Terrorist Attacks - WARNING: CONTAINS DISTRESSING IMAGES

sadoldgit

Everything you say is of course correct but you miss two important points.

1. They were not soldiers yes, but they believed they were. That's quite important when you are trying to understand their motivation behind what they do.

2. When a Muslim says "brothers" or "my people" they just mean people of the same faith - wether they have been to the places or actually met the people is irrelevant.

1. I don't think anyone outside their tiny nihilist clique gives any credence to the idea that they were 'soldiers'. And frankly, if anyone did, they might be the sort of people to watch out for.

2. The only people who call others 'brother' are usually hectoring fundamentalists. Even more so when you hear the word 'sister' directed at a Muslim woman - it is usually followed by an aggressive diatribe about some offence she's caused by not covering her head/elbows/ankles/tip of her nose.

As for 'my people' I can honestly say that in more than 30 years traveling throughout South Asia and the Middle East, as well as having extensive connections with the Muslim 'community' here (the idea of a community is such a mirage), I have never heard this expression.

So no, secular Muslims, who make up the majority, do not use this terminology, and the suggestion that there's a set form of language like this that applies to all Muslims is simply wrong.

Salafist jihadis are set apart not just from us but from the Muslim diaspora generally. They are lured in by triggers playing on their own psychological weaknesses.

There's some research somewhere (which I'll have to look up again) that shows that jihadist recruits prepared to carry out random suicide attacks have identifiable mindsets, which always include (from memory): a belief that the world has gone to hell; that change by peaceful means is impossible; that sacrificing oneself is honourable and attracts the ultimate reward; that God-sanctified ends justify brutal means; and, above all, that by these means it's possible to create a Utopia. They are also heavily susceptible to conspiracy theories.

While you might find the odd one or two of these mindsets among 'normal' populations, including Muslims, you'll only find the full lethal combination in the Salafist death cultists.

And convenient argument for you listing horrible people and tagging them Christians. You mention others doing their research but is staggering how little you understand about faith. Right ring columnists who bang on about Christian society to attack others are not Christians.

You say that I know little about faith Whelk, but you seem to know remarkably little about people. Of course being a Christian doesn't make you necessary a good person just as being a Muslim doesn't necessarily make you a bad person. Quite clearly the discussion about the two different religions was meant to highlight that point. There is good and bad in any religion just as there is good and bad everywhere. Because there are some on here who are convinced thsat our problems are caused entirely by Islam, understandably there has been an effort to redress the balance. Katie Hopkins has only been a recurring theme because of one person's childish inability to see the original point which was made at the time. No one is holding Katie Hopkins up as a reason to say that Christian are just as bad as Muslims. Please don't lower yourself to Hypo's level. If you have any level of intelligence you will know that you can be a Christian and still do bad things. That is why they have the get out clause (repentance). Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the basis of Christianity that we are all sinners but can find our way to God through repentance? No point in building all those confessional boxes if no one has anything to confess eh? Unless you are saying if you do something really bad you cant possibly be a Christian???

Anyway, despite all the tangents and petty point scoring attempts, the point that seems to get lost is that there is a recurring argument that some see Islam as an evil religion and the cause of all our problems and some just see that it isn't the religion per se that is at fault and that, as with Christianity, there are people who practice the religion but still do things that fly in the face of that doctrine (sometimes using that very doctrine as justification). It seems that some here are looking to build bridges whilst others want walls. What do you think works better for the future of mankind Whelk? How well have the walls served us over the years?

Oh, and by the way, this is a football forum. I don't expect to be debating deep rooted issues of the day with experts in their field. We are just a bunch of blokes talking b*ll*cks in between football matches, so I for one are not going to apologise for not being the Jeremy Paxman of internet football forum debates.

