Eric Black resigns.....

tisspahars

if he's off for a week or two fine, but realistically if somepne wants extended leave without pay that would rarely be given. try it and see where you get. npne of my staff have, not because they were not valuable emplpyees but because you cant live with temporary staff indefinitely

Presumably we have to pay up his contract in any case!

His record is appalling

Celtic with John Barnes :mcinnes:

Black was assistant manager to Steve Kean at Blackburn Rovers - Blackburn relegated

He then went to Blackpool to support Barry Ferguson - Blackpool won only three of their twenty games

Next he goes to Wigan (July 2014) - Wigan relegated to league 1

Next up was Rotherham - Black was named as first team coach of Championship side Rotherham United (July 15) - They won just 6 of the 30 games he was there and were rock bottom. He left and Rotherham appointed Neil Warnock - the final 13 games Rotherham went W6, D5 L2 and stayed up.

Next was Villa - first team coach and then temp manager. Villa relegated

SFC next and its been decline, decline, decline

If that's correct that's a shit load of circumstantial evidence that he's crap, and we are well rid of him. At the very least I think it's safe to say we haven't lost a brilliant coach.

I have no evidence to confirm this of course, but perhaps the reason he was popular with the players was that he didn't push them overly hard in training???

Just a thought.

My thoughts too. And it could've undermined a manager who's trying to push them harder. It's a bit like one parent letting their kid eat junk food all day, and the other trying to get him to eat his veggies and lay off the Mars bars and crisps. A losing battle.

Any resemblance to the Munster family is purely coincidental.

The fans wanted change, they've got change. We will find out soon enough if this change proves beneficial or not. As others have pointed out Black seems to have had a track record of being associated with failure and maybe there is a problem with his coaching and he has been the makeweight to bring in somebody new? Maybe another of Pellegrino's old muckers?

Seems an odd thing to have happened in isolation so chances are other things are afoot.

If the club hesitate in bringing in a replacement coach, that could be a sign that Pellegrino’s position isn’t secure.

If the club hesitate in bringing in a replacement coach, that could be a sign that Pellegrino’s position isn’t secure.

How many coaches do you need to train 22 grown men, who profess to know how to kick a ball. By my reckoning, there will be four coaches without Black.

How many coaches do you need to train 22 grown men, who profess to know how to kick a ball. By my reckoning, there will be four coaches without Black.

How true. Kelvin is taking his coaching badges I believe, so surely he will be able to fill the void on a permanent basis. He is an experienced ex-player and we are told he has great motivational abilities.

If that's correct that's a shit load of circumstantial evidence that he's crap, and we are well rid of him. At the very least I think it's safe to say we haven't lost a brilliant coach.
At least when we brick up all the borders to foreign workers, the agricultural industry will know where to come for expert cherry pickers.

How true. Kelvin is taking his coaching badges I believe, so surely he will be able to fill the void on a permanent basis. He is an experienced ex-player and we are told he has great motivational abilities.

He became a coach/player liaison person in summer 2016 and ever since then our players motivation hasn’t been great has it!

May well be a coincidence, but...

He became a coach/player liaison person in summer 2016 and ever since then our players motivation hasn’t been great has it!

May well be a coincidence, but...

Somone that's seen as the players friend will never be able to motivate them it's common sense!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I have no evidence to confirm this of course, but perhaps the reason he was popular with the players was that he didn't push them overly hard in training???

Just a thought.

It does remind me of frequent quotes made during our relegation year. Easy going managers and trainers will always be quoted as being popular, but this does not necessarily mean respected.

When Gordon Strachan became manager, his first summer training was particularly gruelling hard work for the players. But they became fit and he was respected. Then we went downhill after he left because of sloppy management and training by a succession of 'popular' incompetents. Let's hope that our next manager and assistants that Les appoints have the drive, skills and character that Strachan had.

To be fair any influence he did have wasn't going to disappear over night.

Pretty naff coach by all accounts, should have gone in the summer - our new manager should have been strong enough to say so, but the club wanted to keep the Watsons/Black's around.