The United Kingdom and the Death of Boris Johnson as we know it.

CB Fry

SWF (Non Legally Binding) General Election  

193 members have voted

1. 1. SWF (Non Legally Binding) General Election

• Conservatives
    • Labour
    • Liberals
    • UKIP
    • Green
    • Brexit
    • Change UK
    • Other

2 hours ago, Tamesaint said:

I wonder how much longer this Johnson government can continue. 

The Guardian calls this past week in government an "omnishambles".... but they of course are a "lefty" rag so they would wouldn't they? The Times is openly taking the piss out of hapless Williamson and Mail headlines told him to "get a grip".... both a bit more concerning for Johnson. The time for him to really worry however is when the Telegraph, the newspaper for which until recently he used to write and which has in the past been such a loyal supporter, talks about "the stench of incompetence" that surrounds the Government. 

Wow, who knew, newspapers print stories to sell their product (and in turn increase advertising revenue).  Next you'll be trying to convince us that newspaper editors have morals and standards :rolleyes:

10 hours ago, Hockey_saint said:

So Gove basically went and did a kaiser Wilhelm then....sad. Either way, Cummings is in a party that....to quote him....it's on record...hate working class people and oddly enough he's behind an algorithm that totally screws their kids; you can carry on defending him and his ilk but it just makes you look like an a-typical "all lives matter......but who cares about that stupid Sudanese kid" tory.

OK, so you won't admit that you got it wrong about Gove and Cummings not having gone to Eton, so you're going off on some obscure tangent instead. Gove did a Kaiser Wilhelm? Are you feeling alright?

14 minutes ago, Wes Tender said:

OK, so you won't admit that you got it wrong about Gove and Cummings not having gone to Eton, so you're going off on some obscure tangent instead. Gove did a Kaiser Wilhelm? Are you feeling alright?

You don't know the example that's ok. Kinda used to ignorant tories. Basically Wilhelm's mother was English...the daughter of Queen Victoria; his father was very liberal and he basically turned on both of them as too soft and left wing and went mental in a nutty nationalistic way like you tories at the minute.....Thought you might know your history but either way, they're basically kapos because, as I pointed out and so did Cummings, this Durham educated ...person...has hopped into bed with the type I suggest.

49 minutes ago, Hockey_saint said:

You don't know the example that's ok. Kinda used to ignorant tories. Basically Wilhelm's mother was English...the daughter of Queen Victoria; his father was very liberal and he basically turned on both of them as too soft and left wing and went mental in a nutty nationalistic way like you tories at the minute.....Thought you might know your history but either way, they're basically kapos because, as I pointed out and so did Cummings, this Durham educated ...person...has hopped into bed with the type I suggest.

You really have lost it, haven't you? There was no need at all to explain the history, I  probably know as much history as you. What I questioned was the bizarre reason why you felt the need to go off on a complete tangent rabbiting on about Kaiser Wilhelm to deflect from the fact that your knowledge about Cummings' and Goves' places of education was incorrect.

2 hours ago, LGTL said:

Is Boris actually still alive?

Oh yes. Most definitely. He is "camping". Well there is a tent in the garden of the house where he is staying. The thought of a 55 year old bloke, who from the size of his belly clearly enjoys fine dining, taking his girlfriend, his 3 month old baby and dog on a camping holiday stetches credibility. Mind you some people believed the Barnard Castle eye test theory so they will believe anything. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Here's the article about Boris's amazing list of peers including a family member and loads of his mates. Wonder what Wes has to say about this? 

https://www.private-eye.co.uk/hp-sauce

What has that got to do with my response to Hockey_saint getting it wrong believing that Cummings and Gove went to Eton?

The Private Eye article makes some valid and cutting points, but then again, they could equally attempt to be satirical about many awards of peerages in the past, regardless of what political shade of party made them. Just have a look at the number of Lib Dumb peers there are when the party has just 11 MPs. I'm all for abolishing the HOL myself, so it's not really a good subject to attempt to show me up on.

20 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Not sure there any many propespective employers that pay a blind bit of attention to GCSE results, especially now that education has to continue for two years beyond GCSE results...

I employ people & don’t take a blind bit of notice of their exam results. They’ve all been dumbed down so far that most are irrelevant. University education is going the same way, 20+ years ago if a graduate sat in front of me it meant something , now they’re all fucking going. I look at the school they attended, university they went to, and then how they come across at interview. There are other things considered if it’s a chick, but that’s better left unwritten. The other thing that’s become meaningless is references from a previous employer. 

