usb port on my television. I will investigate this option.

I tweeted willow last night and got this reply

@johnnyboygb Bo there is a issue affecting a fee but it's been worked on as wee speak mate dw will up n running as soon as possible

No idea what it means but later on I got this

SportsMania

SportsMania – ‏@SportsMania005

@johnnyboygb all fixed now

1:17 p.m. - 16 Nov 2015

I tweeted willow last night and got this reply

@johnnyboygb Bo there is a issue affecting a fee but it's been worked on as wee speak mate dw will up n running as soon as possible

No idea what it means but later on I got this

SportsMania

SportsMania – ‏@SportsMania005

@johnnyboygb all fixed now

1:17 p.m. - 16 Nov 2015

Will not get much response from Willow at the moment he has been admitted to hospital. Should be out tomorrow.

@mcjwills will there be any problems using a Chromebook to stream through a web browser thinking if getting one as my old laptop is not fit for purpose anymore ?!

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

As long as it is flash enabled should not be a problem. If you have an account try logging in on one at currys

Hi Richard,

KODI loads up fine as does SM from the SM repository. All the SM channels load up and display normally but when I select a stream nothing happens.

Other add-ons installed on KODI with LM like Phoenix, iStream, Turks and Genesis, all working well, so I don't think its a problem with my KODI or SM downloads.

SM works well when using Windows 10 on another machine. Just no go with Linux Mint, strange.

Hi Richard,

KODI loads up fine as does SM from the SM repository. All the SM channels load up and display normally but when I select a stream nothing happens.

Other add-ons installed on KODI with LM like Phoenix, iStream, Turks and Genesis, all working well, so I don't think its a problem with my KODI or SM downloads.

SM works well when using Windows 10 on another machine. Just no go with Linux Mint, strange.

Could be a good idea to have a look in the logs. There are some instructions here on how to do that if you need them:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file

Hi Richard,

Do you have a sm subscription?

Hi Richard,

Looked in the log viewer and it says.... WARNING:CreateLoader - unsupported protocol(plugin) in plugin ://plugin.video.sportsmania/?

Does that mean anything to you?

Cheers

Hey,

I had a look in the logs on my machine and I can't see that error. It looks like something is wrong with the plugin installation though.

I'd go through the steps in this video:

which uninstalls the old one first and if it doesn't work then post the logs to Willow (remove your login details first).

Good luck.

Just read a blog by willow not sure what it means any body read it ? http://pasted.co/662b425f not sure if it means sportsmania is stopping and sportnationhd is the new way ?? Sorry for any confusion ,!!

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

Hmm

That is a little confusing. I get that they are separate entities now and the fact new subscribers won't be able to subscribe to sportsmania seems to suggest that will be phased out. Not clear to me.

I like the fact he is going to update the repo tho so I don't have to do anything :-). It should auto update after he's done with his server software stuff.

Hey,

I had a look in the logs on my machine and I can't see that error. It looks like something is wrong with the plugin installation though.

I'd go through the steps in this video:

which uninstalls the old one first and if it doesn't work then post the logs to Willow (remove your login details first).

Good luck.

The repo address has changed try http://sportsmania.eu/repo instead and it will work then [emoji3]

Jonnyboy Willow is closing registration to Sportsmania and changing SportsnationHD to a copy of Sportsmania so new members can sign on there. If you have a sub to Sportsmania you can renew. If you are not registered before Thursday you will not be allowed to join and SN will be your only option. SN is changing to 24/7 channels like SM.

Did you read my post I didn't state anything as fact ! I was confused as to its content ! I suppose I'm totally incorrect for not being able to understand what it means !,

[emoji849]

Yes, obviously I did read it....

What Willow says is that as from next week, Thursday or Friday, SM will be closed to new members who will only have access to SN. As a result of the "problems" of Saturday night, he is changing the software of SM to that used by SN, which should improve the system. Both SM and SN will continue to operate.... forever hopefully!

I hopeI hope this helps to clarify the situation for you.

What were the problem that happened Saturday Night? As I tried to watch the boxing, and thought it was just to busy to get on....

I watched all the prelims fine no issues and then just before the ring walk i got booted out and couldn't get back in.

Was well fecked off, found a dodgier stream before it started tho.

• 2 weeks later...