Eric Black resigns.....

tisspahars

Hmmm.

The 'popular with players and staff' line is always going to be said. Doubt we'd ever see a statement saying 'xxxx was viewed as a total knob by all at the club'.

His record is terrible though and surely we can do better?

*Conspiracy Theories Switched On!* - I wonder if the club noticed the fans view of him and this is some kind vague way to address the general discontent about MP?

Hmmm.

The 'popular with players and staff' line is always going to be said. Doubt we'd ever see a statement saying 'xxxx was viewed as a total knob by all at the club'.

His record is terrible though and surely we can do better?

*Conspiracy Theories Switched On!* - I wonder if the club noticed the fans view of him and this is some kind vague way to address the general discontent about MP?

It would be quite easy to put out a suitable statement without saying he was popular. It just happens to be true.

I have no evidence to confirm this of course, but perhaps the reason he was popular with the players was that he didn't push them overly hard in training???

Just a thought.

Similar situation with Bilic and WHU apparently...

There's no evidence that Black was a part of the problem with Saints form but he's one major common factor from last season to this. That and his awful reputation at Villa are simply circumstantial, if not damning, evidence for the prosecution. I guess the coming months might offer another clue.

My sisters boyfriend is an ex professional footballer- played against saints the lucky b*stard- and I found his insights really interesting. According to him, the best coaches and managers are the ones who can have a laugh and a joke, let everyone go out and have a drink but who you know that if you go too far will crucify you.

Apparently him and some of his team mates got involved in a fight in a club in the early hours. The manager came out strongly and condemned them whilst behind closed doors his only concern was that they were stupid enough to do it in public and he wanted to make sure that they all backed each other up. He reckons the authoritarian managers and coaches had little chance of success because the players wouldn't play for them. Would be interesting to know Black's style in this regard.

It would be quite easy to put out a suitable statement without saying he was popular. It just happens to be true.

Well from what I've been told, by people in the game (outside of saints), he's certainly not a 'fine coach'.

As for the players liking him, (from what I've been told) I know a certain ex captain didn't get on all that well with him.

Certainly a **** and ball excuse to leave mid-season. Clearly that’s not the real reason for his departure.

Maybe Les will take a hands-on roll. They do XXL tracksuits.

What do you think the real reason is then?

Why does a football club need to fabricate a story for the departure of a managerial assistant? It's not that important to lie about is it?

I'm yet to see any good evidence from those that wanted Eric Black out of the club that he was a negative impact on the squad. We simply don't know and it is jumping to conclusions to say you do know. If anything his influence this season decreased, as he was demoted from assistant manager under Puel to 1st team coach under Pellegrino. Seems some people just want to find scapegoats!

white-scapegoat-t-shirt.jpg

I'm yet to see any good evidence from those that wanted Eric Black out of the club that he was a negative impact on the squad. We simply don't know and it is jumping to conclusions to say you do know. If anything his influence this season decreased, as he was demoted from assistant manager under Puel to 1st team coach under Pellegrino.

Seems some people just want to find scapegoats!

white-scapegoat-t-shirt.jpg

His record is appalling

Celtic with John Barnes :mcinnes:

Black was assistant manager to Steve Kean at Blackburn Rovers - Blackburn relegated

He then went to Blackpool to support Barry Ferguson - Blackpool won only three of their twenty games

Next he goes to Wigan (July 2014) - Wigan relegated to league 1

Next up was Rotherham - Black was named as first team coach of Championship side Rotherham United (July 15) - They won just 6 of the 30 games he was there and were rock bottom. He left and Rotherham appointed Neil Warnock - the final 13 games Rotherham went W6, D5 L2 and stayed up.

Next was Villa - first team coach and then temp manager. Villa relegated

SFC next and its been decline, decline, decline