1 hour ago, Wes Tender said:

What has that got to do with my response to Hockey_saint getting it wrong believing that Cummings and Gove went to Eton?

The Private Eye article makes some valid and cutting points, but then again, they could equally attempt to be satirical about many awards of peerages in the past, regardless of what political shade of party made them. Just have a look at the number of Lib Dumb peers there are when the party has just 11 MPs. I'm all for abolishing the HOL myself, so it's not really a good subject to attempt to show me up on.

It had nothing to do with your response to Hockey Saint. I was just interested in your opinion seeing as you seem to be the main defender of Boris and his shambles of a government.

Private Eye has always held the Government to account on their award of peerages. No different this year, although of course Boris is on record as wanting to reduce the number of people in the Lord's but then went and stuck a load of his mates in there.

41 minutes ago, The Cat said:

It had nothing to do with your response to Hockey Saint. I was just interested in your opinion seeing as you seem to be the main defender of Boris and his shambles of a government.

Private Eye has always held the Government to account on their award of peerages. No different this year, although of course Boris is on record as wanting to reduce the number of people in the Lord's but then went and stuck a load of his mates in there.

Well, you have my view on the House of Lords, a repository for failed and has-been politicians, party stooges and donors, post career Civil Servants,  pontificating clerics, and landed gentry aristos.

As for Boris and the current government, my main interest concerns their handling of the post Brexit talks with the EU regarding our future relationship with them. There, Frost is playing a blinder, sticking to his guns.

Regarding other policies, things of course would have been very different had it not been for the Chinese virus. The economy was thriving until then. Personally I don't think Labour would have handled it any better. For the media, with half the country still under lock down and it being the summer with no sport or other distractions to report on, the media can indulge themselves in a full tilt smear campaign on the government in a vain effort to keep their flagging sales going. I don't pay too much attention to it and I suspect that many others don't either.

2 hours ago, Wes Tender said:

I never said once Cummings went to Eton. I said he's definitely putting himself in a group with an awful lot of people who did. He has also openly admitted that group don't give to stuffs about working people....it's on record. So you don't like long-winding examples....fine but he's probably more like Harry Enfield's tory boy anyhow. I just find your defence of the indefensible a bit odd. Hopefully it'll blow up when Bannon blabs on all his far right mates....Cummings and Johnson being two of them.

54 minutes ago, Hockey_saint said:

Hopefully it'll blow up when Bannon blabs on all his far right mates....Cummings and Johnson being two of them.

#clueless.

What a load of pony, Johnson is not far right.

I await your long boring explanation of how you didn’t really mean Johnson, despite  naming him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Lord Duckhunter said:

#clueless.

I await your long boring explanation of how you didn’t really mean Johnson, despite  naming him. 

Hockey was probably a Corynista. Anybody to the right of him is far right by comparison. 

3 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

#clueless.

It's not really my problem that both you and Wes there have the attention span of a nat.

Either way, Johnson is a cock, a racist one. Gove is usually a coked up knob who, if he went to state school was probably not particularly popular but anyway, as Cummings says, unless you're rich, the party you tory boys support think you're a piece of crap so carry on trying to be all self-congratulatory but in the end, you're just divvies....who think a bunch of crooks can do no wrong and if you think Bannon has no links whatsoever to Johnson, Farage or the Tory/Brexit party, you're thick as mince. 

12 hours ago, Hockey_saint said:

It's not really my problem that both you and Wes there have the attention span of a nat.

Either way, Johnson is a cock, a racist one. Gove is usually a coked up knob who, if he went to state school was probably not particularly popular but anyway, as Cummings says, unless you're rich, the party you tory boys support think you're a piece of crap so carry on trying to be all self-congratulatory but in the end, you're just divvies....who think a bunch of crooks can do no wrong and if you think Bannon has no links whatsoever to Johnson, Farage or the Tory/Brexit party, you're thick as mince. 

Getting it wrong about Cummings' and Gove's education and it appears that there are serious deficiencies in yours, What is a nat? Is it the abbreviation for a nationalist?

