Terrorist Attacks - WARNING: CONTAINS DISTRESSING IMAGES

sadoldgit

I do not know what powers the mayor of London has can somebody please let me know what his powers are? In threoy could he order that a muslim flag is flown over public buildings? Could this be a creep of a different culture changing the law to suit the minority rather than the nations indentity.

I seriously dont know and am not trying to stir things

I do not know what powers the mayor of London has can somebody please let me know what his powers are? In threoy could he order that a muslim flag is flown over public buildings? Could this be a creep of a different culture changing the law to suit the minority rather than the nations indentity.

I seriously dont know and am not trying to stir things

No idea but if hardly seems likely that he would do that.

Is it an opinion piece on Christ's teachings and how they have shaped her life?

It could well be, given that she was brought up in a convent school and all. Unless they don't raise children to be Christians in convent schools of course.

It could well be, given that she was brought up in a convent school and all. Unless they don't raise children to be Christians in convent schools of course.

Genius. Everyone who went to a convent school is a Christian. I'll be sure to let my uncle know next time I see him. It may be a shock, particularly because he has described himself as an atheist for the past 30 years (still attended his relative's nativity though) but of course attending a convent school is proof positive that you are a Christian. You've cracked it.

Just about to post this myself. I wonder if the police will be training with people using Irish accents next time, just to make it authentic, like.

If they are doing a terrorism training exercise involving Ira bombers then it may be a good idea to shout anti monarchy phrases beforehand so yes.

If you actually read that it says that the Muslim extremist threat is "far bigger" so it would make sense to prepare for that.

I haven't said its not but your comment was that the Muslim terrorist threat was the 'only' terrorist threat which is clearly not a 'fact'.

I haven't said its not but your comment was that the Muslim terrorist threat was the 'only' terrorist threat which is clearly not a 'fact'.

Only real threat I said. Why would they do a mock IRA attack when a muslim one is way more likely?

Also the IRA generally didn't carry out suicide attacks

Edited by aintforever

Just about to post this myself. I wonder if the police will be training with people using Irish accents next time, just to make it authentic, like.

Pretty despicable that you think all Irish people are terrorists.

Only real threat I said. Why would they do a mock IRA attack when a muslim one is way more likely?

I was hoping to see this yelling . Top of the morning to ya t'be sure t'be sure

d59da06e53589de1f02f504bdf1beb17.jpg

I think that the point is why use any stereotype, why not just carry out training without having people to pretend they are one thing or another? Can you imagine the confusion if they train all the time to deal with one type of terrorist and then get attacked by another? Oh, he isn't shouting God is Great, what do I do now? He hasn't blown himself up, what do we do next?

I think that the point is why use any stereotype, why not just carry out training without having people to pretend they are one thing or another? Can you imagine the confusion if they train all the time to deal with one type of terrorist and then get attacked by another? Oh, he isn't shouting God is Great, what do I do now? He hasn't blown himself up, what do we do next?

They might well carry out some generic terrorist training. This particular exercise was looking at Islamic terrorism which statistically they are overwhelmingly more likely to be subject to than other types.

I think you would freak out if you knew the scenario's of some of the military exercises that go on.

you have to make it as real as possible. obviously

I think you would freak out if you knew the scenario's of some of the military exercises that go on.

Why don't the Generals train for an army of 1000 Breviks? They must be closet forum racists!

I expect you are right. I would love to see the army in exercises against "the French." ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Yet another saddo post shown up very quickly to be plain wrong. Congrats.

Not necessarily. The impact of islamic terrorism causes people to panic and/or over react. Without the impact of islamic terrorism, would the stadium have been evacuated and the game abandoned?? Probably not.

... Not that i am quickly trying to show you up or suggest you are a saddo in any way :-)

Not necessarily. The impact of islamic terrorism causes people to panic and/or over react. Without the impact of islamic terrorism, would the stadium have been evacuated and the game abandoned?? Probably not.

... Not that i am quickly trying to show you up or suggest you are a saddo in any way :-)

Pipe bombs are an IRA speciality, not Islamic terrorists. hth

Pipe bombs are an IRA speciality, not Islamic terrorists. hth

Yes, beacuse IRA terrorism is at the front of everyone's mind when there is a bomb scare. I bet when it was announced that there was a bomb scare, everyone thought those bastard IRA ******s.... not

Edited by Johnny Bognor

Do people stop to think who the terrorists are when there is a bomb scare? I would think the first thought would be to get away safely then worry about who might have done it later. You don't get many bomb scares with suicide bombers as it just happens. Bomb scares tend to come with organisations like the IRA.

Do people stop to think who the terrorists are when there is a bomb scare? I would think the first thought would be to get away safely then worry about who might have done it later. You don't get many bomb scares with suicide bombers as it just happens. Bomb scares tend to come with organisations like the IRA.

