Re-examining and learning from history

badgerx16

1 minute ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

That’s fine. It’s only ‘white male lives matter ‘ that’s offensive. 

Homeless white male lives matter?

Fat (overactive thyroid) white male lives matter? 

A mate of mine has been in a mental health facility for four years due to a psychotic breakdown and he's white. Is "white males with significant and debilitating longterm mental health problems lives matter" offensive? 

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, aintforever said:

Of course people of all colours have at some point. I think we can all agree that the history of black people and the issues they have faced in the uk is very different to that of white though. 

No, sorry I do not agree and I can see through all this movement quite clearly, especially now some of the ring leaders have shown their hand by damnding 14 trillion dollars in reparations. This is nothing to do with equality, it is simply being used to get the rich to give back some to the poor (blacks only) as they have been so hard done by, where as in fact as shown with the Tony Timpa incident, they have not been any more hard done by. If there is serious issues with institutional racism, can some one explain why we have rich succesful black businessmen, sportsman, politicians? 

On another note, when blacks say they are not well enough represented in certain areas, like football management and people on the left cry and wail for inclusion for a certain number of jobs to be assured to blacks and minoritites, can I assume you will all follow my cause to get the 100m sprint finals to be more all inclusive of whites? If not, can you explain why?

Edited by st.bangkok
spelling

Had a friend whatsapp me something on the leaders of the BLM movement being openly Marxist, even having selfies with Nicholas Maduro - that can't help their cause given his history with his own people if true.

Edited by skintsaint

3 hours ago, skintsaint said:

Had a friend whatsapp me something on the leaders of the BLM movement being openly Marxist, even having selfies with Nicholas Maduro - that can't help their cause given his history with his own people if true.

We've an ex-goalkeeper who once was a soldier for a white minority regime who used the term "we're fighting marxism" (when we know what they actually were doing was fighting to keep their racist regime in power against the natives who found the only countries willing to help being communist and they used the word "evil marxism" to cover themselves). Their official twitter account has gone off a bit but I always look with a bit of suspicion when someone immediately shouts "evil marxists!"

1 hour ago, Hockey_saint said:

We've an ex-goalkeeper who once was a soldier for a white minority regime who used the term "we're fighting marxism" (when we know what they actually were doing was fighting to keep their racist regime in power against the natives who found the only countries willing to help being communist and they used the word "evil marxism" to cover themselves). Their official twitter account has gone off a bit but I always look with a bit of suspicion when someone immediately shouts "evil marxists!"

Yes that's something I'd be suspicious of too... Until you read that the Co-founders of the black lives matter movement have described themselves as Marxists and spoken about creating a Marxist movement for black people before she set it up. So not really that suspicious then. 

Just now, hypochondriac said:

Yes that's something I'd be suspicious of too... Until you read that the Co-founders of the black lives matter movement have described themselves as Marxists and spoken about creating a Marxist movement for black people before she set it up. So not really that suspicious then. 

I'd probably ask why they want to be Marxists and do they know what it really means.

1 minute ago, Hockey_saint said:

I'd probably ask why they want to be Marxists and do they know what it really means.

Sounds like they have some idea:

“We are trained Marxists. We are super-versed on, sort of, ideological theories. And I think that what we really tried to do is build a movement that could be utilized by many, many black folk,”

"We actually do have an ideological frame. Myself and Alicia in particular, we're trained organizers. We are trained Marxists. We are super versed on ideological theories."

5 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

Sounds like they have some idea:

“We are trained Marxists. We are super-versed on, sort of, ideological theories. And I think that what we really tried to do is build a movement that could be utilized by many, many black folk,”

"We actually do have an ideological frame. Myself and Alicia in particular, we're trained organizers. We are trained Marxists. We are super versed on ideological theories."