As for your little clip, I thank you for posting that, as it gives context to the quote. It clearly says that "some Tory MPs" don't care about poorer people and the NHS. There are some MPs who appear to be less caring of sections of society in each party, less so in the LIb Dumb Party of course, as they hardly have any MPs. Regarding the leadership of the party, it didn't say that they thought along those lines, merely that there was a public perception that they did. So it might assist you to recognise that this video was three years old and that since then the Tories have won an election with one of the biggest majorities in modern times, winning seats in Labour's red wall constituencies that have never before elected Tory MPs. Perhaps they recognised that had Corbyn's Labour Party won, they would all be poorer

I think Hockey struggles with the concept that the Tory party is a broad church. To him they’re all raging right wingers. It’s a stunning example of where the Brexit debate has perverted the narrative and warped the debate. Some people equate voting to leave as a Tory, means you’re right wing. Presumably this is because the outriders pre UKIP we’re Bill Cash, Redwood & other right wing Tories, and the UKIP leadership was mainly drawn from the right. Therefore because Johnson voted to leave and is a Tory, in their simple minds this makes him “right wing”.

The fact is, he’s more liberal than Theresa May & certainly more liberal than Johnnie Major. He’s nearer Ken Clarke, Fat Pang & Grocer Heath’s idea of the Toryism, than IDS or The Great Lady’s. Him & Gove are Cameron Tories, Blue new labour, not right wing in any way shape or form. That’s why they’re making such a mess of everything, pinkos always do. They want to be all things to all men, won’t make tough decisions and are led by polls & focus groups. They’re part of the blob, the liberal soggy blob that’s governed us since the great lady was stabbed in the back. The membership need this lot to deliver Brexit, then find another Thatcher to radically reform the country. 

1 hour ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

I think Hockey struggles with the concept that the Tory party is a broad church. To him they’re all raging right wingers. It’s a stunning example of where the Brexit debate has perverted the narrative and warped the debate. Some people equate voting to leave as a Tory, means you’re right wing. Presumably this is because the outriders pre UKIP we’re Bill Cash, Redwood & other right wing Tories, and the UKIP leadership was mainly drawn from the right. Therefore because Johnson voted to leave and is a Tory, in their simple minds this makes him “right wing”.

The fact is, he’s more liberal than Theresa May & certainly more liberal than Johnnie Major. He’s nearer Ken Clarke, Fat Pang & Grocer Heath’s idea of the Toryism, than IDS or The Great Lady’s. Him & Gove are Cameron Tories, Blue new labour, not right wing in any way shape or form. That’s why they’re making such a mess of everything, pinkos always do. They want to be all things to all men, won’t make tough decisions and are led by polls & focus groups. They’re part of the blob, the liberal soggy blob that’s governed us since the great lady was stabbed in the back. The membership need this lot to deliver Brexit, then find another Thatcher to radically reform the country. 

😁😁😁

A strong candidate there for the "most deluded post of the year" title.

Reading this from one of the few ministers who served under Thatcher throughout her premiership may put "the great lady" into the proper context. 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2013/apr/09/ken-clarke-margaret-thatcher-rightwing

Edited by Tamesaint

5 hours ago, Tamesaint said:

😁😁😁

A strong candidate there for the "most deluded post of the year" title.

Reading this from one of the few ministers who served under Thatcher throughout her premiership may put "the great lady" into the proper context. 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2013/apr/09/ken-clarke-margaret-thatcher-rightwing

Ken Clarke was one of the wettest pro-Europeans in her government, and ever after, so it doesn't come as any surprise that he would want to be selective in his views on Maggie Thatcher's record as PM. He is correct  that she started out as very pro-Europe (as did many of us), but then she became quite the Euro-sceptic. Clarke wishes to airbrush that out of his personal memory, because it doesn't help his pro-Europe stance to have the greatest post-war PM adopting an anti-Europe position later in her Premiership, thus marginalising him and others as the wets of the party. When she fought to get us our rebate from the EEC, the newspapers happily carried cartoons of her hand-bagging Delors. Clarke reckons that her Bruges speech was pretty mild, but it was not seen as such at the time. The Bruges Group was formed the year after, with her as the Honorary President. She would hardly have wished to have been the figurehead of a group formed  to rally opinion against further and closer European  integration had she been pro-Europe at the time.  I also love Clarke's opinion suggesting also that it was some sort of myth that she loved cutting taxes. He appears to grudgingly admit that she made the first big cut, but wishes somehow to give more credit to Major for getting it 20%, when the original cut made by Maggie was massively bigger.

