• Wanyama
    • Clasie
    • Tadić
    • Mané
    • Long
    • Romeu
    • Ward-Prowse
    • Austin

I'm not saying that shirt pulling is ok, but on one replay I saw of Smalling-Van Dijk, I didn't think it was anywhere near as bad as the one at Chelsea. Whilst I would be ok with a penalty being given every time so it would eventually stop, if we're being realistic (i.e. it won't stop completely) I'd say there is shirt-pulling where a defender is stopping the player escaping from them, and shirt-pulling where you're stopping the player getting to the ball. The second one, as at Chelsea, really has to be punished.

It qualifies as 'holding' which means stopping the opponent from moving freely. Some defenders will take hold of an opponent's shirt so that they can watch the ball and still sense when the other player makes a move. If they let go straight away there's no problem but when it becomes a tug it should be punished.

Heaven forbid someone has an opinion .

It was a great result but a poor game .

We have beaten 3 poor sides in a row . Koeman has hardly transformed himself in to the messiah .

Our formation recently has been very successful but its too early to get too excited just yet . Will wait til we play a side thats in form

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Er - that would be us?

We've not played badly even during the December run but have had key players not at their best which makes the results harder to come by. Would you be wanting to play us at the moment? Game was dire on Saturday but in the previous three league games we've been playing our preferred kind of football...with RK's new system. NB - RK=Ronald Koeman, manager! ;-)

Just checked the last four league games we've played; we've faced only 3 shots on target throughout that period. That is decent.

And we've won four out of five, scoring 10 with just one against.

And the one game we lost was a travesty and the one goal conceded a screamer.

I'm sure others have noticed that the key difference is, we've stopped making silly mistakes and giving away stupid goals.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Just checked the last four league games we've played; we've faced only 3 shots on target throughout that period. That is decent.

Back to last seasons tight defence long may it continue. On MOTD2 extra they were talking about the man U game they said saints have played 3 at the back 5 times this season and conceded one goal.

Er - that would be us?

We've not played badly even during the December run but have had key players not at their best which makes the results harder to come by. Would you be wanting to play us at the moment? Game was dire on Saturday but in the previous three league games we've been playing our preferred kind of football...with RK's new system. NB - RK=Ronald Koeman, manager! ;-)

I wouldn't want to play us atm . It would be a very dull tight game.

I want to see us play a team who are brimming with confidence and can attack quickly and fluidly . Then I can see how we respond . See if we are a one trick pony or if we can adapt and still come out on top .

Its no secret that I don't rate the manager . Unlike many who change their minds depending on the result , I need to see alot more to be convinced that we have turned a corner .

What I hope for is that our recent changes develop into something alot more dangerous . That we can speed up attacks and then actually convert these opportunities, some Austin is capable of .

As far as I'm concerned and I realize my opinion is worthless because Always SFC didn't write it for me , is that we are yet to be tested properly .

I want to see us play a team who are brimming with confidence and can attack quickly and fluidly . Then I can see how we respond . See if we are a one trick pony or if we can adapt and still come out on top .

Its no secret that I don't rate the manager . Unlike many who change their minds depending on the result , I need to see alot more to be convinced that we have turned a corner .

What I hope for is that our recent changes develop into something alot more dangerous . That we can speed up attacks and then actually convert these opportunities, some Austin is capable of .

As far as I'm concerned and I realize my opinion is worthless because Always SFC didn't write it for me , is that we are yet to be tested properly .

this is utterly bizzare. we just won at old trafford for f*cks sake. I'm genuinely not having a go, I'm giving you some advice.

I think venting frustration at the club (a club that I think you probably do care about , I am not saying you don't) is a good thing, a right response to people using our money but not getting what we pay for.

but come on. we win at old trafford in the dying moments of the game, don't just be discouraging and negative until the manager, players and club can 'prove themselves to you', which is what is seems like.

we aren't changing our minds depending on the result. but how many games, and in what manner of win, does it need to be to prove to you that we've turned a corner?

I think we went through a bad patch, playing well and arguably not getting quite a few results we should have. pelle especially, along with maybe stek, wanyama and JWP, were off form. Not too mention yoshida's regularly appearance at fullback. but other than that, what is really wrong? Not a great deal. these things happen in football.

wanyama seems to be back in form, JWP at least has earned his place for a bit, cedric seems more confident, forster is back and we have austin. How can you not say that we have turtned a corner?

:cry: not worthless sweetie :shakey: just plain incorrect

You mean like Arsenal at SMS a month ago?

What happens if between now and the end of the season and no-one actually gets to test us properly, because the confidence in this new system gains a bit of traction with the players and we shut teams down. Does this point get carried over to next season.

It will likely evolve into something more dangerous as the players become more comfortable with it working, if we can shut teams down on Auto pilot, that allows more time to think about opening them up. But If you want to see Barcelona and Real portrayed performances, then you are either watching the wrong league or too use to playing FIFA whatever year applies.

Watford with Deeney and Ighalo were free scoring until we played them.

Koeman found a system that suits our squad yet you don't give him an ounce of credit.

We created numerous chances fluidly and freely but Mane had a mare is that Koemans fault?

Your opinion isn't worthless it's just unbalanced and wrong based on recent games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And we've won four out of five, scoring 10 with just one against.

And the one game we lost was a travesty and the one goal conceded a screamer.

I'm sure others have noticed that the key difference is, we've stopped making silly mistakes and giving away stupid goals.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

What you mean is, "we've stopped playing Yoshida"

(harsh, I know...)