The legacy of Kat, Ralph and Reed

Daft Kerplunk

Sisu.
Exactly, Coventry City. I agree with CB on this one but I just can't be assed to argue the point. As far as I'm concerned the Liebherr's found us in league one and left us in the championship.

When you've been watching Saints for as long as I have you know that sh it happens. Relegation is gutting, but it ain't the end of the world, come next season we'll kick off in the championship and ill be there with the boy shouting our heads off. It's just a different ride at the end of the day.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Fenway Sports loaned Liverpool money at 1%. That interest actually goes to paying back the banks and not Fenway themselves. They don't financially gain from the loan. They do however gain from the increased valuation of assets that the loan was spent on. Also didn't they write off a £70m loan?

As for Man Utd I haven't got a clue about their finances and don't really care. But if you google football owners writes off debts I'm sure your find a whole load of them.

In regards to the I want the club to spend, spend, spend thing I don't think nor believe that at all. Spending money for the sake of spending money is wrong. You have to live within your means. But when you look at our club and where that money is going you have to wonder what's going on? £50k a week for an inexperienced player like Stephens? New contracts being handed out even though they are not deserved? Is the club on a safe financial footing or is it relying on a strategy of player sales?

The high finishes were great and showed that a club our size could compete. Look at Leicester winning it. But for me those finishes will mean little if we go down, are in financial trouble and in the wilderness for a very longtime like other clubs have.

Simply because they could and should have been avoided. They came about because of the people in charge of the club totally ****ing up. And Kat was involved in those decisions.

Fenway are not owners that are going to put money in and expect nothing back. They're not and you know it. And neither are the Glazers which you also know but you "don't care" because it doesn't fit your point. Because you're wrong of course.

Most owners try and run their clubs within their means rather than pour money in and expect nothing back. That's what "Most owners" do.

Most debt write offs involve converting loans into equity, ie they still own the club (or more of the club). That's generally how it works.

Edited by CB Fry

Must admit that I don't pop in here as regularly as some but I seem to recall a discussion of some pledges some weeks back. Did anything come of them?

I guess they'd have to be rewritten anyway given the pending relegation.

Must admit that I don't pop in here as regularly as some but I seem to recall a discussion of some pledges some weeks back. Did anything come of them?

I guess they'd have to be rewritten anyway given the pending relegation.

nope. it was Ralph who said it, so........

I care about Saints sunshine. What I don't do is act like a whining blubbering man-baby.

Show a bit if gratitude at the good fortune we had to have the Leibherr money and what that did and has done for for us. Markus's daughter owes you nothing. And being that you are an excellent example of the self-entitled grizzling toddler football fan I don't blame her for a second on trying to get the hell out of it.

While you pompously chat sh it about how the city has been damaged, just think about cities like Sheffield and Derby and Bristol and Leeds and Sunderland and Coventry and Nottingham that just about manage to get up in the morning with no Premier League football cub. Our brilliant city will also survive but not with the snivelling wet blankets like you representing it.

Try manning the fu ck up.

Best way to win an argument is to resort to petty childish insults. I wish I was you. Actually no I don’t because you don’t come across as particularly nice individual and you act like the only person who is right. That’s never a good quality in a human being.

I’m far from a bed wetter, I was there today as I have been all season. Some of just are just intelligent enough to not have the wool pulled over our eyes. Think about it whilst you just tow the party line. Thinking for yourself could be good do you.

Anyway, that’s my three posts so night honey bunny

Katharina Leibherr can do what the fu ck she likes and doesn't owe you anything.

I agree with a lot of the things you say on here and this is also true. However, she also said that this Chinese joker will take us on to the next level which she almost certainly would have known was complete bo!!ocks. Precisely zero fu**s given.

as she leaves, her legacy will be heavily tarnished with a completely self inflicted relegation. Partly due to her sale of the club to a lunatic

The sale to Gao didn't relegate us, it's the mind-numbing incompetence and catalogue of disastrous decisions by Reed and co. over the last 2 seasons that did that. Plenty of time to blame Kat/Gao if we do a Coventry in a few years time.

At the end of the day we're just a passive bunch of c*nts who've accepted all this ******** and let them get away with it.

I can only imagine the uproar at other clubs if this kind of thing went on. Selling player after player and degrading the squad was only ever going to lead to this.

We should have kicked off a long time ago. Too late now mind. Shame.

I'll always be grateful to Kat for the sensible way she managed the club and the great memories of her spell in charge.

As for Ralph I don't really see what he does, so can't really judge.

As for Les legacy. I'll look back on a few good years ruined by poor decisions the past year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At the end of the day we're just a passive bunch of c*nts who've accepted all this ******** and let them get away with it.

