Prediction for this season

whelk

Hard to say where we'll end up. You'd hope the Sevilla game would give us more consistency with the line up for Swansea and might have more of an idea overall. Midfield options apart from OR and JWP are still terrible and very light at CB. Could be 04/05 again with the holes in midfield, needs to be a very busy week for Ross Wilson.

Puel is going to suffer the same fate on here as an injured player - viewed as infinitely better when not around and forgetting the absolute garbage they serve up the majority of the time.

Good job we keep records & can refer to league tables isn't it. Players performance is subjective, league position isn't

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally, for me as I'm sure others as well, the difference between finishing 8th or 12th is minimal and if it meant see more goals scored and gaining more points (which obviously means more wins and / or draws), i'd rather finish 12th.

You'd rather see more win and/or draws but finish lower in the table?

Nuff said

Nuff said

Nuff said

Why is this such a ridiculous thing to say? As a spectator, yes I'd rather see more wins and more goals than we got last season. If this year the league is more competitive and we end up finishing a place or two lower but ultimately record more points than last year then so be it. It's not as if we actually use league position to our advantage anyway. We've had a sixth placed finish and that was followed by a big regression in both managerial appointment and quality of playing staff. We finished eighth last year and we've been a bit slow off the mark this year to put it mildly. It won't make much difference to the kind of player we sign whether we finish 8th or 12th. If we finish 8th we are still prone to being outbid by teams with more cash that finished below us (West Ham, Leicester etc). We will still be attractive to "stepping stone" players and they won't, IMO, care if we finished 8th or 10th the season before.

As things stand right now I think mid to lower mid table.

I think that we have decent fire power up front provided Austin\Gabi stay fit and Redmond gives us some service, midfield is going to rely heavily on Romeu and defence looks a bit leaky through the centre.

Strikers will have to have their shooting boots on because I can see us shipping a few. Could be some exciting games this season, we'll see.

Puel is going to suffer the same fate on here as an injured player - viewed as infinitely better when not around and forgetting the absolute garbage they serve up the majority of the time.

To be fair I think we will,only get a good idea of how good he was when we see what this new manager can do with the same players.

His style was dull but most outsiders thought we were nuts to sack a manager who got us 8th and to a cup final. The end of season was poor but only Man Utd played more games than us last year, and our team was the second youngest (behind only Spurs) so maybe they just ran out of steam.

To be fair I think we will,only get a good idea of how good he was when we see what this new manager can do with the same players.

Exactly. But the goon squad will go out of their way to devise criteria showing MP will be better. Me, I'll stick to league position & cup runs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...