Blasphemy and Duck Rape

Yorkshire Saint

13 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

Four regulars with agendas to see what they want to see on this thread isn't a great sample.

I'll happily be a new sample then. I've definitely disagreed and agreed with @Turkish on various subjects, and with you also, so can be quite certain I don't have an agenda. 

The thread Turkish started is one of respect and one where many members of this forum have shared personal experiences. To then decide to come onto a seperate thread and unpick his wording is childish, overly critical and unneccesary. You may think what you are doing is clever because you've somehow caught him out, but to the rest of us it comes across as being anal. You may not have mentioned the thread by name, or remarked on Ronaldo's circumstances, but that doesn't mean what you have done can be considered in a completely seperate sphere. You have also said yourself to be neutral on the matter, which is frankly bizarre given the individual lost a very young child. Any decent human would show some empathy or sympathy.

What you have done on this thread comes across as being childish and cold, and if I were you I would reconsider carrying on this. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Fabrice Fernandes no.1 fan said:

I'll happily be a new sample then. I've definitely disagreed and agreed with @Turkish on various subjects, and with you also, so can be quite certain I don't have an agenda. 

The thread Turkish started is one of respect and one where many members of this forum have shared personal experiences. To then decide to come onto a seperate thread and unpick his wording is childish, overly critical and unneccesary. You may think what you are doing is clever because you've somehow caught him out, but to the rest of us it comes across as being anal. You may not have mentioned the thread by name, or remarked on Ronaldo's circumstances, but that doesn't mean what you have done can be considered in a completely seperate sphere. You have also said yourself to be neutral on the matter, which is frankly bizarre given the individual lost a very young child. Any decent human would show some empathy or sympathy.

What you have done on this thread comes across as being childish and cold, and if I were you I would reconsider carrying on this. 

Echo these sentiments. I must admit, when I first saw Turkish's post, it did briefly cross my mind if the 'God bless' bit had been added as some bait for MLG to latch onto, but even if it was then these things are sometimes/often best ignored as life is too short to get embroiled in petty and/or futile offshoot discussions.

Edited by trousers

9 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

No I didn't, I said my post was neutral, not that I was. So your diatribe is based on a misunderstanding!

What about the rest of my post? You have ignored the fact that I have called what you did childish, and ignored me trying to reasonably explain why what you have done is something you should reconsider.

Also, if your post is neutral, and you are not, then you're not even posting your own actual opinion, so how the fuck is anyone meant to understand you. Post your actual opinion, or simply just stop with this ridiculousness altogether. 

Glad to see diatribe is your word of the day, but I don't think my post to you was particularly attacking? 

Time to step down from that high horse

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sadoldgit said:

I’ll speak up for you MLG. Most of the people I know don’t believe in God or Jesus but they will wish others a Happy Christmas, send greeting cards, eat Turkey on 25th December, exchange gifts, wish others a Happy Easter and eat chocolate eggs. We go to carol concerts in December because we like Christmas carols and it is part of the seasonal tradition. Nothing to do with believing in the birth of the son of God. I have often share a pint of Guinness with friends on St Patrick’s Day yet none of us are Irish. The people in my local Indian wish me a Happy Christmas in December but are Muslims. It is tradition and it is what most of us do with little thought for all that goes behind it. It has absolutely nothing to do with being a liar or a hypocrite. To pretend it does is just the usual, tiresome wummery. There is no point engaging with a seasoned WUM though MLG. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. I can see why you started this up initially but you must know that the previous posts were just designed to wind you up and really not worth replying to. Nothing gives a WUM greater pleasure than to get a bite but perhaps getting a second bite from the same bait tops it. You have been on here long enough to know how it works. There are some people who love to stir it and will poke away just to get a reaction, and if they can instigate a pile on, their job is done. You will never win. They are not interested in reasoned argument, just the wind up and you are an easy target because you bite every time. 

One of your strangest ever posts. You've lost it

• Confused 1

Whilst I don’t want to seem to be putting words into MLGs mouth, to be fair to him I don’t think that his posts have anything to do with the sad death of Ronaldo’s baby other than he has picked up on an aspect of a post about it. It seems to me he has focussed on religious beliefs rather than the tragic incident itself and to use that as an excuse to hurl verbal abuse at someone is also very unsavoury. Yes, he could have come across more sympathetically, but we all know MLG and we know his writing style. I don’t think for one moment he was deliberately being callous, just focussed on his point. Having come very close to losing my first daughter during childbirth I know just what it feels like. If for one minute I thought that MLG was taking a pop at child mortality I would be the first one to say something.