I'm afraid that Clarke isn't a very reliable historian; his memory of events is very selective in my opinion.

5 minutes ago, Wes Tender said:

Ken Clarke was one of the wettest pro-Europeans in her government, and ever after, so it doesn't come as any surprise that he would want to be selective in his views on Maggie Thatcher's record as PM. He is correct  that she started out as very pro-Europe (as did many of us), but then she became quite the Euro-sceptic. Clarke wishes to airbrush that out of his personal memory, because it doesn't help his pro-Europe stance to have the greatest post-war PM adopting an anti-Europe position later in her Premiership, thus marginalising him and others as the wets of the party. When she fought to get us our rebate from the EEC, the newspapers happily carried cartoons of her hand-bagging Delors. Clarke reckons that her Bruges speech was pretty mild, but it was not seen as such at the time. The Bruges Group was formed the year after, with her as the Honorary President. She would hardly have wished to have been the figurehead of a group formed  to rally opinion against further and closer European  integration had she been pro-Europe at the time.  I also love Clarke's opinion suggesting also that it was some sort of myth that she loved cutting taxes. He appears to grudgingly admit that she made the first big cut, but wishes somehow to give more credit to Major for getting it 20%, when the original cut made by Maggie was massively bigger.

I'm afraid that Clarke isn't a very reliable historian; his memory of events is very selective in my opinion.

I met Thatcher once. I was surprised how short she was.

12 minutes ago, Wes Tender said:

Clarke may well have been a "wet" but he was one of the very few to serve as a minister throughout Thatcher's leadership and I think that you dismiss his views far too readily.  Thatcher was one of the principal architects of the Single Market and recognised its importance in maintaining Britain's prosperity:

https://ukandeu.ac.uk/margaret-thatcher-the-critical-architect-of-european-integration/#:~:text=Thatcher’s dedication to the idea of a completed,legally binding treaty%2C rather than a mere agreement.

Whilst recognising her Euro sceptic credentials, I do not believe that her commitment to and advocacy of the Single Market  would mean that she would welcome the current position of  the Conservative party or would endorse Lord Duckhunter's rosy tinted view of her. 

17 minutes ago, Tamesaint said:

Whilst recognising her Euro sceptic credentials, I do not believe that her commitment to and advocacy of the Single Market  would mean that she would welcome the current position of  the Conservative party or would endorse Lord Duckhunter's rosy tinted view of her. 

Maastricht was the game changer. 

Her greatness covers more than European policy, her domestic agenda rescued the country from the Wet  pinko blob. 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

Let me get something clear, which clearly the two tory boys seem to be missing......The Conservative party USED to be a broad church....most of those were expelled last year now it's basically a party for raving, semi-racist nutjobs, otherwise known as Bannon's plaything, the Brexit party or the Leave tories. The sheer moronical idea that Boris' subservient misfits who are left after the cull are the same "broad church" is just insulting to everyone. The tories, as we knew them even a couple of years ago are no longer. Everyone can see that. This bunch of rag-tag Cummings hand-picked subservient MPs are the Brexit party in everything but name.

Edited by Hockey_saint

1 hour ago, Tamesaint said:

Clarke may well have been a "wet" but he was one of the very few to serve as a minister throughout Thatcher's leadership and I think that you dismiss his views far too readily.  Thatcher was one of the principal architects of the Single Market and recognised its importance in maintaining Britain's prosperity:

https://ukandeu.ac.uk/margaret-thatcher-the-critical-architect-of-european-integration/#:~:text=Thatcher’s dedication to the idea of a completed,legally binding treaty%2C rather than a mere agreement.

He dismisses his views because of the above.

2 hours ago, Hockey_saint said:

Let me get something clear, which clearly the two tory boys seem to be missing......The Conservative party USED to be a broad church....most of those were expelled last year now it's basically a party for raving, semi-racist nutjobs, otherwise known as Bannon's plaything, the Brexit party or the Leave tories. The sheer moronical idea that Boris' subservient misfits who are left after the cull are the same "broad church" is just insulting to everyone. The tories, as we knew them even a couple of years ago are no longer. Everyone can see that. This bunch of rag-tag Cummings hand-picked subservient MPs are the Brexit party in everything but name.