In the current climate, would you say that if and when people wonder who might be responsible, they would at first assume it is the IRA??? Really????????

I bet you any money in the world that the vast majority of people, when it was announced that Old Trafford was being evacuated due to a suspicious package, first assumed that it was the work of Islamic terrorism.

I don't know why. Maybe it is beacuase they may have form on this? I seem to remember something about bombs going off and people being killed at a stadium in Paris. I'm sure I've seen a thread round here that talks about it. It might have been called something like "Paris-Massacre-WARNING-CONTAINS-DISTRESSING". I could be mistaken. Maybe I am getting confused with the thread about the IRA attacking football stadiums, but you'll have to point me in the right direction.

Yes, beacuse IRA terrorism is at the front of everyone's mind when there is a bomb scare. I bet when it was announced that there was a bomb scare, everyone thought those bastard IRA ******s.... not

You think the security services who looked at the bomb and then ordered evacuation had no idea of the kinds of devices used by different groups? wow.

Source? And might be wrong but wasn't it a device attached to a pipe which isn't the same as a pipe bomb?

All over the net. The IRA used pipe bombs for decades, primarily as harrassment 'we're here' devices. They are the preserve of groups who dont have access to conventional military ordnance. IS do.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/irishsun/4309879/Pipe-bomb-3k-you-pay-6k-if-it-works.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/2778431.stm

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/pipe-bomb-discovered-near-school-29572036.html

This is the old Trafford device.

ad_206414343.jpg?w=748&h=1122&crop=1

Edited by buctootim

You think the security services who looked at the bomb and then ordered evacuation had no idea of the kinds of devices used by different groups? wow.

Stop trying to wriggle out of an undefendable position. I am talking about the population at large.

Simple question.

When it was announced that Old Trafford was being evacuated due to a suspect package, did you assume it was the work of the IRA? Just a yes or no will do

In the current climate, would you say that if and when people wonder who might be responsible, they would at first assume it is the IRA??? Really????????

I bet you any money in the world that the vast majority of people, when it was announced that Old Trafford was being evacuated due to a suspicious package, first assumed that it was the work of Islamic terrorism.

I don't know why. Maybe it is beacuase they may have form on this? I seem to remember something about bombs going off and people being killed at a stadium in Paris. I'm sure I've seen a thread round here that talks about it. It might have been called something like "Paris-Massacre-WARNING-CONTAINS-DISTRESSING". I could be mistaken. Maybe I am getting confused with the thread about the IRA attacking football stadiums, but you'll have to point me in the right direction.

I will say again, think about how the IRA operate and think about how IS operate. Do IS leave "suspect" packages around? I think most people wouldn't stand around wondering who was threatening to blow them up they would just get the hell out of there. The first you know about a bomb threat by IS is when it goes off. The IRA threat is still active and they plant explosive devices rather than use suicide bombers but once again, I really don't think that people stop to worry about where the threat is coming from do they?

Stop trying to wriggle out of an undefendable position. I am talking about the population at large.

Simple question.

When it was announced that Old Trafford was being evacuated due to a suspect package, did you assume it was the work of the IRA? Just a yes or no will do

How often do IS use "suspect packages" in their operations? How often do the IRA use "suspect packages" in their operations? Wouldn't the more logical guess be the IRA out of the 2?

Simple question.

Lame, Sour Mash's post was about the impact of the evacuation and abandonment of the game. Old Trafford was evacuated because security services thought it was potentially a viable device as used by the Real IRA. In case you missed the current attack threat from them is rated as severe. http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/may/14/police-severe-terror-threat-ira-northern-ireland-bomb-attacks. 52 Real IRA bomb attacks in the past year in the UK. How many from Islamic terrorists?

Lame, Sour Mash's post was about the impact of the evacuation and abandonment of the game. Old Trafford was evacuated because security services thought it was potentially a viable device as used by the Real IRA. In case you missed the current attack threat from them is rated as severe. http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/may/14/police-severe-terror-threat-ira-northern-ireland-bomb-attacks. 52 Real IRA bomb attacks in the past year in the UK. How many from Islamic terrorists?

The opening line on that article is telling... I'll quote it for you:

"There is a “severe” threat of terrorist attacks on police in Northern Ireland ". I am guessing that the threat of Islamic terrorism in Northern Ireland is quite low. But it is a bit of a stretch to apply this to the whole of the UK.

Now, considering the attacks in Paris involved an international football match, conducted by Islamic terrorists, in which people were killed. Is it any surprise that people would assume that what happened at Old Trafford could be down to Islamic terrorism?

