Stoke v Saints Match Thread

ALWAYS_SFC

Propaganda football again. As a defensive tactic, it works because most of the match we've been in their half. But we don't look like scoring if we played all week.

This brand of football is so so so dull. We were spoilt by Adkins and Poch and Koeman at least kept the goals coming even with slightly less pretty football...having been spoilt in recent years this is hard to watch.

Always tough to beat a team that will be happy with a point being down to 10, need a goal

and they will have to come out

The thing is though they are not playing all out defence. They are creating as much as we are. We are doing what we always do. Keep possesion and create little.

I dont understand why we keep trying to cross it from the wings when we have Redmond and Boufal in the box and we havent scored with a header all season - we just waste the opportunity and the lack of forward movement off the ball in and around their box is a joke

Martina might as well not be on the pitch, he's the worst player out there. Should really be winning this one now and we need to offer something dangerous down the left side of the pitch.

Watching Redmond playing close to Boufal you can really see the vast difference in quality. Sorry to say but Redmond looks to be a waste of money based on his season so far.

I think we've looked pretty decent. Just need players to either:

1) drive the ball in to feet.

2) make decent runs into the box for Boufal, Redmond and Bertrand to pass to.

The moves break down when we go for high crosses or when players just stand and watch Redmond looking for an open man to pass to.

On the replay of the Boufal incident, you can see that Martina goes over to say something to the lino. I wonder if this is why they are booing Martina, because they think he persuaded the officials to send him off? #clutchingatstraws #benefitofthedoubt

Nah he probably said, "this is great, I get to play with Premier League players.......and then at the end of the month......they pay me!!!".