Reckon within 24 hours there will be statements telling us it is nothing to do with Islam and reports that he person was "known" by the security services/police

also, that the mosque he would attend is known for anti-west rhetoric

very much hope I am wrong and this is a drunk driver who legged it

anyway if it is terrorism, not sure why it news. Sadie khan told Londoners that living with terrorism is part and parcel of living in a big city these days

Edited by Batman

Bloke on sky who lives in flat by incident claims he's ex military and he heard prolonged gunfire . Claims that there was then a helicopter on scene before police cars .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

on Facebook that someone was stabbed near by

Bloke on sky who lives in flat by incident claims he's ex military and he heard prolonged gunfire . Claims that there was then a helicopter on scene before police cars .

Tbf he seemed a bit clueless - on his timing the gunfire would have taken place around 10-10.15, with police arriving afterwards. Reports of subsequent gunfire, though suggestions it came from the police.

Edited by shurlock

Imagine what would happen if they attacked a provincial town or city. London has all those armed officers, and they're struggling to contain this. **** me if they attacked Bournemouth, Southampton or Brighton, they could kill a lot more people

Bring back interment, all of them, wifes, familys, sons daughters the fecking lot of them.

Sent from my P00A using Tapatalk

No no don't do that, mainly because it would be profoundly illegal in a free and democratic society. I would like to know what the intelligence and police communities are doing with the estimated 750 British ISIS fighters, who are looking to return to the UK. I would be content to see some limitations on their freedom.

I would like to know what the intelligence and police communities are doing with the estimated 750 British ISIS fighters, who are looking to return to the UK. I would be content to see some limitations on their freedom.

I'd waterboard the **** ers

Foreign news agency reporting 4 dead & 20 injured on bridge . Also saying first helicopter was "Blue Thunder " SAS counter terrorist group. If true I'd imagine the attackers met their maker pretty quickly

Police now confirm 6 dead & 20 injured & that 3 terrorists shot within 8 mins of authorities being called. Looks like the foreign press leak from 2 hours ago was pretty accurate.

Could have been a lot lot worse. Reckon the SAS stuff could have been on the money, doubt we'll ever know for sure.

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

No doubt a candle lit vigil will keep the people of maidstone safe...

Scrap trident, cut defence spending and buy more candles. That should do the trick...

Or maybe don't blow all our cash on a pointless nuclear weapon and instead stop cutting our police service?

Bring back interment, all of them, wifes, familys, sons daughters the fecking lot of them.

Sent from my P00A using Tapatalk

The problem is there's thousands known risk individuals.

Plus plenty are still actively throwing around the 'racism' and political correctness cards.

We're stuck with this problem now.

Will Sadiq Khan have the front to say it's just part and parcel of living in a big city again?

The problem is there's thousands known risk individuals.

Plus plenty are still actively throwing around the 'racism' and political correctness cards.

We're stuck with this problem now.

Will Sadiq Khan have the front to say it's just part and parcel of living in a big city again?

no doubt, the BBC will have people lined up to tell us that this is nothing to do with Islam......

this is very much part of the problem.

http://www.channel4.com/info/press/news/c4-survey-and-documentary-reveals-what-british-muslims-really-think

what makes me angry how is f***ing passive we have become about all of this

Edited by Batman

Or maybe don't blow all our cash on a pointless nuclear weapon and instead stop cutting our police service?

cost of our nuclear deterrent (annually) is about 10% compared to the money spent on foreign aid.

Edited by Batman

And it makes sense to cut our police service because...

probably to pay for foreign aid. So that North Korea, India and even tanzania get free stuff from us

I would suggest that the reason this is happening is not for lack of police. London has a massive police force.

It is being totally hamstrung with PC'ness and fear of offending people. We allow these people to thrive in this country.

ffs, we have the mayor of Manchester telling us the attack up there was nothing to do with Islam...you have Corbyn telling us that the Islamic faith is wonderful.

both block initiative after initiative to stop these things from happening. FFS, why was no one condemning the disbury mosque up there. it is a known hotbed

Why cant those in power just say what we all know. There is a problem with Islam in this country. There is a problem with many of the values so many practice that are incompatible with our (the british) way of life. If their nutters are not murdering people, they are sh**ging 13 year old girls...and we sit by lighting candles and changing our facebook profiles, whilst telling everyone by doing that "we wont let them win"....and repeat

Edited by Batman