General election? June 8th?

trousers

Tory majority of about 60.

Labour will grow their vote share driven by the "pile it high" strategy they've employed, touring round already Labour strongholds, preaching to the converted - 10k turn up at a rally in the north-east? What a hero. Easier to pile on 5k votes there than get similar numbers of votes to try and swing an actual Midlands marginal where he goes down like a bucket of cold sick.

UKIP will troop to the Tories and May will have an easy-ish night despite a complete balls up of a campaign. She will prove just how easy it is to beat Corbyn.

Lib Dems will be looking for a new leader on Friday. Being that 20% of their parliamentary party will have already been leader it'll be a pretty narrow pool.

Tory majority of about 60.

Labour will grow their vote share driven by the "pile it high" strategy they've employed, touring round already Labour strongholds, preaching to the converted - 10k turn up at a rally in the north-east? What a hero. Easier to pile on 5k votes there than get similar numbers of votes to try and swing an actual Midlands marginal where he goes down like a bucket of cold sick.

UKIP will troop to the Tories and May will have an easy-ish night despite a complete balls up of a campaign. She will prove just how easy it is to beat Corbyn.

Lib Dems will be looking for a new leader on Friday. Being that 20% of their parliamentary party will have already been leader it'll be a pretty narrow pool.

Corbyn is about to address a big rally in Birmingham.. a seat that already has a 21k Labour majority......

you can hear it now, cries of an 'unfair' and 'rigged' system when he loses

Corbyn is about to address a big rally in Birmingham.. a seat that already has a 21k Labour majority......

you can hear it now, cries of an 'unfair' and 'rigged' system when he loses

What about the riots, smashed windows and blood on the streets? What's happened to that?

Just saying, but on Peston on Sunday Corbyn said Abbott was his spokes person on the issue but the cabinet and Home Sec would be decided after and if he won.

So what are you saying? Vote Corbyn and we might get someone else as home secretary? In other words, vote Corbynism but fingers crossed if he wins it might get watered down.

You might as well vote Tory.

So what are you saying? Vote Corbyn and we might get someone else as home secretary? In other words, vote Corbynism but fingers crossed if he wins it might get watered down.

You might as well vote Tory.

Vote Labour and they may decide not to give Abbott a cabinet position or vote Tory and she will definitely not get one.

As I said, I was just saying. People are calling on Corbyn to dump Abbott. To do so 2 days before the election would show weak leadership. He has implied by his comments he is taking the people's concerns seriously.

Don't vote Tory.

Try owning your choice then. You want Corbyn, you get Diane Abbott as home secretary. Own it.

I've never said I don't want Dianne Abbott. I don't know enough about her, but if she gets up Batman's nose she can't be all bad.

Policies not Personalities.

As I said, I was just saying. People are calling on Corbyn to dump Abbott. To do so 2 days before the election would show weak leadership. He has implied by his comments he is taking the people's concerns seriously.

Don't vote Tory.

are you suggesting Corbyn is about to u-turn in order to buy votes?

are you suggesting Corbyn is about to u-turn?

I'm also perfectly aware that the media spending all day talking about Abbott is a new front of attack on Corbyn. He's shrugged off their bias so they've moved onto a perceived easier target.

BBC bias. The Tory election broadcasts, every hour, on the hour.

I'm also perfectly aware that the media spending all day talking about Abbott is a new front of attack on Corbyn. He's shrugged off their bias so they've moved onto a perceived easier target.

BBC bias. The Tory election broadcasts, every hour, on the hour.

was that a yes or a no?

Don't vote Tory.

Can you share those comments so we can see what he said because I think all I remember him saying was a vague platitude about how he will appoint his shadow cabinet when the time comes. What did he say that shows he was taking people's comments seriously?

Can you share those comments so we can see what he said because I think all I remember him saying was a vague platitude about how he will appoint his shadow cabinet when the time comes. What did he say that shows he was taking people's comments seriously?

That's up to the listener to decide.

I've never said I don't want Dianne Abbott. I don't know enough about her, but if she gets up Batman's nose she can't be all bad.

Policies not Personalities.

So you say you want Diane Abbott but are desperately leaping on the flimsiest, vaguest throwaway comment from Corbyn as proof that she won't get the job, and that the prospect of Diane Abbott as Home Secretary is something that has to be "taken seriously". But you don't not want her.