I agree completely. "Pinko" Tories like myself are appalled at the current state of the Tory Party. Anyone who thinks that it is a broad church is living in cloud cuckoo land. 

As Clarke pointed out in the article I attached above, Thatcher, God bless her, had plenty of "wets" in her Cabinet. It is a sign of the intellectual weakness of the current buffoon that he has to choose yesmen (and women) for his Cabinet whose incompetence is becoming more apparent each day.

14 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Maastricht was the game changer. 

Her greatness covers more than European policy, her domestic agenda rescued the country from the Wet  pinko blob. 

Absolutely it was. That was the point at which Farage started UKIP and when Euro-scepticism grew in the Conservative Party and indeed across the political divide and around the country. As I have stated before, that was the point at which I wanted to leave the EU, because Maastricht was the first major step towards a federal Europe instead of the Common Market which I had actually campaigned to join. Major was PM then, and he should have allowed us a referendum on a Treaty that brought about such substantial changes to the EEC Treaty.

As much as Clarke would like to rewrite history attempting to show Maggie Thatcher as a Europhile whilst ignoring her shift towards Euro-scepticism in her later years, she was gone before Maastricht, and her legacy would only have her contribution to the single market as an historical footnote of equal prominence to her Bruges speech and her success in gaining us a rebate to our contributions to the EU gravy train.

Much as I like reminiscing over the Thatcher years and her incredible achievement of turning the country around from the position she inherited when it was known as the sick man of Europe, that was some considerable time and several subsequent PMs ago, and this is supposed to be thread about the current PM. Since that thread began, the Chinese virus  intervened and it is arguable that that has had far more effect on the death of the United Kingdom than Boris has had. Would Labour have handled that crisis any better?

11 hours ago, Tamesaint said:

I agree completely. "Pinko" Tories like myself are appalled at the current state of the Tory Party. Anyone who thinks that it is a broad church is living in cloud cuckoo land. 

13 hours ago, Hockey_saint said:

Let me get something clear, which clearly the two tory boys seem to be missing......The Conservative party USED to be a broad church....most of those were expelled last year now it's basically a party for raving, semi-racist nutjobs, otherwise known as Bannon's plaything, the Brexit party or the Leave tories. 

Obviously, that’s why pinkos like Ken Clarke, Hammond, Jo Johnson, Ruth Davidson & Ed Vasiey were sent to the HoL. 

The only people in cloud cuckoo land are people who think Johnson is some sort of right winger. He never has been, isn’t now (if you actually bothered to look at his policy agenda ) and never will be in the future. The simplistic Leave=right wing is as tedious as it is inaccurate. 

13 hours ago, warsash saint said:

Are the usual suspects STILL trying to defend this corrupt bunch?

In most jobs, if you make jokes about "letterboxes", "piccanninis" and whole host of others, you wouldn't expect to keep that job let alone lorded as a "character" and being great. These two seem as nutty as Peter Shilton or Matt Le Tissier on twitter. Usually, defending such people reflects badly on that person. Definitely not very saintly. Also, I was never a huge fan of Jeremy Corbyn and his lot have a similar problem....hunting down liberals and forgetting that both the conservatives and Labour parties were pretty much made of them...Steve Bannon has some extreme links to the far right and is seeding these parties across Europe...Farage, Johnson and Trump are all fan boys of that man and I hope he blabs like crazy on his mates because this country should be classier than him and his ilk.

On 22/08/2020 at 11:49, Lord Duckhunter said:

The fact is, he’s more liberal than Theresa May & certainly more liberal than Johnnie Major. He’s nearer Ken Clarke, Fat Pang & Grocer Heath’s idea of the Toryism, than IDS or The Great Lady’s. Him & Gove are Cameron Tories, Blue new labour, not right wing in any way shape or form. 

That's not it imo - he's simply unprincipled in that he will back whatever policy is going to make him look good. As Mayor of London he was liberal because London is majority liberal. In the case of Brexit he said what he needed to to get the backing of the eurosceptics. You cant pigeonhole him by beliefs because his beliefs have little to do with his actions   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, buctootim said:

That's not it imo - he's simply unprincipled in that he will back whatever policy is going to make him look good. As Mayor of London he was liberal because London is majority liberal. In the case of Brexit he said what he needed to to get the backing of the eurosceptics. You cant pigeonhole him by beliefs because his beliefs have little to do with his actions   

Which makes him possibly the worst. No principals at all. I mean, he was a remainer for a very long time until it suited him and half his family are liberals.

