The Streaming Thread

johnnyboy

I had the freeze at end of first half (like everyone else by sounds of it) but other than that it was okay for me on my pi2 running Kodi.

Does anyone know if the 'live chat' feature will be coming back to the website? Or is support officially Facebook only now?

Having said that - people posting in this thread is sufficient to see what is going on as I don't do Facebook.

Just a warning Willow will be away on his wedding and honeymoon for 2 weeks, from Saturday and will have his partner looking after the site so his service may not be a quick to resolve issues while he is away.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Just a warning Willow will be away on his wedding and honeymoon for 2 weeks, from Saturday and will have his partner looking after the site so his service may not be a quick to resolve issues while he is away.

Won't she be at the wedding too?

The streams may work well (and they do generally), but during peak times the site itself is slow as a dog, which never used to be an issue.

Willow needs better hosting, or to pay for more bandwidth.

Trying to get on there to watch the Arsenal Liverpool game but taking an absolute age to load the site

Trying to get on there to watch the Arsenal Liverpool game but taking an absolute age to load the site

Thought it was just me, glad it's not. Been like this every time I've tried getting on their lately, getting a bit miffed as last season worked so well.

Won't she be at the wedding too?

Brilliant. Made me LOL.

Getting farcical now I know it is cheap but at the moment it's getting close to unusable [emoji35] as an early adopter I feel a little bit let down , there is no support now if you're not on Facebook , site is slow to load it's like being on dial up ! Tried watching arsenal game but couldn't even get the stream tab up ! Grrr

I've watched MNF via Sportsmania on Kodi tonight (still running) and haven't had a single issue. I sometimes forget it is actually via Kodi.

Do you still pay for a Sportsmania subscription to watch via Kodi? I've not really been tempted by an Android TV box as my system last season of streaming through my iPad and Apple TV was absolutely faultless, but if it's going to be this much of a ball ache to even get on the website then I'll look at alternatives.

Do you still pay for a Sportsmania subscription to watch via Kodi? I've not really been tempted by an Android TV box as my system last season of streaming through my iPad and Apple TV was absolutely faultless, but if it's going to be this much of a ball ache to even get on the website then I'll look at alternatives.

Yes, you still have to get a login and you input this when you setup the add-on via Kodi. It runs through Android for me on my FireTV stick, there are glitches every now and then, but I'm certainly not experiencing the problems other's are. Maybe it's because I get on there early!

Yes, you still have to get a login and you input this when you setup the add-on via Kodi. It runs through Android for me on my FireTV stick, there are glitches every now and then, but I'm certainly not experiencing the problems other's are. Maybe it's because I get on there early!

No, this is because by using kodi, you bypass the awful Wordpress website and simply access the streams. Probably the best way to do it.

The game tonight was stop start for most of the game - one of the admins on Facebook suggested it might be an issue with chrome and suggested using IE instead. Some said that helped but I never got the chance to try.

Changing browsers is a total BS suggestion. Whenever I have issues this is the advice I get. I was using Chrome on IOS, and was told 'that's the problem, use safari'.

Odd logic considering they are both built on WebKit and use the same rendering engine.

Anyway the issue resolved itself and I was able to watch quite happily in chrome, as I always do.

Yeah had the game on last night and like someone else said.. I forgot it was streaming tbh.

One of two little pauses in the action but other than that it was solid.

Considering they were thinking of dropping the xbmc/kodi addon early last season it is now surely the way to watch it. I haven't streamed a match via the web for a long time.

The game tonight was stop start for most of the game - one of the admins on Facebook suggested it might be an issue with chrome and suggested using IE instead. Some said that helped but I never got the chance to try.

IE is never the solution to any problem.

I'm a right dumbf**k when it comes to this sort of thing so be nice to a simpleton and talk me through how I do this whole sportsnation thing. I'll be watching on a laptop and the lad on an ipad.

View beware to watch on 2 devices at the same time you will require 2 accounts, as the multiple logins was being abused. God knows why at just over a £1.00 a week based on a six month subscription, but it was and so they had to restrict you to one device per login at a time. If you log in the other person will be kicked out.

View beware to watch on 2 devices at the same time you will require 2 accounts, as the multiple logins was being abused. God knows why at just over a £1.00 a week based on a six month subscription, but it was and so they had to restrict you to one device per login at a time. If you log in the other person will be kicked out.