2 hours ago, Fabrice Fernandes no.1 fan said:

hmm, i dont think it would be so much of an issue if MLG hadn't compounded his comments by saying was the death part of gods plan, it was a pointless post as none of the family will read it and then it wasn't saints related so shouldn't be on the main board then i expect people might have taken it as MLG just try being anal and a bit of knob, those other comments make it all rather vile though.

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Whilst I don’t want to seem to be putting words into MLGs mouth, to be fair to him I don’t think that his posts have anything to do with the sad death of Ronaldo’s baby other than he has picked up on an aspect of a post about it. It seems to me he has focussed on religious beliefs rather than the tragic incident itself and to use that as an excuse to hurl verbal abuse at someone is also very unsavoury. Yes, he could have come across more sympathetically, but we all know MLG and we know his writing style. I don’t think for one moment he was deliberately being callous, just focussed on his point. Having come very close to losing my first daughter during childbirth I know just what it feels like. If for one minute I thought that MLG was taking a pop at child mortality I would be the first one to say something.

If MLG would just park his monotonously repetitive "genocidal global flood" nonsense he wouldn't get half the grief he brings upon himself.

24 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

what about asking if the death was part of gods plan? You're alright with that are you?

7 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

If MLG would just park his monotonously repetitive "genocidal global flood" nonsense he wouldn't get half the grief he brings upon himself.

I reckon he has experienced minor flood damage to a property at some point

• Haha 2

I understand why people do it but don’t think you need to contextualise that a subject resonates through own personal experience. You don’t have to be a parent to be sympathetic to Ronaldo’s devastating heartbreak at losing a child. Pleasing to see Liverpool fans being respectful too as that is a hate fuelled rivalry.

• Like 2

It doesn’t really occur to me to come on here much anymore, but I thought I’d see if there was anything interesting happening. 

I have to be honest, I’m really struggling to get my head around the fact that anyone would use what happened to Ronaldo to provoke others as is the case with @Matthew Le God towards @Turkish

Why don’t you go talk to a pastor about the issues you keep on bringing up MLG?

Or would that involve not being able to sit behind your keyboard telling everyone how wrong they are? 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Blimey what a mess. I don’t know the history of this religion-based feud but it makes for ugly reading from here.

@Matthew Le Godi would say you’ve got yourself in a hole. When you’re in a hole stop digging. There’s plenty on the forum who would like to help you out but every time you post you dig a little deeper and it gets harder to intervene IMO.

@Turkishplease take the chance to be the better person and let this go. You’ve made your point and been well supported. Continuing to pound on the guy in the hole and anyone who tries to help him does you no favours IMO.

hope this helps, it’s just the way I’m seeing it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Raging Bull said:

It doesn’t really occur to me to come on here much anymore, but I thought I’d see if there was anything interesting happening. 

I have to be honest, I’m really struggling to get my head around the fact that anyone would use what happened to Ronaldo to provoke others as is the case with @Matthew Le God towards @Turkish

Why don’t you go talk to a pastor about the issues you keep on bringing up MLG?

Or would that involve not being able to sit behind your keyboard telling everyone how wrong they are? 

I’d like to say it’s changed on here but sadly not. Good to see you have take your seat at the table of good posters who don’t bother any more and you can see why.

3 hours ago, Turkish said:

I’d like to say it’s changed on here but sadly not. Good to see you have take your seat at the table of good posters who don’t bother any more and you can see why.

Indeed. In fact I’d go so far as to say that as 1 of the best posters on the saint’s webs who’s clearly on a different trajectory, my presence has been sorely missed. 

• 1 month later...
39 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

It'll blow @Turkish's mind if he knew I have a few RS classes! 😁

Cosmo Kramer Mind Blown GIF

I've held out revealing that! But it makes a nice bump for this thread at a time other than Easter or Christmas. 😉

Liars will not inherit the kingdom of god

7 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

I'd rather not have those classes, but I didn't have a choice when it came to timetabling 

the office agree GIF by EditingAndLayout

Are you prepared for kids to be asking their parents why does God hates gay people? That is what school teaches us

54 minutes ago, whelk said:

Are you prepared for kids to be asking their parents why does God hates gay people? That is what school teaches us

Wonder if the kids went home and told their teacher asked them if ronaldos baby dying was part of god plan…

2 hours ago, whelk said:

The Bible in Leviticus states that homosexuals are an abomination and should be killed according to God. As long as someone can read they can see the character in the Bible is horrific!