Always makes you wonder if the German aristocrat Marx was thinking the same as them. I just think some people who either hate it, or claim to be it probably don't know much about it or have an interpretation of it similar to that of cat's race in Red Dwarf's of Dave Lister. I mean, I probably agree with Peter Engels when..."He claimed that the term was being abusively used as a rhetorical by those attempting to cast themselves as real followers of Marx". I mean, I wouldn't claim to know a huge amount about Marx's writings and am not a Marxist myself but there are lots of branches. I do know that it was a popular trope by many right wingers in the context of the cold war to justify their iffy racial views and such. I do think organisation like BLM may consider themselves offshoots of organisations like ZANLA and ZAPU and a few other black African liberation movements trained by communists in that they see them as the "enemy of my enemy is my friend" a bit like we did with the Russians in world war two if you get my drift.

Difficult one.

Edited by Hockey_saint
editting

On 6/28/2020 at 1:17 PM, aintforever said:

Of course people of all colours have at some point. I think we can all agree that the history of black people and the issues they have faced in the uk is very different to that of white though. 

On 6/28/2020 at 1:23 PM, Weston Super Saint said:

What issues did black people face in the UK?

Anything yet?

1 hour ago, aintforever said:

You don’t think black people have suffered any racism issues in his country?

Obviously not; this is the country where even Neo Nazis shout "all lives f*ckin matter!!!" lol..........which seems like they've turned over a lovely new page.....or maybe not, just putting the spray can and the dog's shyte away for a while.

6 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

It's talk radio not sport but she's a guest on the show not a presenter. 

It was Talk radio when my nan was addicted to it. My grandad had to hide the radio in case she spouted any of their usual derogatory views. And before you say, that was a Burma veteran who just passed who said, as I recall, most of the people expressing their views on there like the idea of war and nationalism but don't really have a clue what it's really like...I suppose it attracts extremes from both sides.

Edited by Hockey_saint
further explanation.

1 minute ago, Hockey_saint said:

It was Talk radio when my nan was addicted to it. My grandad had to hide the radio in case she spouted any of their usual derogatory views.

Some dodgy content doesn't invalidate every segment and guest who appears on the station. 

2 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Some dodgy content doesn't invalidate every segment and guest who appears on the station. 

There are one or two reasonable presenters but I find Hartley-Brewer, Wotton and Mike Graham tend to drown them out a bit. I mean, Mike Graham is worse for COVID-19 conspiracy theories than Matt Le Tissier.

19 minutes ago, Hockey_saint said:

There are one or two reasonable presenters but I find Hartley-Brewer, Wotton and Mike Graham tend to drown them out a bit. I mean, Mike Graham is worse for COVID-19 conspiracy theories than Matt Le Tissier.

I can't say I've ever listened to him. I don't see the issue with Hartley-brewer. She has some quite Conservative views that someone could easily disagree wtih but she's happy to admit when she's wrong and she gave the government both barrels for the Cummings situation and copped a lot of flack from people who previously supported her. Vastly preferable than someone odious like James O'brien on LBC who mostly invites unintelligent people into his show so he can belittle them and get high on his own anal gas. He also had a significant role in the Carl Beech child abuse allegations which did devastating damage and ruined lives and for which he never properly admitted his role in. 

Edited by hypochondriac

5 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

I can't say I've ever listened to him. I don't see the issue with Hartley-brewer. She has some quite Conservative views that someone could easily disagree wtih but she's happy to admit when she's wrong and she gave the government both barrels for the Cummings situation and copped a lot of flack from people who previously supported her. Vastly preferable than someone odious like James O'brien on LBC who had a significant role in the Carl Beech child abuse allegations which did devastating damage and ruined lives and for which he never properly admitted his role in. 

