Things That are Racist

Turkish

I remember reading a few weeks ago that there is a v.bad racist number. It came out cos there was a new TV show and one of the contestants had the number tattoo on his neck, and it was a v.bad racist number, so they had to cancel the TV show.

I don't want to say the number on here cos of Infractions, and also cos I don't remember what it actually was. I think it must have been a year, cos the tattoo bloke claimed he got the tattoo to remember the year his dad passed away rip. Dunno if that turned out true, but if my dad died in a racist year I wouldn't be going round publicising it, so serves him right.

Edited by Bearsy
speeling

1 hour ago, Verbal said:

Where does this happen?  It's illegal in the UK.

Is racism restricted to the UK ? It is also legal in the UK to take 'positive action' to discriminate between 2 equally qualified persons to select a member of an 'under represented' minority.

Edited by badgerx16

7 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

Is racism restricted to the UK ? It is also legal in the UK to take 'positive action' to discriminate between 2 equally qualified persons to select a member of an 'under represented' minority.

Which country were you talking about then? And do you want to quote me the statute backing up your second sentence?

9 hours ago, Verbal said:

Which country were you talking about then? And do you want to quote me the statute backing up your second sentence?

The thread title is 'Things that are racist' and doesn't present a geographical limit. The Equalities Act 2010, sections 158 & 159.

https://www.xperthr.co.uk/faq/what-positive-action-is-permitted-under-discrimination-legislation/103008/  ;

Section 159 of the Equality Act 2010 allows an employer to treat an applicant or employee with a protected characteristic (eg race, sex or age) more favourably in connection with recruitment or promotion than someone without that characteristic who is as qualified for the role. )

Edited by badgerx16

How is it a white woman accused of having sex with an under age child child can her her name and picture all over the media, yet Tommy Robinson is jailed for interfering with a trial by filming outside a court when others are accused of exactly the same thing?

Edited by Turkish

1 hour ago, Saint_clark said:

Those same fans were cheering and supporting those players a few moments before, which included the players of colour. 

That kind of indicates they have an issue with the gesture that isn't to do with race. 

So what it is to do with? (I can’t wait for this..don’t let me down)

24 minutes ago, wadesmith said:

As he said, the gesture. Some people don't like compulsory virtue signalling. C*ntish though many 'wall fans doubtless are, this doesn't make them racist in itself.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, aintforever said:

Probably because this guy was a Millwall fan.

image.thumb.jpeg.828bb1de9cbe3b4343eccdf15667b262.jpegCan’t be nice seeing one of their fellow big hard racist fans being beat up then carried out like a baby in the arms of a black fella. :lol:

You mean the actors in the staged incident?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

As he said, the gesture. Some people don't like compulsory virtue signalling. C*ntish though many 'wall fans doubtless are, this doesn't make them racist in itself.

Yep. It's obligatory virtue signalling which will achieve nothing. Thinking that is not racist. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, egg said:

Yep. It's obligatory virtue signalling which will achieve nothing. Thinking that is not racist. 

unfortunately though with the indoctrination going on in this and many other countries you aren’t allowed to think anything other than what you’re told to think. There are of course quite a few that lap up all the virtue signalling, plenty of evidence of that on here. Anyone who doesnt toe the line is racist/sexist/homophobic or whatever. It’s this compulsory acts of virtue signalling that damage any good intentions. 

9 minutes ago, egg said:

Ok I’m not saying your wrong..although I am intrigued by the original posters logic thats it’s nothing to do with race, it’s just the gesture. proven by the fact people cheered the players when they came out, including some black players. What if the Premier league decided that players should kneel before each match for the whole of next season in memory of Britain’s war veterans...how many games into the season would fans start booing this gesture?

Edited by wadesmith

9 minutes ago, wadesmith said:

Ok I’m not saying your wrong..although I am intrigued by the original posters logic thats it’s nothing to do with race, proven by the fact people cheered the players when they came out, including some black players. What if the Premier league decided that players should kneel before each match for the whole of next season in memory of Britain’s war veterans...how many games into the season would fans start booing this gesture?

If you want someone to explain their post, ask them, don't ask me by referring to a completely different scenario. 

On this point, players are obliged to take the knee. If they don't they are branded racist - indeed, Dion Dublin said this about the fans today:

"They don't agree with taking the knee, which means they are racist. They don't agree with Black Lives Matter; that says they are racist to me." 

That's bollox. I don't agree that people should be made to take the knee. I don't agree that it will achieve anything. Don't get me wrong, booing it won't achieve anything, but branding people racist for not agreeing with the way that an issue is being tackled is pathetic. 

Edited by egg

2 minutes ago, egg said:

If you want someone to explain their post, ask them, don't ask me by referring to a completely different scenario. 

