Utd vs Saints - Match Thread

OttawaSaint

My issues with KWP and why I don't think we should sign him. Neat and tidy on the ball, but a full back who wants to success in a top half team either needs to have the pace to beat a man, or pace to defend the quick and power players. Either that or an absolute wand of a boot. He doesn't have either. Will make a very good top Championship player, or lower end premier league. But not quite the level we should be aiming for

For an attacking player that's got the ability to go past players with ease, Redmond does have a very unhealthy obsession with looking to go backwards before he looks forwards.

Contrast with that run by Rashford down the wing there...

Edited by Saint_clark
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

RB, GK, CM, CB and FWD if we want to really go for 7th/8th place regularly.

Steady on, we're 5th or 6th on form with this team in this formation since the Leicester game, one or two additions at the back will turn a few defeats into draws and push us up up into top half. 

2 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Steady on, we're 5th or 6th on form with this team in this formation since the Leicester game, one or two additions at the back will turn a few defeats into draws and push us up up into top half. 

Look at the bench though. A few injuries/suspensions and we are a lot weaker.

A dodgy few minutes there where Saints couldn't live with Utd's pace but looking a bit more comfortable again. Redmond & Adams will want to do better 2nd half. Fear we'll get done on the break a couple of times though.

1 minute ago, verlaine1979 said:

Not a lot of ideas up front, and when we do have a bright idea, the execution has been rubbish (after the goal, which was a lovely cross).

Yes from Redmond who some on here seem to slag off! Great finish by Armstrong :) we are still in this! 

Bit worried at how much we want to muck about with silly sideways passes around our area today.

walkers needs hooking. Get hojberg in at fullback again.

When we press their defensive we’ve caused them problems. Like to get a few more shots in if anything. Disappointed that Redmond tried to pass at the end there when the ball fell to him in space on the edge of the box.

it was fun watching how disinterested Pogba b3came when saints were harrying him. Shame Adams chose the wrong end ball on the breakaway.

5 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

5 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

I’d have wanted a red had it been the other way round. As I suspect would most on here. It was cynical and stupid, lucky boy. 

4 minutes ago, Wade Garrett said:

Agreed.  He really should have been sent off.

I disagree. Yellow for me

Edited by trousers

Just now, Saint_clark said:

Long would have been more effective today than Adams. I get what Ralph is doing - sticking with what will for the most part be his first choice next season - but we should still adapt as and when required. 

Why do you think that? Adams has put himself about plenty, but hasn't really shown the quality to link up meaningfully with the rest of the attack. That's basically exactly what Long offers.

Just now, verlaine1979 said:

Why do you think that? Adams has put himself about plenty, but hasn't really shown the quality to link up meaningfully with the rest of the attack. That's basically exactly what Long offers.

Because Long knows how to unsettle defences to make mistakes, which their centrebacks are notorious for, as well as being better in the air for flick ons, and having a better understanding with Ings. 

VAR looking at a possible incident off of the ball..........and it's looks like VAR isn't sure that Gary Neville is biased.

Goes on and on about Romeu but mentions nothing about Harry Hands - on Maguire throwing people around.

We were doing ok but manure seems to have knocked the wind out of our sails.

Let's at least try and do some damage limitation if we are going to whack the ball around willy nilly.

The 3 - 1 is coming I think.