Out of interest, have you been down to St Mary's recently? You know that stewards scan people? I certainly have stood in the queues. I guess it was silly of me to assume that these measures were put in place due to the threat of Islamic terrorism at football stadia, brought about by the attacks on the Paris stadium, by Islamic terrorists. You know, an "actual" attack at a football match. One in which people were killed. The fact that the measures at St Mary's were put in place immediately after the Paris attacks on a stadium must have been merely coincidental. Based on your 'logic', can we assume that the French military are being mobilised for the Euros beacuse of the imminent threat of IRA bombs going off?

Edited by Johnny Bognor

The opening line on that article is telling... I'll quote it for you:

"There is a “severe” threat of terrorist attacks on police in Northern Ireland ". I am guessing that the threat of Islamic terrorism in Northern Ireland is quite low. But it is a bit of a stretch to apply this to the whole of the UK.

Now, considering the attacks in Paris involved an international football match, conducted by Islamic terrorists, in which people were killed. Is it any surprise that people would assume that what happened at Old Trafford was down to Islamic terrorism?

Out of interest, have you been down to St Mary's recently? You know that stewards scan people? I certainly have stood in the queues. I guess it was silly of me to assume that these measures were put in place due to the threat of Islamic terrorism at football stadia, brought about by the attacks on the Paris stadium, by Islamic terrorists. The fact that they were put in place immediately after the Paris attacks on a stadium must have been merely coincidental. I guess the French military are being mobilised for the Euros beacuse of the imminent threat of IRA bombs going off at the tournament.

You can be incredibly facile sometimes, which is a pity because you have the wit for more. Why are you obsessing about what most people thought? Its irrelevant to the evacuation and abandonment of the match. Whatever they think will be irrelevant to the next police action too. The article says the threat on the mainland is substantial with a particular risk around the time of the Easter Rising anniversary, which was two weeks before Old Trafford.

Old Trafford was abandoned because the police thought it was an IRA pipe bomb. Thats a fact. You can dissemble about Paris police but its not relevant to this incident nor to Sour Mash's post blaming it on Islamic terrorists. .

You can be incredibly facile sometimes, which is a pity because you have the wit for more. Why are you obsessing about what most people thought? Its irrelevant to the evacuation and abandonment of the match. Whatever they think will be irrelevant to the next police action too. The article says the threat on the mainland is substantial with a particular risk around the time of the Easter Rising anniversary, which was two weeks before Old Trafford.

Old Trafford was abandoned because the police thought it was an IRA pipe bomb. Thats a fact. You can dissemble about Paris police but its not relevant to this incident nor to Sour Mash's post blaming it on Islamic terrorists. .

I am obsessing about what most people thought as you responded to a post on here, which believe it or not is in line with what most people think. Simple really.

You are correct in the threat levels in that a NI related attack is a strong possibility, whilst an International Terrorist attack in England is highly likely.

https://www.mi5.gov.uk/threat-levels

So is it more important to worry about Muslim terrorists or Irish terrorists? Or perhaps we should just be worried about terrorists in general and be wary of threats where ever or from whoever they may come from? Frankly I'd rather not be blown up by an Islamic terrorists or an IRA fanatic.

the threat from islamic terrorist remains more likely than Irish loons at the mo. From where I sit anyway

the threat from islamic terrorist remains more likely than Irish loons at the mo. From where I sit anyway

So are you saying that we should discount and not prepare for any other terrorists threats from any other than Islamic sources then? Thanks for the advice but I shall continue to worry about any possible terrorist attack rather than just from one possible source.

So are you saying that we should discount and not prepare for any other terrorists threats from any other than Islamic sources then? Thanks for the advice but I shall continue to worry about any possible terrorist attack rather than just from one possible source.

no, clearly not what I said at all if you read it clearly. it is only 1 line

what I posted was not advice but an actual fact.

no, clearly not what I said at all if you read it clearly. it is only 1 line

what I posted was not advice but an actual fact.

And what I am trying to say to you is that terrorist threats are possible from many quarters and it isn't very bright to worry about one particular area when threats still exist from elsewehere.

And what I am trying to say to you is that terrorist threats are possible from many quarters and it isn't very bright to worry about one particular area when threats still exist from elsewehere.

who said they dont?

just pointing out that from what I can see (and this is not an opinion) it is assessed that islamic nutters are more likely going to attack than an Irish one.

I know you dont like that. Just passing it on from my part of the world

who said they dont?

just pointing out that from what I can see (and this is not an opinion) it is assessed that islamic nutters are more likely going to attack than an Irish one.

I know you dont like that. Just passing it on from my part of the world

It seems like your part of the world has a bit of a problem with harassing Muslims unnecessarily ...

http://www.gothamgazette.com/index.php/civil-rights/4276-citys-muslims-report-harassment-by-police