On this point, players are obliged to take the knee. If they don't they are branded racist - indeed, Dion Dublin said this about the fans today:

"They don't agree with taking the knee, which means they are racist. They don't agree with Black Lives Matter; that says they are racist to me." 

That's bollox. I don't agree that people should be made to take the knee. I don't agree that it will achieve anything. Don't get me wrong, booing it won't achieve anything, but branding people racist for not agree with the way that an issue is being tackled is pathetic. 

To be fair I did ask the poster the question! (See above)..and then when I responded to you I did draw attention to the original posters question. I suspect I have very different ideas about why the booing happened today, compared to others on here..that’s fine..that’s healthy. I’ve learnt more from people I disagree with than ones I agree with.

1 minute ago, wadesmith said:

To be fair I did ask the poster the question! (See above)..and then when I responded to you I did draw attention to the original posters question. I suspect I have very different ideas about why the booing happened today, compared to others on here..that’s fine..that’s healthy. I’ve learnt more from people I disagree with than ones I agree with.

No worries. It's not for me to express an opinion on the motivation of the people who booed today. My view is that the knee is virtue signalling, that it'll achieve nothing, making people do it isn't right, that not agreeing with the above is not racist, and that branding people with a contra view as racist is wrong. Whether those people today were making noise for those reasons, or because they were racist, neither of us can say.

• Like 1

All this incident signifies to me is that BLM's strategy has been wrong all along and is having the opposite effect to what they were rather naively hoping for. You can't simply patronise people into agreeing with you, on any subject. It wont change any attitudes, you will just bore the average Joes with tedium to the point that they actually start to resent you.

What I find doubly irritating is how easy and quick it is to do. If a player was volunteering his spare time at a local youth centre, to help kids from different ethnic backgrounds get involved in their community, stay out of gangs and in schools etc. THEN I could tolerate him talking to me in condescending tones. Short of actual liking that kind of attitude, I could at least appreciate that he had done something worthwhile and put his money where his mouth is. What I can't stand is people who put a black fist on their Twitter handle, kneel down from time to time, then lecture the rest of us as if they've made some seismic social impact that Dr King would be in awe of.

BLMs stated aims include Defunding the police, breaking up the nuclear family construct and abolishing capitalism (millionaire footballs kneeling to that LOL)

Why would any ordinary working class football fan support that shit?? 

There were plenty of decent anti-racism campaigns before these unsavoury lot turned up and starting trashing towns and murdering people in the USA. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, whelk said:

Only on Saintsweb could the booing of taking the knee be justified as not anything to do with racists making their voices known.

Are you of the opinion that someone who doesn't support mandatory taking the knee in public is racist? 

The Millwall players released a statement on Friday saying they were kneeing for racial justice not for any politcal movement. So there must have been some chatter before for them to release a statement.

The players made it clear why they were kneeing and booing is normally to display displeasure at something. Therefore it would be safe to say the Millwall fans booing were displeased by their players supporting racial justice. Those sorts of people are normally called racists.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, egg said:

Are you of the opinion that someone who doesn't support mandatory taking the knee in public is racist? 

Ah I see it was all the other clubs’ Marxist fans wanting to break up family life and just the good old Millwall boys who were sticking up for us all who don’t agree.

I know usual suspects will labour the point as nauseam that BLM have dodgy beliefs blah blah blah.

Are you of the opinion the cunts in Burnley that flew the banner were just the same as the Millwall lads. Not racist them nah never 

1 minute ago, whelk said:

Ah I see it was all the other clubs’ Marxist fans wanting to break up family life and just the good old Millwall boys who were sticking up for us all who don’t agree.

I know usual suspects will labour the point as nauseam that BLM have dodgy beliefs blah blah blah.

Are you of the opinion the cunts in Burnley that flew the banner were just the same as the Millwall lads. Not racist them nah never 

Nicely swerved. Someone who doesn't support mandatory taking the knee in public is not racist. If you disagree, please say. 

Playing the tape forward, is someone who doesn't support mandatory taking the knee in public, a racist for expressing that view?

I haven't said the Millwall boys are or aren't racist. I'm saying it's perfectly acceptable to think that footy players having to take the knee is bollocks. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, egg said:

Nicely swerved. Someone who doesn't support mandatory taking the knee in public is not racist. If you disagree, please say. 

Playing the tape forward, is someone who doesn't support mandatory taking the knee in public, a racist for expressing that view?

I haven't said the Millwall boys are or aren't racist. I'm saying it's perfectly acceptable to think that footy players having to take the knee is bollocks. 

