Utd vs Saints - Match Thread

OttawaSaint

Bloody ref wants ensure the yellows are distributed fairly among all Saints players. If only we could move the ball forward quicker we would be so much more effective. Adams just wasted another ball...he’s having a mare this game, as is JWP, KWP and Redmond.

1 minute ago, Saint_clark said:

Fucking useless cunt Adams! We had two extra men on them there!

That FWD position is a tough one. Adams, Long and Obafemi all have obvious weaknesses but another forward like zings would cost us $35M.

unless we get lucky and unearth another gem then we are stuck with Ings +1, hopefully Ings never gets injured.

1 minute ago, verlaine1979 said:

Adams' finish against City looking a bit of an outlier in terms of technique. He just doesn't generally strike the ball very well.

It was an obvious thing to try - even I said a few minutes before it happened that Emerson was coming too far out and if someone was alert we could just lift it into the goal. Other than that he's shown nothing for us. 

Now that cross from KWP typifies what’s wrong with Adams...he didn’t anticipate the pass so it sailed harmlessly past in front of him by 3 feet. Dare I say it, that’s why he’s not good enough for the Prem...it’s typically the difference between a good Championship striker and someone like Ings or Vardy...vision (or lack of it).

3 minutes ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

Now that cross from KWP typifies what’s wrong with Adams...he didn’t anticipate the pass so it sailed harmlessly past in front of him by 3 feet. Dare I say it, that’s why he’s not good enough for the Prem...it’s typically the difference between a good Championship striker and someone like Ings or Vardy...vision (or lack of it).

Yep. Great cross was dying for someone to toe it in.