Things That are Racist

Turkish

If people are upset about the name of the Blackboys Park then I think it's fine and right to consider changing the name.  Why would anyone fight to keep it when the name basically came about because the plants that grow there apparently show a resemblance to black people.  I'm all for preserving history but there's nothing here to protect.  

Most of the rest of the stuff posted here I have little sympathy for though.  I haven't been convinced by any 'cultural appropriation' argument.  It mostly seems to want to see prejudice where there isn't any.  Adele having an African style hairdo for Notting Hill carnival is wrong.  Beyonce dying her hair blond is fine.  All of that stuff can go in the bin.  

1 hour ago, whelk said:

Do you need to start thinking about buying an Xbox? 

Once the vaccines are out it won’t even be a decision

Probably, there is hardly anything I could think of that is more fulfilling in life than sitting in front a screen for hours with a console in my hand screaming into a headset as I try to shoot little animated characters.  

Edited by Turkish

30 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Probably, there is hardly anything I could think of that is more fulfilling in life than sitting in front a screen for hours with a console in my hand screaming into a headset as I try to shoot little animated characters.  

Like spending your day starting pointless threads about racism on a football forum?

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Turkish said:

You don’t have to shoot things. Grow a virtual garden, milk cows, race cars, score goals. Shooting an Albanian terrorist between the eyes may be more your thing though.

3 minutes ago, whelk said:

You don’t have to shoot things. Grow a virtual garden, milk cows, race cars, score goals. Shooting an Albanian terrorist between the eyes may be more your thing though.

Sounds enthralling. I mean why would someone want to plant a real strawberry plant in their garden when they can plant a virtual one on their computer game.

4 minutes ago, Turkish said:

I thought you’d be all over this thread given you’re someone constantly desperate to prove how you aren’t racist.

There is not one thing posted on here I give the slightest shit about, I only looked to see what the latest thing you were wetting you pants over was.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, aintforever said:

There is not one thing posted on here I give the slightest shit about, I only looked to see what the latest thing you were wetting you pants over was.

At least you’ve got an opinion this time, which is progress as usually you cut and paste a link to someone else’s when asked for an opinion. We’re getting there!

10 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Life is rascist - there's always somebody to pick on and discriminate against. It seems to be the Human condition.

I reckon there’s something evolutionary in it. Most primates I can think of live in clans/groups or whatever the collective term is and tend to be quite standoffish against each other. Perhaps we’ve evolved some form of antagonism towards those who appear physically different, or at least a mistrust.

16 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

I reckon there’s something evolutionary in it. Most primates I can think of live in clans/groups or whatever the collective term is and tend to be quite standoffish against each other. Perhaps we’ve evolved some form of antagonism towards those who appear physically different, or at least a mistrust.

Do we need to add evolution to the things that are racist?

• Lighthouse changed the title to Things That are Racist