The Streaming Thread

johnnyboy

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone help....just bought a Minix box, installed Sportsmania on xbmc as per instructions. Entered account info so that's all accepted. Can't watch any streams as "Sportsmania error. Check the log for more information" keeps coming up.

Maybe this belongs on a different thread, but not had issues on laptop etc before. Cheers.

Can anyone help....just bought a Minix box, installed Sportsmania on xbmc as per instructions. Entered account info so that's all accepted. Can't watch any streams as "Sportsmania error. Check the log for more information" keeps coming up.

Maybe this belongs on a different thread, but not had issues on laptop etc before. Cheers.

Is it connected to the Internet? Works fine for me. Is it definitely sportsmania?

I've had that before, can't remember exactly what I did to fix it... try deleting the app and re installing it. may need an update

• 2 weeks later...

Well there was always going to be a reaction. I read somewhere that Sky subs were down 18% last year.

So what are the options? I currently don't use any form of VPN to protect my IP from being detected.

Am thinking about doing this now not only to prolong my sub to sportsmania but also to avoid my ISP from cutting me off.

I guess this might force the pricing down of streamed content in the same way Spotify and others work.

However, I think the clever streaming people will find a solution. Where there is a will there is a way !

I guess it will be up to the ISP's to purchase or update their Switches to the new firmware (if it is firmware), is would be costly and would take a lot of work and down time. I've thought lately that I would move to an ISP that had no connection with subscription TV.

The shut off would be to the main up-streamer, they are not bothered about the minions that are receiving it. had to prove who in the house was watching the content.

As you say the internet is always one step ahead of the powers that be.

Hi, I now use sportsmania on a raspberry pi and am very happy with it.

When I visit the SM windows pc website to see what's on, I get a lot of pop-ups from my malwarebytes anti-malware saying it has blocked go.padsdel.com

Does anyone know what this is?

I tried looking it up on google, but the various hits I got which seemed to offer an explanation caused virus popups themselves! I couldn't find a genuine explanation of what padsdel is.

I was surprized that Willow has got malware embedded in his website!

Maybe its harmless and my blocker is being over cautious.

ANyone know anything?

Edited by Mr Dad
clarification

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...