Saints vs Hull - Build Up

Lighthouse

Typical Saints this game, plenty of possession, some missed golden chances, but we'll still limp to a 2 nil win. Long and Morgan to score. Kelvin won't have much to do.

No disrespect to Hull but our back 6 should keep them quiet, just hope the front 4 play well.

I'd love us to do a Sunderland...

CCT_BdVWMAAhUGS.jpg

odd selection

ah well.come on saints

#SaintsFC team vs @HullCity: K. Davis, Alderweireld, Fonte ©, Yoshida, Bertrand, Wanyama, Schneiderlin, S. Davis, Mané, Long, Pellè.

#SaintsFC substitutes vs @HullCity: Gazzaniga (GK), Clyne, Tadić, Ward-Prowse, Elia, Reed, Targett.

Edited by Batman

Interesting team, looks like a back 3 with the 2 DMs in front, more than one way to offset your need to be solid at the back I guess...

if it is a back 3, who is playing wide right then?

mane maybe? that would be putting our best attacker further away from goal

Won't know til they line up, would be very surprised if Koeman has stuck with 2 DMs if he doesn't have something planned tactically. I see Hull are starting with Aluko and N'Doye, which suggests they may be a bit more attacking than usual...

What good would dropping him do? We have no one to play in his place.

Much as I don't think he should be dropped, we do have the opportunity to play Long/Mané up top in a different style if needs must, and today would have been one of those opportunities. But if you're not picking your leading scorer at home to a bottom 6 team you have other problems.

They're not like for like, and they are playing anyway so they couldn't replace him, would have to be a different formation.

I agree, he'll score again soon.

Not like for like, but if (and it's not confirmed) we play 3 at the back we've already changed formation.

Clyne has not been great lately. Toby will give us some good delivery from that right hand side, lots of diagonal balls I reckon.

I don't think he'll get forward much, probably designed to shut down their left sided overlap.

@southamptonfc Koeman on changes: "It's about freshness. I spoke to @Nathaniel_Clyne yesterday. It's just a rest for the player." #saintsfc

Koeman: "I was very happy how @MayaYoshida3 came back from #AC2015 and we know @AlderweireldTob can play at right-back." #saintsfc

Mm, I can't say I think Schneiderlin has been anything other than completely professional.

Except gobbing off to the press every other week fishing for a move. He's a great player but a complete tosser. He's not here out of professionalism it's because we told him he's staying, he got in a strop and wouldn't train for a week or two remember? Koeman had to put him back in his place and remind him he wouldn't get international football in the reserves

Another 1 nil loss to a long range shot to the near post . Koeman will then claim we were the better team because we had more possession yet had no shots at all . Will claim we were unlucky .

Then many posters will abuse the rest for complaining because we've had a decent season and that Saints are still awesome ignoring how clueless they seem now .

Sound about right ?

But Reed is a defensive player?

Two different points - Reed gives us energy and increases the pace of things - I am a big fan - the attacking options are limited - Tadic could come on but there's no Seager which is a shame. Hopefully Pelle will start performing again today.