I can only imagine the uproar at other clubs if this kind of thing went on. Selling player after player and degrading the squad was only ever going to lead to this.

That it isn’t it.

I know there is a natural order in football, but outside of Leeds and Pompey never has a club sold as many of their best players in such a short space of time

And fans actually lapped it up. People on here were saying it is because we were just too good and no other club came close.

Yeah, right

Les managed to orchestrate a relegation in a league where there are 11 teams (currently) worse than This Everton side

Think about that for a moment!

Edited by Batman

Agreed!! Our "fans" is gutless. But be careful you'll be getting a PM now from forum hardmen aka the Mitchell brothers aka Micky and OttawaSaint

You critisise the fan base and the Mitchell bros will call you nasty names :lol:

When you consider all the players we’ve sold and who we have sold them to I don’t think for any other team outside the top 6 it would have been much different.

Everyone in the PL outside that top 6 are always at risk of relegation, it doesn’t need much to go wrong.

The main reason for relegation was sat on the bench/in the stands yesterday (Redmond, Boufal, Lemina, Carrillo, Gabbiadini). If all that lot come in and perform significantly below expectations trouble is inevitable......

When you consider all the players we’ve sold and who we have sold them to I don’t think for any other team outside the top 6 it would have been much different.

Everyone in the PL outside that top 6 are always at risk of relegation, it doesn’t need much to go wrong.

The main reason for relegation was sat on the bench/in the stands yesterday (Redmond, Boufal, Lemina, Carrillo, Gabbiadini). If all that lot come in and perform significantly below expectations trouble is inevitable......

You are right and we slipped into an arrogant complacency. It didn't happen overnight. I coined the phrase some years ago 'sleepwalking' to relegation and many people (including the Sunday Times), are now using the same phrase.

I don't agree with C.B. Fry's attitude attitude that an owner can do wtf he or she likes with a football club. Only someoe who has no piride or any real interest in his football club would talk like that. It is a privelege to be in charge of a club which represents a community, and most owners feel a sense of responsibility to the fans whose club they are entrusted with. Instead, she has made more money out of this football club than just about any other owner in the history of football and even the mainstream media are now begining to use the term asset-stripping to describe what she has done. Her father was a different matter and I have total respect for what he did for us. He earned it.
This nails it as far as I'm concerned. Funny CB talking about man-ing up etc and that our city will survive, he doesn't even live there. He is up north somewhere, the best export the city ever did. lol

Marcus is the man ho deserves our respect Kat and co deserve nothing as they did it for money. CB says she owes us nothing, well I and the majority have invested more in the club than she ever did, yes she put up returned interest backed money, but we have put our emotions and lives, let alone the massive amount we have spent following the club.

The sale to Gao didn't relegate us, it's the mind-numbing incompetence and catalogue of disastrous decisions by Reed and co. over the last 2 seasons that did that. Plenty of time to blame Kat/Gao if we do a Coventry in a few years time.

Yes "it's the mind-numbing incompetence and catalogue of disastrous decisions by Reed and co. over the last 2 seasons". It is ALL the bad decisions that will relegate us and Reed was either involved in or took every bad decision.

You are right and we slipped into an arrogant complacency. It didn't happen overnight. I coined the phrase some years ago 'sleepwalking' to relegation and many people (including the Sunday Times), are now using the same phrase.

You’re going a bit far there again. Like 14 other premier league clubs if our recruitment process let’s us down we’re in trouble..... I presume the same process that gave us Wanyama (who did get some stick I recall) and Mané has given us Lemina & Boufal (both of whom clearly have talent). It just hasn’t worked out.

You’re going a bit far there again. Like 14 other premier league clubs if our recruitment process let’s us down we’re in trouble..... I presume the same process that gave us Wanyama (who did get some stick I recall) and Mané has given us Lemina & Boufal (both of whom clearly have talent). It just hasn’t worked out.

Hmmm...I think we took risks on players that were well short of the ones we replaced. This gradually reduced our effectiveness and the slow decline 'sleepwalk' had begun. No-one seemed to be able to wake the club up and the alarm bells though strong, were not close enough to those that led the club.

Hmmm...I think we took risks on players that were well short of the ones we replaced. This gradually reduced our effectiveness and the slow decline 'sleepwalk' had begun. No-one seemed to be able to wake the club up and the alarm bells though strong, were not close enough to those that led the club.

Les must know that he messed up big time

He refuses to give an interview to the Echo

He is in hiding but he must know the fans

will turn on him when the last game is over

We really can't go in to the Summer with Les

in charge again. The Chinese bloke knows

nothing about football but he does know he

just lost a £100m.

If Les stays it will be the same late signings,

total silence to the fans, selling anybody he can

on the instructions of the board

Les is old past his sell by date time for a change