Isn't it if it's a different ip though? Same house and you should be fine I think.

Isn't it if it's a different ip though? Same house and you should be fine I think.

Not so sure...

If they only restricted on IP address only, you could have 10 TV's behind a home router working, or a "VPN outside address" you could then theoretically have hundreds.

I think they will restrict on Username and password, only being allowed one session, and if another session logs in, the first one is kicked off, and an alert goes to the admin, and you may get banned.

I am totally ignorant to streaming but in the past when I have tried streaming a game I have just ended up with multiple viruses on tablet/computer and rarely been able to watch anything as links dont work or just open pop up boxes.

So my question is does Sportsmania avoid all these kinds of problems?

Yep, but it's also well worth using Chrome with the adblocker add-on. That'll keep you relatively popup free.

Cheers. Can you stream other channels like sky movies for example?

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

They have an on-demand section which has a few movies etc on there, I think you can stream a couple of normal channels but it's primarily sports.

They have an on-demand section which has a few movies etc on there, I think you can stream a couple of normal channels but it's primarily sports.

I'd like to think there are services that are similar to SportsMania that provide streams for other types of channels, e.g. movies, US network stations like HBO, CBS, NBC, etc.

I'd like to think there are services that are similar to SportsMania that provide streams for other types of channels, e.g. movies, US network stations like HBO, CBS, NBC, etc.

I think HBO broadcasts on the NBC Sport Extra channels when there aren't any games, SyFy US does too.

I'm trying to watch via my Android tablet chrome browser and I get message on video frame saying no playable sources. In there FAQ section it says to install kodi app or dolphin browser with Adobe Flash.

My Tablet not compatible with kodi according to play store. Dolphin browser didn't work. Installed puffin browser which installs adobe Flash player. Video frame now has a round buffering thing in middle but nothing loads when I use puffin. Chrome and dolphin no change even with Adobe Flash player installed.

I don't want to use work laptop.

Any ideas guys?

have to say. bar a few minutes worth of stuttering and buffering in the whole of last season, the service was absolutely brilliant

not so impressed this season.

I know it is very cheap etc but you can get streams for nothing with little trouble

I'm trying to watch via my Android tablet chrome browser and I get message on video frame saying no playable sources. In there FAQ section it says to install kodi app or dolphin browser with Adobe Flash.

My Tablet not compatible with kodi according to play store. Dolphin browser didn't work. Installed puffin browser which installs adobe Flash player. Video frame now has a round buffering thing in middle but nothing loads when I use puffin. Chrome and dolphin no change even with Adobe Flash player installed.

I don't want to use work laptop.

Any ideas guys?

Sideload it from the kodi website. Go into setting and tick the box in security to allow you to download from other sources. Download kodi from kodi website, make sure you choose android version and install. Join the official sportsmania Facebook group and on the pinned post at the top will give instructions how to install the addon. Have a look at http://www.seo-michael.co.uk for instructions how to put an addon on. Follow the procedure on how to install Genesis as the basic procedure is the same for all addons. Genesis is excellent for films and tv.

Since this thread started, I've subscribed to SM and hardly had any issues (bar when Saints play on BT Sports 1 for some reason, yet on BT Euro is fine). This made me look into Kodi and install on my PC, which is great. I've now brought an Amazon Fire Stick (£30 at the mo) and now have Kodi, Genesis and SM running on another TV in the house. Brilliant!

have to say. bar a few minutes worth of stuttering and buffering in the whole of last season, the service was absolutely brilliant

not so impressed this season.

I know it is very cheap etc but you can get streams for nothing with little trouble

If you read the facebook group you will know/understand why.

Fact is he is sorting it. Its a victim of its popularity and needs more servers with better load balancing. Which - as I understand is being sorted

SM is back to it's best. Streams were quality last night :) :)

Yep - was excellent for me during Celtics game too after being terrible over the weekend....

cant get the up and coming games to show on the screen, what channel is it the game on tonight on sportmania

...except this isn't working for me neither, but all is not lost - I can confirm tonight's game is on the BT Sport Europe channel @ 7:30

BT sport Europe is all I know as the 'upcoming matches' link is throwing a script error at this end.

BT sport Europe is playing fine.

yep, I've got it on the vdubt25 ad-on but only in SD.

Edited by Webby