Saints vs Swansea - Build Up

Lighthouse

That's the trouble with making an assessment based purely on the score. It was a debacle for 50 minutes (we were great for 35 minutes at the start), one of the most shockingly awful displays by Saints I have seen in nearly 50 years. Man U were awful and we let them score 3 goals from 3 on-target shots.

Errrr. Okay then. Yes that was the worst display in 50 years.

Our recent success has turned a section of our fans in to spoilt, whiny little brats.

Why has Bertrand become a starter all of a sudden? :S He clearly isn't fit enough yet.

well, seems he is

reckon he will get about an hour

targett must be injured. not in the squad

Stekelenburg, Cedric, Fonte, van Dijk, Bertrand, Wanyama, Ward-Prowse, S Davis, Mane, Tadic, Pelle

K Davis, Yoshida, Long, Rodriguez, Romeu, Martina, Juanmi

Edited by Batman

well, seems he is

reckon he will get about an hour

targett must be injured. not in the squad

Stekelenburg, Cedric, Fonte, van Dijk, Bertrand, Wanyama, Ward-Prowse, S Davis, Mane, Tadic, Pelle

K Davis, Yoshida, Long, Rodriguez, Romeu, Martina, Juanmi

I was going to comment on here that you called it, but given that you've already managed to give yourself a pat on the back, I feel somewhat sorry for you :lol: ;)

As you've said, Targett injured. No other option.

Just sick of Koeman's lack of imagination in his team selections for game we have to win. Out of interest where is Gazzaniga vanished to? Just knew Ramirez wouldn't be on the bench.

Going to be really sick if we lose today's game.

because I would suggest he is better than Martina...since he starts over him

He starts over Martina as as a left back when Bertrand was injured because Targett is a natural left back and Martina isn't. However when up against each other for a place on the bench as the backup fullback that matters less and Martina is the more senior player. With Bertrand back fit Targett will probably play for the under 21s (like Reed does) to get game time.

He starts over Martina as as a left back when Bertrand was injured because Targett is a natural left back and Martina isn't. However when up against each other for a place on the bench as the backup fullback that matters less and Martina is the more senior player. With Bertrand back fit Targett will probably play for the under 21s (like Reed does) to get game time.

what ever

I predict the anti-Davis+JWP-together meme may get spiked today. Seems to me JWP has been getting sharper, more creative, more physical last few games. And Davis adds extraordinary energy. If we want a successful high-press strategy, those two are key to it imho.

Or maybe I'm just reacting to the pre-game cynicism. Personally prefer to go in excited, optimistic and as a supporter. 2-1 Saints.

I predict the anti-Davis+JWP-together meme may get spiked today. Seems to me JWP has been getting sharper, more creative, more physical last few games. And Davis adds extraordinary energy. If we want a successful high-press strategy, those two are key to it imho.

Or maybe I'm just reacting to the pre-game cynicism. Personally prefer to go in excited, optimistic and as a supporter. 2-1 Saints.

Davis can certainly contribute to a high less game, but JWP?