3 hours ago, buctootim said:

He hasn’t remotely pursed  or advocated right wing policies in any of his political roles, from opinion writer to Pm, via mp, London mayor or foreign sec. it’s the one consistent, he’s been a pinko. In his notorious “letter box” column he was actually arguing for the liberal ideal that chicks can wear what the hell they like. . Of course, bitter remoaners have this obsession that Brexit is “right wing” so won’t accept he’s a pinko. We’ve seen earlier in the thread where a comment was made linking Gove to the right. Again, he’s a classic Cameron pinko ( and far and away the most competent and dynamic minister, despite that). 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Hockey_saint said:

Which makes him possibly the worst. No principals at all. I mean, he was a remainer for a very long time until it suited him and half his family are liberals.

The principal reason why your posts lack the weight to be taken seriously, is because you cannot acknowledge when others have  principles if you disagree with them..

On 22/08/2020 at 21:10, Hockey_saint said:

The Conservative party USED to be a broad church....most of those were expelled last year now it's basically a party for raving, semi-racist nutjobs, 

Is there such a thing in the world as 'semi-racist'?  Surely this is one of the only things in the world where there is just 'black and white' (excuse the pun) and no 'grey areas'?

54 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Is there such a thing in the world as 'semi-racist'?  Surely this is one of the only things in the world where there is just 'black and white' (excuse the pun) and no 'grey areas'?

These are racists who live in semis. They are a group distinct to the usually more affluent detached racists.

3 hours ago, Wes Tender said:

These are racists who live in semis. They are a group distinct to the usually more affluent detached racists.

18 hours ago, Wes Tender said:

he principal reason why yTour posts lack the weight to be taken seriously, is because you cannot acknowledge when others have  principles if you disagree with them..

Brexit appealed to the racists and was the biggest con in British political history. It was tailored to appeal to the gullible and the misinformed and those predisposed to believe in it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, John B said:

Brexit appealed to the racists and was the biggest con in British political history. It was tailored to appeal to the gullible and the misinformed and those predisposed to believe in it.

No, the biggest con in British history was us joining the Common Market, believing that it was always only going to be a trade agreement, when there was always an agenda for it to gradually morph into a federal organisation. But some remoaners like you still spout this mantra like a stuck record that those who voted for Brexit were all thick racists, and the remoaners still can't see why they lost the vote, when partly the reason was that they had invited a backlash against them by their infuriating condescendingly superior attitude. Unfortunately for you, the Brexit voters cast the majority vote in the referendum, so all you can do is bleat about how unfair it all was.

1 hour ago, John B said:

Lol, still not over it, dry your eyes. 

Shame  those massive  racists Tony Benn, Peter Shore, Barbera Castle & Bob Crow weren’t around to celebrate the right wing deception & takeover they’d argued so passionately for, whilst they were alive. It’s an absolute disgrace that good intelligent people like your good self weren’t given an extra vote, and that half wits were able to cast theirs. One man one vote only works when it produces the vote the top top intelligentsia want.

“Power to the people”, fuck that . Power to the elites....

On 24/08/2020 at 13:07, John B said:

Absolutely....meanwhile....neck and neck in the polls.....destroying a 26 point lead in 5 months....what an absolute idiot....morons like these two here will back him to the hilt though. I saw some supporter say it's because they're not being tougher on migrants and knocking on hotel rooms of asylum seekers....nope, if anything it's that the tory voter would prefer them to be a bit more conservative and less league of fascists.

Edited by Hockey_saint
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Hockey_saint said:

Absolutely....meanwhile....neck and neck in the polls.....destroying a 26 point lead in 5 months....what an absolute idiot....morons like these two here will back him to the hilt though. I saw some supporter say it's because they're not being tougher on migrants and knocking on hotel rooms of asylum seekers....nope, if anything it's that the tory voter would prefer them to be a bit more conservative and less league of fascists.

Neck and neck in the polls. *yawn* The last poll I saw , despite having Smarmer ahead of Boris, still had the Conservatives ahead of Labour by a few points. My views on polls are well aired. So kindly explain how poll results are  going to help when an election will probably be another four years away? I suggest that you calm down and wait another few years before crowing about meaningless polls.