Odd, to say the least.

So you say you want Diane Abbott but are desperately leaping on the flimsiest, vaguest throwaway comment from Corbyn as proof that she won't get the job, and that the prospect of Diane Abbott as Home Secretary is something that has to be "taken seriously". But you don't not want her.

Odd, to say the least.

Me saying I never said I don't want Dianne Abbott doesn't mean I said I want Dianne Abbott.

I can see the Tories getting over a 100 seat majority. The sooner this pointless election is out of the way the better, the last month should have been spent negotiating with European leaders not dicking about campaigning for an election that was only called to benefit the Conservative party.

At least there can be no excuses from May now if we don't get a good deal on Brexit. If it all goes tits up its 100% a Tory **** up.

The Tories had a lead of 6% over Labour last time and only got an overall majority of 14. They'd need a lead of something like 9% or more to get a majority like that.

Pony

Labour's % will be inflated by winning big in areas they already hold. The Tories will eat into their marginal seats and win dozens and dozens of them. If there's a 10% swing to the Tories it will be an absolute disaster for labour. 140 territory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And out of interest, which lucky party will have the honour of your vote this time around?

We will have to see. There isn't a Labour party not run by an absolute cretin available to me so I am struggling as I have already said.

I live in a seat with 12k Tory majority so my vote is worthless so I will most likely make a small contribution to Caroline Lucas's vote share and subsequent funding. The only thing I know for certain is I won't vote Tory or Corbyn.

We will have to see. There isn't a Labour party not run by an absolute cretin available to me so I am struggling as I have already said.

I live in a seat with 12k Tory majority so my vote is worthless so I will most likely make a small contribution to Caroline Lucas's vote share and subsequent funding. The only thing I know for certain is I won't vote Tory or Corbyn.

Thanks for the straight answer. Verbal could learn from you.

Hmmmm.......

Not sure if that's true

Its not, as has been obvious since yesterday when it was in all the dailies. It does however prove two things - Abbott IS ill and she refuses to lie or make political capital out of it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/06/diane-abbott-appears-fall-victim-hoax-email-conversation-online/

Edited by buctootim

Its not, as has been obvious since yesterday when it was in all the dailies. It does however prove two things - Abbott IS ill and she refuses to lie or make political capital out of it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/06/diane-abbott-appears-fall-victim-hoax-email-conversation-online/

That reads to me as if she isn't ill. Especially as she alludes that adding colour would easily be disproved.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Which part of "I have enjoyed good health until recent years. Diabetes in itself...." were you outsmarted by?

Which part of "I am worried about telling untruths about my health which are easily disproved." were you outsmarted by?

Which part of "I am worried about telling untruths about my health which are easily disproved." were you outsmarted by?

You really are that dumb, wow. The other part of the email conversation is a hoaxer. She is asked to add colour / lie by the hoaxer and refuses.

You really are that dumb, wow. The other part of the email conversation is a hoaxer. She is asked to add colour / lie by the hoaxer and refuses.

I'm not the one with the issue decoding the English language.

"I have enjoyed good health until recent years. Diabetes in itself...."

That reads to me as if she isn't ill

I'm not the one with the issue decoding the English language

Even your own insults contradict you ffs.

Edited by buctootim

I suppose the subtlety is whether she refuses because of the risk of being found to lie or does she refuse because she thinks it is wrong to lie?

- "I am worried about telling untruths", would do the trick.

- "I am worried about telling untruths which are easily disproved", does, perhaps, beg some further questions.

Personally, I would give her the benefit of the doubt and say "fair play" on this one.

I suppose the subtlety is whether she refuses because of the risk of being found to lie or does she refuse because she thinks it is wrong to lie?

Thats true. We all use diplomatic language in corresponding with work colleagues. Its more conciliatory to suggest "Oh I think I can see a problem with that approach" than directly calling out somebody for suggesting dishonesty.

Dont put down to guile, that which you can put down to incompetence.

We all know shes incompetent and i think even she realises it.

Anyway, where has the shadow chancellor been over the last few weeks. Is he ill too???

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Anyway, where has the shadow chancellor been over the last few weeks. Is he ill too???

McDonnell was on World at one today.

Abbotts replacement stood down from her home Sec brief earlier in parliament, she stated she had no confidence in Jezza. If she had no confidence in him, why should the voters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk