Terrorist Attacks - WARNING: CONTAINS DISTRESSING IMAGES

sadoldgit

I'm sorry, but even though they have improved tactics and training they should still not cut numbers. In any occupation things improve, get more efficient over time.

The threat is growing, we have mass immigration and a growing population - numbers should be increasing even with the better training and tactics.

Its not just tactics and training FFS

Intelligence is better. Operations management is better. Comms are better. Equipment is better.

The biggest use of firearms by the police and they only got off 50 rounds. 50 rounds, job done.

Dont get me wrong. I would rather see more officers to hunt these ****s down. But even with lower numbers, their capability is far better than it was.

When the latest recruits come through, numbers will be back to where they were.

Excellent article. Glad to see that fellow Muslims are calling for more to be done. Frankly puts some of the apologists on here to shame.

You do understand the distinction between Islamic and Islamist and the specific way Islamist is used in these discussions, I assume?

...apparently not :lol:

Edited by shurlock

Been some shocking performances by MPs but Abbot is a basket case. Has she bunked off all media training? clueless in not sounding clueless when she doesn't know specifics and interviewers easily smell blood. Painful.

Excellent article. Glad to see that fellow Muslims are calling for more to be done. Frankly puts some of the apologists on here to shame.

Ok. Provide a list of names of everyone here who is an apologist for these murderers.

Its not just tactics and training FFS

Intelligence is better. Operations management is better. Comms are better. Equipment is better.

The biggest use of firearms by the police and they only got off 50 rounds. 50 rounds, job done.

Dont get me wrong. I would rather see more officers to hunt these ****s down. But even with lower numbers, their capability is far better than it was.

When the latest recruits come through, numbers will be back to where they were.

Sounds like the usual Tory bull**** to me, I would take more notice of the former counter-terrorism chief to be honest.

"A former counter-terrorism chief has lambasted Theresa May’s “endless cuts” to police numbers and warned that the London Bridge attack should make all politicians “reflect” on the damage done by austerity.

Jim Gamble, the former head of Special Branch in Belfast, accused the Prime Minister of trying to “asset strip the critical services who in times of trouble make the real difference”.

Blogging for HuffPost UK, Gamble – who also headed the police’s national online child protection unit – was scathing about May’s record as Home Secretary, when she oversaw the loss of 20,000 police jobs.

A former police head of counter-terrorism in Belfast, and deputy director general of the National Crime Squard, Gamble said that May had claimed for too long that the police could ‘do more with less’.

“No matter how you cut it, no matter what spin you put on diversification of resource or doing things differently, there are 20,000 fewer police now than there were in 2010,” he wrote in his blog.

“That’s fewer eyes and ears on the street, fewer ‘bobbies’ building relationships, community confidence and critically creating that visible reassurance and deterrence that is key at times like this."

They had an expert on radio 5 yesterday saying Community Policing is vital in preventing these sort of attacks and they have been cut as well. These officers are the eye and ears of the force. How can we expect the muslim communities to come onside if the only time they see a copper he is kicking a neighbours door down or stopping and searching someone?

Sounds like the usual Tory bull**** to me, I would take more notice of the former counter-terrorism chief to be honest.

"A former counter-terrorism chief has lambasted Theresa May’s “endless cuts” to police numbers and warned that the London Bridge attack should make all politicians “reflect” on the damage done by austerity.

Jim Gamble, the former head of Special Branch in Belfast, accused the Prime Minister of trying to “asset strip the critical services who in times of trouble make the real difference”.

Blogging for HuffPost UK, Gamble – who also headed the police’s national online child protection unit – was scathing about May’s record as Home Secretary, when she oversaw the loss of 20,000 police jobs.

A former police head of counter-terrorism in Belfast, and deputy director general of the National Crime Squard, Gamble said that May had claimed for too long that the police could ‘do more with less’.

“No matter how you cut it, no matter what spin you put on diversification of resource or doing things differently, there are 20,000 fewer police now than there were in 2010,” he wrote in his blog.

“That’s fewer eyes and ears on the street, fewer ‘bobbies’ building relationships, community confidence and critically creating that visible reassurance and deterrence that is key at times like this."

They had an expert on radio 5 yesterday saying Community Policing is vital in preventing these sort of attacks and they have been cut as well. These officers are the eye and ears of the force. How can we expect the muslim communities to come onside if the only time they see a copper he is kicking a neighbours door down or stopping and searching someone?

One of my sources is the NPCC’s lead for Armed Policing, Deputy Chief Constable Simon Chesterman. He says that firearms officers are now better trained than they used to be:

“We now have the capability to deliver much more … we also have plans in place to mobilise the non-Home Office forces to give support to a major incident and – if needed – the military.

Sorry if that doesnt fit your agenda.. for what its worth, i would like to see more OB on the streets..

Gunshots in Paris...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-40178183

Now let's not jump to conclusions... this wave of white supremacist attacks across Europe means it would be wrong to label it as such, just in case it might be some random Islamist attack instead...

Bloke attacked a policeman with a hammer, policeman then shot him. That's about it I think.

Oh you mean like you provided a fictitious list of people who have a problem with "all Muslims?"

You, Sour Mash and Batman. So where is your list? You seem to more confused than usual. On another thread one minute you said you hate Diane Abbott then next post you changed your mind. Off the meds?

You, Sour Mash and Batman. So where is your list? You seem to more confused than usual. On another thread one minute you said you hate Diane Abbott then next post you changed your mind. Off the meds?

you hate jews.

I've previously explained why your attitude amounts to apologism of Islamic terror. You haven't got a shred of evidence that I have a problem with all Muslims, instead you wrongly attempt to equate the extremist views of Sour Mash with others to try to discredit them. You're a joke.

Imam Tahwidi :lol:

Ali Dia was a better fake than this guy. Embarrassing that people, predominantly conspiracy theorists and right-wing loons, quote him - sadly says more about their prejudices, despite protestations to the contrary.

But hey he dresses up in exotic robes, he must be an authority.

Edited by shurlock

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/web/status/872116740020416513

What about this guy? Prof of contemporary Islamic studies?

Not sure what your point is, though I guess you stopped at the clickbait tweet rather than listened to the interview.

If you had listened to the interview, the point is that Islam is involved insofar as the perpetrators called themselves Muslims and appealed to the Quran. But that's a banal truism that even SOG wouldn't oppose. All religions are essentially what people who call themselves devotees say they are.

What the interviewee went on to say, had you bothered to listen, is that the perpetrators rely on distorted interpretations of Islam which are against the principles of the religion. That's not evidence for the claim that Islam is inherently violent or that there's some scriptural smoking gun justifying terrorist atrocities etc.

Perhaps you disagree. If so, it might help to quote someone who actually supports your position.

Imam Tahwidi [emoji38]

Ali Dia was a better fake than this guy. Embarrassing that people, predominantly conspiracy theorists and right-wing loons, quote him - sadly says more about their prejudices, despite protestations to the contrary.

But hey he dresses up in exotic robes, he must be an authority.

Maajid nawaz? Or is he not a real Muslim either in your opinion?

One of my sources is the NPCC’s lead for Armed Policing, Deputy Chief Constable Simon Chesterman. He says that firearms officers are now better trained than they used to be:

“We now have the capability to deliver much more … we also have plans in place to mobilise the non-Home Office forces to give support to a major incident and – if needed – the military.

Sorry if that doesnt fit your agenda.. for what its worth, i would like to see more OB on the streets..

I don't doubt anything he says but still question the logic of getting rid of so many officers at a time when there is an ever increasing threat. The terrorists all seem to be on the security services radar yet there is nowhere near enough resources to keep track of them all - yet we are reducing the amount of police - madness.

Not sure what your point is, though I guess you stopped at the clickbait tweet rather than listened to the interview.

If you had listened to the interview, the point is that Islam is involved insofar as the perpetrators called themselves Muslims and appealed to the Quran. But that's a banal truism that even SOG wouldn't oppose. All religions are essentially what people who call themselves devotees say they are.

What the interviewee went on to say, had you bothered to listen, is that the perpetrators rely on distorted interpretations of Islam which are against the principles of the religion. That's not evidence for the claim that Islam is inherently violent or that there's some scriptural smoking gun justifying terrorist atrocities etc.

Perhaps you disagree. If so, it might help to quote someone who actually supports your position.

A bit like Bush and Blair when they took us off to war whilst implying it was God's (the Christian one) Will.

Maajid nawaz? Or is he not a real Muslim either in your opinion?

I'm not saying Imam Tahwidi isn't a Muslim. He's a Shiite for starters (whereas his opponents are Sunni). Rather I'm saying he's a chancer and oddball -and not a recognised Imam. Only the gullible or those with an agenda cite him.

http://www.abc.net.au/religion/articles/2017/04/11/4651763.htm

I'm not an expert on Maajid Nawaz, though I do know he has a lot of criticics within the Muslim community. He is also careful to draw a distinction between Islam and Islamism, much like Theresa May did in her speech on Sunday. That distinction tends to be invoked to isolate violent Islamism from any other form of Islam. Islam, by contrast, is a religion just like any other, with its problems just like any other. All his words not mine.

Edited by shurlock

Muhammed being a warlord and violently forcing people to convert to Islam or die rather flies in the face of that opinion.

Unlike you, I actually know Muslims, you don't know a single one :lol:

I'm not saying Imam Tahwidi isn't a Muslim. He's a Shiite for starters (whereas his opponents are Sunni). Rather I'm saying he's a chancer and oddball -and not a recognised Imam. Only the gullible or those with an agenda cite him.

http://www.abc.net.au/religion/articles/2017/04/11/4651763.htm

I'm not an expert on Maajid Nawaz, though I do know he has a lot of criticics within the Muslim community. He is also careful to draw a distinction between Islam and Islamism, much like Theresa May did in her speech on Sunday. That distinction tends to be invoked to isolate violent Islamism from any other form of Islam. Islam, by contrast, is a religion just like any other, with its problems just like any other. All his words not mine.

you should listen to his radio show. he is often critical of the moderates of his religion in this country

What the interviewee went on to say, had you bothered to listen, is that the perpetrators rely on distorted interpretations of Islam which are against the principles of the religion.

In their opinion. Other Muslims obviously think his interpretation is distorted by western values and their more extreme form is the purest interpretation.

you should listen to his radio show. he is often critical of the moderates of his religion in this country

Indeed. I would be confident in saying that his view is very much closer to those who believe that more has to be done and that there is a problem with radical Islam than the opposite.

Not sure what your point is. Pontificating about not being evidence that Islam is inherently violent. You having your own little debate with yourself.

You remind me of David Brent going away and looking up Dostoevsky desperate to be seen as the most informed person but everyone else views as a tw at. Reeks of insecurity if I'm honest.

In their opinion. Other Muslims obviously think his interpretation is distorted by western values and their more extreme form is the purest interpretation.

don't Wahaabi and Deobandi mosques make up more than half of the mosques in this country? If we are to agree that this doctrine is the extremist form then why is this the case?

Not sure what your point is. Pontificating about not being evidence that Islam is inherently violent. You having your own little debate with yourself.

You remind me of David Brent going away and looking up Dostoevsky desperate to be seen as the most informed person but everyone else views as a tw at. Reeks of insecurity if I'm honest.

As I say, just remember to cite someone who supports your point next time :lol: A friendly bit of advice, that's all.

David_Brent_111.jpg