• Wanyama
    • Clasie
    • Tadić
    • Mané
    • Long
    • Romeu
    • Ward-Prowse
    • Austin

Make no mistake. That was a brilliantly earned, completely deserved result. We out-thought them and out-fought them. The midfield battle was decisive. We wanted it more. And we were set up better. Koeman must be SO happy about winning the tactics battle of the Dutchmen. Our midfield armory of Big Vic, CLASIE, Romeu was simply superb. VvD and Fonte had fantastic games. And as for Charlie. What can you say? Even before that goal he was exciting. Every touch. Strength, determination and huge skill. Really, really exciting to have him in the mix.

Friends, we're heading back to Europe.

After a week in which I've had arrogant and deluded Manure fans telling me:

Saints sold their allocation because their fans want to see United play.

Southampton aren't really a Premier team.

Southampton are poor and we'll win pretty easily.

United can still win the league.

Van Gaal is doing a good job.

Rooney is still the best.

... It's almost impossible to say how great I feel after this result. :-D :-D

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

First back to back wins at Old Trafford for us since 1969, was it? Something like that.

We probably edged it overall and might have had a Long penalty, but Austin coming on as a late substitute and scoring on his debut is Roy of the Rovers stuff.

Good thing that we faced them with Van Gaal in charge, although we may have hastened his departure. This really is the worst United team that I can remember. There is no guarantee that they can even finish in the top four, but now with the turnaround that we have produced the past three games, three clean sheets, nine points, I can dream of a top six finish if Austin can keep finding the net.

Brilliant all round

mane was very frustrating and tadic was not in the game much but had some very good touches

the defence were excellent

Vic was my MoM but a fag paper between him and Clasie

Long was good

and what a debut. THAT is why we bought Austin. great header, bottom corner, cracking finish

other than a 5-10 min period in the start of the 2nd half, they were dire. Pretty stunning how a club like united with the money they spend play like that. Disgusting.

prefer this win more so than last season. We never had to play that well/out of our skins and they cant say they missed very good chances (like Mata last season)

cracking stuff

It's easy to see why signing Austin was a no brainer. He was absolutely brilliant being the only player who didn't go for the ball but checked out and was in exactly the right place with loads of time to finish. I'm betting the MU defenders were scratching their heads. It's what natural goal scorers do. What a snip for £4m.

The team were very confident and solid. Everybody played well. We created the three best chances and generally clamped down on Utd. The changes stabilised in the tiring stage and gave us the legs to finish it off. Mane didn't look too pleased to be taken off in his audition game but Austin showed why. Tadic for him put in a very good shift and looked knackered by the time of his substitution.

Edited by derry

Brilliant all round

mane was very frustrating and tadic was not in the game much but had some very good touches

the defence were excellent

Vic was my MoM but a fag paper between him and Clasie

Long was good

and what a debut. THAT is why we bought Austin. great header, bottom corner, cracking finish

other than a 5-10 min period in the start of the 2nd half, they were dire. Pretty stunning how a club like united with the money they spend play like that. Disgusting.

prefer this win more so than last season. We never had to play that well/out of our skins and they cant say they missed very good chances (like Mata last season)

cracking stuff

How's that relegation prediction coming on pal?

Reading the press, they are very begrudging in how well we played. R5 were also begrudging but did say that we closed shop and made it so hard for them, that they were found wanting for a way through. Forster and the back 3 have been brilliant in the past 3 games and haven't allowed other teams to play the way they want. Long may this last, but.....

Check out the conversation between Austin and Clasie at 01:57 minutes. Austin's reaction = Clasie has an injury? Or am I reading to much into it?

Clasie: 'yes, I know, but he's still off to chelsea'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes.

Saw it desribed as a 'free header', and so it might have been, but Pelle would most likely have hit the post, Long headed over.

And just for £4m as well.

How much have Brendan and Van Gaal spent on forwards in the last two seasons ?

Yes it was a 'free header' but he was relaxed and composed when he headed it must admit I would have been upset if we had conceded it as no one was marking him but very good cross from the under estimated JWP

Normally don't post on hear just read, however I have this to say..

Yyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!

Hope Van Gaal gets the boot! What a difference a few weeks and a bit of confidence can make. Yeah we maybe played them at the right time but what a win for the second year in a row. Up the Saints!

Superb. The transformation at the back since FF returned, the hard graft in the middle (Vic and Clasie excellent), decent set pieces, tireless running from Long, and now finally someone who can actually capitalise on the chances we create: you couldn't make up Austin's debut, could you? The goal was worth £4m in itself in boosting confidence. Keep clear of too many injuries and we surely can do better than last year.