- "You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination." Chapter 18 verse 22
- "If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them." Chapter 20 verse 13

How do you explain away those passages as anything other than a description of a homophobic and evil God?

Edited by Matthew Le God

1 hour ago, Matthew Le God said:

The Bible in Leviticus states that homosexuals are an abomination and should be killed according to God. As long as someone can read they can see the character in the Bible is horrific!

- "You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination." Chapter 18 verse 22
- "If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them." Chapter 20 verse 13

How do you explain away those passages as anything other than a description of a homophobic and evil God?

If God made everything how can he have a phobia?

3 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

Something something the new covenant. It’s why I can have lobster and a milkshake at the same time.

You realise most Christians don’t really follow the Old Testament rules right? 

1 hour ago, farawaysaint said:

Something something the new covenant. It’s why I can have lobster and a milkshake at the same time.

You realise most Christians don’t really follow the Old Testament rules right? 

I know they don't, because they cherry pick and create their own religion. Verses such as the ones I just quoted show the horrific homophobic evil character of God in the Bible.

Jesus tells them to follow the old laws, so why do they ignore him?

19 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

I know they don't, because they cherry pick and create their own religion. Verses such as the ones I just quoted show the horrific homophobic evil character of God in the Bible.

Jesus tells them to follow the old laws, so why do they ignore him?

For a teacher you have a very lazy approach to educating yourself. How the fuck are kids meant to pass their exams when their teacher hasn’t even got grasp of the basics? I fear there will be tears when Ofsted arrive and find teaching so lacking. 

Edited by whelk
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, whelk said:

For a teacher you have a very lazy approach to educating yourself. How the fuck are kids meant to pass their exams when their teacher hasn’t even got grasp of the basics? I fear there will be tears when Ofsted arrive and find teaching so lacking. 

Enlighten me, what 'basics' have I not understood?

6 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

Where does it mention homosexuality? It says lie, could be as in talk bollocks too. As a compulsive liar yourself god is right, you are an abomination 

Edited by Turkish

7 minutes ago, whelk said:

Not surprised, he’s on the piss whilst marking 

Edited by Klaus Schwab

6 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Where does it mention homosexuality? It says lie as in talk bollocks too. As a compulsive liar yourself god is right, you are an abomination 

That is utter rubbish and makes no sense when used in the context of 'as with a women'. It is clearly about sex, not telling a lie.

Even if you were right, do you honestly think the acceptable punishment for a lie should be death? Any god who thinks death should be the punishment for lying is clearly horrificly evil.

Edited by Matthew Le God

3 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

That is utter rubbish and makes no sense when used in the context of 'as with a women'. It is clearly about sex, not telling a lie.

Even if you were right, do you honestly think the acceptable punishment for a lie should be death? Any god who thinks death should be the punishment for lying is clearly horrificly evil.

God knows more about death than you. Might be a lovely thing to happen as a fast track to paradise

4 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

How is it “clearly about sex”? It doesn’t mention sex at all!

your sick little homophobic mind playing tricks on you sunshine?! 

Edited by Turkish

1 minute ago, whelk said:

Tell the kids to go here https://www.olivetree.com/blog/old_testament_law_still_apply/ while you knock back the Malibu

Regardless of the old law still applying or not (and that website is not convincing at all on that count). The fact the book claims it did apply at some point makes the character of the god who created it horrificly evil even if he later went on to remove it.

9 minutes ago, Turkish said:

How is it “clearly about sex”? It doesn’t mention sex at all!

your sick little homophobic mind playing tricks on you sunshine?! 

Because it is about a man lying with another man how you would with a woman. How do you lie differently to a woman in terms if it being nit telling the truth?

Plus... you ignored my question... yet again!

Edited by Matthew Le God

16 minutes ago, whelk said:

God knows more about death than you. Might be a lovely thing to happen as a fast track to paradise

How is being fast tracked to a celestial North Korea where you are forced to worship a deity who endorses rape, sexism, murder and slavery etc for eternity count as a 'paradise'? 