If you don’t agree with taking the knee, don’t take the knee. Booing someone for making an anti racist gesture is an odd thing to do if you’re not racist IMO.

Just now, aintforever said:

If you don’t agree with taking the knee, don’t take the knee. Booing someone for making an anti racist gesture is an odd thing to do if you’re not racist IMO.

What do you think the reaction would be if someone didn’t take the knee?

1 hour ago, Lighthouse said:

All this incident signifies to me is that BLM's strategy has been wrong all along and is having the opposite effect to what they were rather naively hoping for. You can't simply patronise people into agreeing with you, on any subject. It wont change any attitudes, you will just bore the average Joes with tedium to the point that they actually start to resent you.

What I find doubly irritating is how easy and quick it is to do. If a player was volunteering his spare time at a local youth centre, to help kids from different ethnic backgrounds get involved in their community, stay out of gangs and in schools etc. THEN I could tolerate him talking to me in condescending tones. Short of actual liking that kind of attitude, I could at least appreciate that he had done something worthwhile and put his money where his mouth is. What I can't stand is people who put a black fist on their Twitter handle, kneel down from time to time, then lecture the rest of us as if they've made some seismic social impact that Dr King would be in awe of.

To be blunt there are few things more cringeworthy than posh white people living in white middle class towns telling everyone how racist they are. It’s why everyone laughs at soggy for example.

2 minutes ago, aintforever said:

Are you Pap in disguise? :lol:

A few days after the incident you seem to be glorifying it all came out it was staged and the black fella was an actor. Sorry about that chap, gotta hurt hasn’t it.

3 minutes ago, Turkish said:

A few days after the incident you seem to be glorifying it all came out it was staged and the black fella was an actor. Sorry about that chap, gotta hurt hasn’t it.

Brilliant! I suppose the footage of your statue protector pal getting a kicking was all staged as well then. Maybe the whole protest and counter protest was one big staged event? :lol:

2 minutes ago, aintforever said:

Brilliant! I suppose the footage of your statue protector pal getting a kicking was all staged as well then. Maybe the whole protest and counter protest was one big staged event? :lol:

Making things up again about me and statue protectors I see, you never fail to mug yourself off do you. 😂

Edited by Turkish

2 hours ago, wadesmith said:

As mentioned above it's a token gesture that is all but forced on people under fear of having yourself and your family harassed and your career drastically affected, as well as being a symbol of a good many other things than just anti racism.

1 hour ago, whelk said:

Only on Saintsweb could the booing of taking the knee be justified as not anything to do with racists making their voices known.

Well if you take a look around at other forums topics on this as well as news sites comment sections (and their social media comments sections), I think you'll actually find quite a lot of people are of the same persuasion.

33 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

The Millwall players released a statement on Friday saying they were kneeing for racial justice not for any politcal movement. So there must have been some chatter before for them to release a statement.

The players made it clear why they were kneeing and booing is normally to display displeasure at something. Therefore it would be safe to say the Millwall fans booing were displeased by their players supporting racial justice. Those sorts of people are normally called racists.

Not having that, 1. I doubt the majority of Millwall fans there were even aware of such a statement and 2. A symbol represents what it represents, you can't just claim otherwise. Wasn't it in the news recently that an episode of a TV show was cancelled because someone had a tattoo that resembled a white supremecist symbol, when in actual fact the tattoo was of something with personal meaning between him and a family member? 

I wouldn't be able to wear a t-shirt with a swastika on for example and say "it's ok though, it doesn't represent the Nazis, I'm doing it in support of Hinduism". 

Fact is that the BLM movements have done more harm than good. You never saw anyone protesting about kick it out campaigns, or video messages on the big screen before games about racism in football. 

Indeed, football has long had a larger percentage of BAME than society in general and with the exception of a handful of incidents over the years fans are always very supportive. This myth that football fans have a backwards mentality towards race does my head in - we're actually ahead of the curve due to the fact we've spent so many years now cheering on people from all corners of the globe. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Indeed, football has long had a larger percentage of BAME than society in general and with the exception of a handful of incidents over the years fans are always very supportive. This myth that football fans have a backwards mentality towards race does my head in - we're actually ahead of the curve due to the fact we've spent so many years now cheering on people from all corners of the globe. 

Spot on. Supporters don’t give a shiny shite what colour people are and don’t need to make stupid gestures to show that. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Spot on. Supporters don’t give a shiny shite what colour people are and don’t need to make stupid gestures to show that. 

As usual it’s white do gooders trying to tell everyone else what to do

10 minutes ago, Turkish said:

As usual it’s white do gooders trying to tell everyone else what to do

You must be quite excited at your thread and getting on your little hobby horse again

Edited by whelk

• Lighthouse changed the title to Things That are Racist