Davies to Stoke?

Saint Charlie

VERY bad idea.

BUT, one good piece to deduce from the article

1) It is a rumour mill

2) Davies stated clearly in an interview when he signed for us that the main reason he left Boro was that they used him at full back and he doesn't like playing there and Saints said he'd be a centre back.

And I don't think he moved here to improve for half a season with a view to a long term career aiming at one of the top 5 clubs to blow it all for one season in a struggling side where he would be made to look bad every week.

Chill.

I would take £4 Million for Davies it would probably sort out our financial situation

I have always been a little concerned whether Davies and Svennson would work as they are fairly similar

Well they have never played together yet so it's just speculation on your part. I am quite looking forward to the pair playing in the heart of our defence.

If we sell Davies I will be so ****ing ****ed off. Might as well give up and just accept we will be in league one next year.

We would be mad to even consider selling him for just 1.5m.

Couldn't agree more Andy , but as 45% of Saintsweb users consider us a promotion or at least top half of the table club presumably the loss of one more player won't make that much difference and we'll be fine :confused:

I hope it doesn't happen but Davies will go as he is a saleable asset. Svennson signing deal has probably made this possible.

£500k profit in 6 months for us and no doubt a hefty sell-on clause for when Stoke get relegated and he gets punted on.

Still leaves us with

Svennson

Perry

Lancashire

Racine

with Wotton and Spiderman as backups.

Can't wait for the spin about a log jam of centre-backs.

I would take £4 Million for Davies it would probably sort out our financial situation

I have always been a little concerned whether Davies and Svennson would work as they are fairly similar

I know what you mean but having Davies and Svensson as our centre back pairing is a problem I think I could live with.

I hope it doesn't happen but Davies will go as he is a saleable asset. Svennson signing deal has probably made this possible.

£500k profit in 6 months for us and no doubt a hefty sell-on clause for when Stoke get relegated and he gets punted on.

Still leaves us with

Svennson

Perry

Lancashire

Racine

with Wotton and Spiderman as backups.

Can't wait for the spin about a log jam of centre-backs.

It would be fun to see Racine and Perry play together , a 16 year old kid and a 36 year old veteran , averaged out they'd both be in their prime :)

If Davies goes for £1.5million then we are definitely on the slippery slope to oblivion. I'd like to downgrade my optimistic vote in that case.

Of course the Banks may insist, whatever the Club (PLC!) may wish. That shows just how deep in the mire we have reached.

Hold fire girls.

How many games did he actually play for us??? about 10. calm down it's only a centre back, ollie will come good.

I think you are missing one of those sarcastic rolly eye type thingys. He was one of the few bright sparks of last season. Decent CB's are extremely hard to find and make all the difference in this long ball league. He's worth £3m easily based on what we saw last season.

I think you are missing one of those sarcastic rolly eye type thingys. He was one of the few bright sparks of last season. Decent CB's are extremely hard to find and make all the difference in this long ball league. He's worth £3m easily based on what we saw last season.
who cares, I think us gimps talk too much, tomorrow when I meet my freinds in the pub before the game I garauntee we won't be analysing such things, football is fun, thats all it is fun, you don't have to be a footy fan, just have fun with it, sort of like kevin phillips wife.

Well I would be willing to wager that if there was a poll of who we should keep, Killer would come out on top...

I suspect there would be a serious proviso of `if he stays fit' besides there are two positions and Davies would be almost everyones second choice (if not first)

You all must be nuts, when Killer's knee gives out, i.e. in about 4 matches time... what defence will we have!? Perry aged 203, Thomas usless wassock, Surman the central midfielder, some schoolkids.

Davies is an absolute priority to keep.

You all must be nuts, when Killer's knee gives out, i.e. in about 4 matches time... what defence will we have!? Perry aged 203, Thomas usless wassock, Surman the central midfielder, some schoolkids.

Davies is an absolute priority to keep.

I must be nuts but to accuse everyone of being nuts is nuts becasue the majority are up in arms and ready to jump off the itchen bridge, personally I feel people should relax a tad.

This is the same paper that has had us taken over on several occasions, believe what you will I think it is a load of crap.

I really do hope so as personally we could lose most of the others mentioned on high wages but always thought the team would be built around Davies.

Not only for his play but for his character and determination. Maybe its money or maybe its he himself wants to go back to the premier for one year.

On the other hand you might just be right as there is no official confirmation.

Then again no one wants Bradley even on a gimme because of his wages.

Lets hope and pray MS stays sound or its bring on the young uns.

This is the same paper that has had us taken over on several occasions, believe what you will I think it is a load of crap.

Let's hope you are right about that. If Rudi S was worth a million if he went to Ipswich, then surely Davies must be worth twice that; especially to a premiership club. (Even one that will be back down next year.)

ps If Davies were to refuse to go- assuming this RUMOUR has foundation- would Davies be sent to train with the kids?:rolleyes:

This news doesnt surprise me in the slightest. As I said earlier, no-one is safe from being sold. Lowe will accept any bid for any player he deems reasonable.

I wonder if Davies "recovery from injury" has been taking longer than expected for a reason.........

The reaactions on here are fascinating, and take one of three forms:

1. Told-you-sos

2. People who up till now who were basically saying "In Lowe We Trust", who have simply forgotten the nature of the man over the past 2 years but have now had a rude re-awakening

3. The bizarrest of the lot considering Killer's fragile situation, that claim "We dont need Andrew Davies anyway", just to toe the party line...

Whichever, I hope some of you have woken up to the fact that Division 1 football next season is a real prospect. But never mind, as long as the books balance for 5minutes this season, eh ????????????