It Slaps Season 4 GIF by The Good Place

Edited by Matthew Le God

6 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

How is being fast tracked to a celestial North Korea where you are forced to worship a deity who endorses rape, sexism, murder and slaveryetc for eternity count as a 'paradise '? 

Hey it’s the same God who created the orgasm and the tenderness of a loving mother. You are in no position to know what is going on. 

2 minutes ago, whelk said:

Hey it’s the same God who created the orgasm and the tenderness of a loving mother. You are in no position to know what is going on. 

Nonsense. He did not do a good job of that. Plus I thought you believed in free will given to us by God? In which case mothers aren't required to give a shit, so this stuff happens...

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-61608888

20 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

How is being fast tracked to a celestial North Korea where you are forced to worship a deity who endorses rape, sexism, murder and slavery etc for eternity count as a 'paradise'? 

Is irony completely lost on you? 

You mention Christian’s “cherry picking” bits from the bible yet decide to completely ignore the bits where God describes heaven as a place with no more tears, pain or suffering. And instead call it a celestial North Korea. 

Considering that you “teach” RE, I would put a lot of money on you not having read the bible, or if you have you’ve not understood it. 

Although, considering you’re on the WKD blues whilst marking non of the above surprises me. 

Edited by Klaus Schwab

3 minutes ago, Klaus Schwab said:

You mention Christian’s “cherry picking” bits from the bible yet decide to completely ignore the bits where God describes heaven as a place with no more tears, pain or suffering. And instead call it a celestial North Korea. 

The concept of heaven is worse than North Korea. I can’t imagine eternal consciousness as being anything other than an agonising insanity.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Klaus Schwab said:

1) Is irony completely lost on you? 

2) Considering that you “teach” RE, I would put a lot of money on you not having read the bible, or if you have you’ve not understood it. 

3) Although, considering you’re on the WKD blues whilst marking non of the above surprises me. 

1) You clearly don't understand irony or cherry picking. If the Bible is the word of God as some claim and God is 100% good, all that is required to disprove this is one bad thing. So even if the Bible says a million good things about God, a single bad thing disproves the claim he is 100% good.

2) Enlighten me, which bits have I not understood? Could it instead be a case that in order to shoehorn the horrendous parts of the Bible into an acceptable form for the 21st Century you've had ignore or twist large parts of it for modern sensibilities rather than the scripture intended for bronze age farmers?

3) Why are so focused on me saying I'm having a pint tomorrow? You can drive on that, so why can't you lesson plan?

43 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Because it is about a man lying with another man how you would with a woman. How do you lie differently to a woman in terms if it being nit telling the truth?

Plus... you ignored my question... yet again!

In bible times men and women were treated differently, men were head of the house. Therefore telling a lie to a fellow head of house would likely have been deemed more serious that telling a lie to a woman. I’d have thought you’d have know that what with teaching RS to kids the only mention of sex and homosexual  in your perverted little mind . I fear for our kids if you’re an example the standard of teaching. 

Edited by Turkish

4 minutes ago, Turkish said:

On bible times men and women were treated differently, men were head of the house. Therefore telling a lie to a fellow head of house would likely have been deemed more serious that telling a lie to a woman. I’d have thought you’d have know that what with teaching RS to kids. I fear for our kids if you’re an example the standard of teaching. 

The times it occurred in is completely, a complete red herring and utterly irrelevant as they are the rules of God, so if God is treating men and women differently in terms of how you can lie to them then that makes him sexist. He is also instructing death for those who disobey, is that a suitable punishment for the crime?

Edited by Matthew Le God

Just now, Matthew Le God said:

The times is completely and utterly irrelevant as they are the rules of God, so if God is treating men and women differently in terms of how you can lie to them then that makes him sexist. He is also instructing death for those who disobey, is that a suitable punishment for the crime?

How do you know god is man? But sexist MLG!

3 minutes ago, Turkish said:

How do you know god is man? But sexist MLG!

I know the Bible says God is a he... because the Bible says God is a he in the opening of the book and throughout the rest of it! :mcinnes:

Genesis 1

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

1 minute ago, Matthew Le God said:

Yet again you ignored the question and took it off on a tangent.

You’re getting your knickers in a twist about homophobia and sexism, whilst displaying those traits yourself, it’s not my fault you’re a bigot!