Mike Graham is great, since he dropped that pantomime idiot Parry he’s really listenable. You should  to his weekly chats with Peter Hitchens, it’s proper debate where Peter is allowed to speak and develop his point. Lefties don’t like him because he doesn’t agree with them. He’s a far better broadcaster than James O’Boring. 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

Just now, Lord Duckhunter said:

Mike Graham is great, since he dropped that pantomime idiot Parry he’s really listenable. You should  to his weekly chats with Peter Hitchens, it’s proper debate where Peter is allowed to speak and develop his point. Lefties don’t like him because he doesn’t agree with them. He’s a far better broadcaster than James O’Boring. 

Just had a look and I realised I had listened to him recently on YouTube doing plank of the week. I thought that was quite amusing tbh so I'll look out for more of his stuff cheers. Peter Hitchens is OK but he can be a bit arrogant sometimes and his rigid stance on drugs is a bit OTT. 

Just now, hypochondriac said:

Just had a look and I realised I had listened to him recently on YouTube doing plank of the week. I thought that was quite amusing tbh so I'll look out for more of his stuff cheers. Peter Hitchens is OK but he can be a bit arrogant sometimes and his rigid stance on drugs is a bit OTT. 

I fear for Talk Radio now that raving pinko Stig Abell is executive editor. 

7 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Knew you'd like him! I cringe when I go around my dad's (who's just lost his father to COVID-19) and he's got him on when he starts going on about his coronavirus conspiracy theories. Or how one minute he's talking up the polls when Labour are getting absolutely stonked, but when they looked like they were levelling out, he starts calling them crooked and corrupt ...This probably says it all about Mike...  (even my dad points out he only puts on people who agree with him....some might say the same about James O'Brien however).

mgraham.png

Edited by Hockey_saint
brevity.

6 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53226508

The bar has been raised yet higher in finding ridiculous reasons to try and be offended on behalf of black people.

I’m surprised snooker has so far escaped. A white ball systematically takes down all non white balls with the black ball being the last and highest value prize. What could be more racist than that?

4 minutes ago, whelk said:

If Guy Mowbray said ‘decent effort for a black man’ would that go in the praise box?

If jermaine jenas does it is that still racism? Or is it only white commentators who have to talk about how big brained obafemi and mane are. To be fair I'm quite happy for commentators to point out how derpy Luke Shaw is and he's white as hell. 

Edited by hypochondriac

8 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Interesting that BLM poster advertising “peaceful” protest, contains the phrase ‘Wear non identifiable clothing’ . Why on earth would that be?

24BCFDFE-DA5D-4A57-AFFF-ED7B21A0D368.jpeg

Well, the PPE is a good idea I suppose. Get the feeling they think we might have non-neutral authorities who'll be looking to identify them thru CCTV.

Edited by Hockey_saint

This is worse than I thought, I really need to check my privilege.  

I’ve just found out I’m a sexual racist.

Reading this wonderful guide for white people, the fact I don’t generally fancy Asian chicks, makes me a sexual racist. Whites & Hispanics are my chicks of choice, however that’s because of the way I view society and my unconscious sexual racism. 

5A9237F1-D03B-489D-BE1D-0885058AB3B9.png

1 minute ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Reading this wonderful guide for white people, the fact I don’t generally fancy Asian chicks, makes me a sexual racist. Whites & Hispanics are my chicks of choice, however that’s because of the way I view society and my unconscious sexual racism. 

Don't be silly. That's a personal preference........although just don't do a Vince McMahon with it.

3 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Are other races allowed to be sexually racist? 

2 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

We've been through this so many times now. Nobody is against equality. 

I would suggest the members of the NF, stood outside the Churchill statue shouting "all f*ckin lives matter"  and making nazi salutes are......unless they've turned over a new leaf that is....you know, put down the spray cans and the dog shite.

Edited by Hockey_saint

18 minutes ago, Hockey_saint said:

I would suggest the members of the NF, stood outside the Churchill statue shouting "all f*ckin lives matter"  and making nazi salutes are......unless they've turned over a new leaf that is....you know, put down the spray cans and the dog shite.

You realise when I say "everyone" I don't mean literally every single person in the UK right?