And please don't assume that you know what the average Conservative voter wants. Your opinions on the party show that frankly, you haven't got a clue.

10 hours ago, Hockey_saint said:

The writing is on the wall for Johnson. With his government stumbling from u turn to u turn it is not surprising that he is losing credibility in the polls. There is a long time before the next election needs to be called and never underestimate the ability of the Labour party to shoot itself in the foot but rumours of discontent from backbench Tories are going to grow. It just needs a couple of unfortunate by elections going against them and there will be a full attack of colly wobbles in the Tory party.

I fully expect the Tories to have a new leader well before the next election. Coronavirus apparently has a deleterious effect on its victims. Continued ill health as a result of the virus will give Johnson a convenient excuse to resign when the country has had enough of his shambolic government.     

Once he’s got Brexit done he needs to get a grip, else he’ll get canned by the party. There have been worrying signs since the pre lockdown budget that the pinko in him is coming to the fore, and if anything he’s got pinker since his brush with Covid. The latest tax raising wheezes reported today are  Ed Milibandish and his nanny state obsession with what we eat, wouldn’t look out of place in the Lib Dumbs. The furlough scheme has gone on too long, and he needs a Thatcher like grip on the teacher unions. If The Tories wanted a leave pinko PM they should have gone for Gove who is far more competent and radical. 

The election of Sir Ed Davey means the next Tory leader will be up against Sir Ed Davey & Sir Kier Starmer, two absolutely perfect examples of white middle aged boring same old same old. Sunak if he can avoid Covid fallout or Javid will be licking their lips at the prospect of a run off against them. Or maybe it’ll be a youngish chick. The ambition of people coupled with those 2 in opposition will mean Boris has to raise his game, otherwise they’ll come for him and it’ll be brutal. 

9 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Once he’s got Brexit done he needs to get a grip, else he’ll get canned by the party. There have been worrying signs since the pre lockdown budget that the pinko in him is coming to the fore, and if anything he’s got pinker since his brush with Covid. The latest tax raising wheezes reported today are  Ed Milibandish and his nanny state obsession with what we eat, wouldn’t look out of place in the Lib Dumbs. The furlough scheme has gone on too long, and he needs a Thatcher like grip on the teacher unions. If The Tories wanted a leave pinko PM they should have gone for Gove who is far more competent and radical. 

The election of Sir Ed Davey means the next Tory leader will be up against Sir Ed Davey & Sir Kier Starmer, two absolutely perfect examples of white middle aged boring same old same old. Sunak if he can avoid Covid fallout or Javid will be licking their lips at the prospect of a run off against them. Or maybe it’ll be a youngish chick. The ambition of people coupled with those 2 in opposition will mean Boris has he introduces to raise his game, otherwise they’ll come for him and it’ll be brutal. 

Which "chicks" are there who could do the job? Patel is too thick whilst "bimbo" Truss is not the sharpest tool in the box. If the change at the top was to happen soon,  Sunak has to be the man. He is probably the only Cabinet minister to have "had a good Covid" and although his image may yet be tarnished by any tax raising measures he is popular. 

Don't discount the "boring same old, same old". After Johnson's buffoonery I think the public will be getting tired of the showman politician and will be looking for a "grown up" to lead them.  

• Like 1

On 30/08/2020 at 14:41, Tamesaint said:

Which "chicks" are there who could do the job? Patel is too thick whilst "bimbo" Truss is not the sharpest tool in the box. If the change at the top was to happen soon,  Sunak has to be the man. He is probably the only Cabinet minister to have "had a good Covid" and although his image may yet be tarnished by any tax raising measures he is popular. 

Don't discount the "boring same old, same old". After Johnson's buffoonery I think the public will be getting tired of the showman politician and will be looking for a "grown up" to lead them.  

You gotta love how the tories call the opposition leaders "white middle class" whilst happily voting for a member of the German aristocracy; whilst I think Sunak would be a good move for the tories, I don't see their new far right supporters being overly excited about the idea.

On 02/09/2020 at 11:17, Hockey_saint said:

You gotta love how the tories call the opposition leaders "white middle class" whilst happily voting for a member of the German aristocracy; whilst I think Sunak would be a good move for the tories, I don't see their new far right supporters being overly excited about the idea.

Pony 

• Lighthouse changed the title to The United Kingdom and the Death of Boris Johnson as we know it.