Things That are Racist

Turkish

Just now, manzo said:

Er, I'm saying that everything O'Neil says is deliberately provocative, and has nothing to do with facts or evidence. I didn't think my post was that obtuse that you couldn't work that out, so I can only apologise for that.

maybe he was, maybe he wasn't, he makes some valid points, which some people agree with. Points Sheaf, the guy that screamed "educate yourself" the other day at someone when they made a typo on a post, dismissed as ignorant. 

36 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Brendan O'Neill once again proving what a provocative and ignorant bellend he is. His opening statement about what BLM is is chock full of the same false claims used by many other people to deride and dismiss the movement.

You'll feel free to itemise the parts of the BLM movement's manifesto that you think O'Neill attempts to misinterpret, and refute them, won't you? When it became clear that BLM was a Marxist organisation pledged to defund the Police and overthrow the capitalist system among other things, I read their aims and objectives on their website and saw little to disabuse myself of my original conclusions about it.

Just now, Wes Tender said:

You'll feel free to itemise the parts of the BLM movement's manifesto that you think O'Neill attempts to misinterpret, and refute them, won't you? When it became clear that BLM was a Marxist organisation pledged to defund the Police and overthrow the capitalist system among other things, I read their aims and objectives on their website and saw little to disabuse myself of my original conclusions about it.

That's excellent - and I'm sure many would agree with you RE the Black Lives Matter political organisation - but for the thousandth time, saying "Black Lives Matter" and taking the knee are NOT the same as supporting the Black Lives Matter political organisation - you get that, right?

Also - to respond to your earlier post, if you boo the taking of the knee at St Marys I hope the club take a dim view and chuck you out 😇

• Like 1

Millionaires taking the knee 7 months after an act of police brutality 1000s of miles away is ridiculous.  Watching our police take the knee (then go in heavy handed at other protests) is ridiculous. 

The booing is only going to get worse.  If people are offended by others actually booing, I would argue football is not the place for them.  You should see the stick Pompey fans get when they come to St Mary's. Or is that allowed?

I thoroughly look forward to the affirmative action taking place by England, The English Press and the likes of Gary Linekar when we are at the World Cup, given the open oppression that takes place in that country and part of the world.

Edited by AlexLaw76

Just now, Saint_Jonny said:

That's excellent - and I'm sure many would agree with you RE the Black Lives Matter political organisation - but for the thousandth time, saying "Black Lives Matter" and taking the knee are NOT the same as supporting the Black Lives Matter political organisation - you get that, right?

Does not matter. Many players, personalities and such like have been slammed before (recently) for carrying out an action that was different (harmless) from the optics.

Also - to respond to your earlier post, if you boo the taking of the knee at St Marys I hope the club take a dim view and chuck you out 😇

For the thousandth time back, it doesn't seem the have penetrated that the "taking the knee" gesture is associated by most people with the BLM organisation. If you don't believe me, just watch the Christmas edition of BBC wokeness programming, The Vicar of Dibley, when the eponymous Vicar puts up a BLM poster on the Church notices board and takes a knee, (although she probably needed a crane to lift her up to her feet again).

1 minute ago, Wes Tender said:

For the thousandth time back, it doesn't seem the have penetrated that the "taking the knee" gesture is associated by most people with the BLM organisation. If you don't believe me, just watch the Christmas edition of BBC wokeness programming, The Vicar of Dibley, when the eponymous Vicar puts up a BLM poster on the Church notices board and takes a knee, (although she probably needed a crane to lift her up to her feet again).

If we all decided to change the gesture I dunno...standing on one leg for 30 seconds, and the phrase to "All Lives are totally equal" - I wonder what people would do to twist the messaging around again? Or would they accept it for what it is? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Wes Tender said:

He repeats the claim that they are "anti-family", which is a deliberate mis-interpretation of something that was published on their website

He calls them "anti-police", which again is a false interpretation. They simply want some of the funding that goes to the police to instead be invested into disadvantaged communities to help people out of the socio-economic traps which make them turn to crime in the first place, which would mean less policing is needed in the long run.

He accuses them of pushing a theory that ALL white people are racist and ALL black people are victims. I'm sure I don't need to point out to you how absurd this one is.

As a previous poster just pointed out, this guy is a professional contrarian. He's the political equivalent of Alan Brazil on TalkSport. He'll say any old shite just to rile people and get them to disagree with him. He should never be the go-to person for objective truths about anything. The fawning over him from the news host in this clip is embarrassing.

• Like 1

On 06/12/2020 at 09:52, aintforever said:

The players made it crystal clear what their taking the knee was for, it was nothing to do with defunding the police or any other weird political idea, it was a simple anti-racism message. 

Anyway, BLM Is a protest movement and like any it’s going to have weird groups and extremists associated to it. Just like climate change protests have all sorts of anti capitalist nut jobs tagging along - it does not  mean the main message is wrong. It’s blatantly obvious to anyone with a brain what the players are wanting to get across.

You are wrong and pretty arrogant with it which only serves to make you look like a tool. 

BLM is now registered as a political party, The Premier League/Sky is not supposed to show support to any political party, yet it displays ‘Black Lives Matter’ on the screen during televised matches and their commentators make frequent references to “Black Lives Matter”. 

The solution is obvious to “anyone with a brain” :

Change the language!!!!

instead of using BLM which is abhorrent to many ordinary Brits for its defacing of British monuments and unsavoury ideas like ‘Abolishing capitalism’ (yes millionaire footballers are kneeling for that LOL) and stick to the very apt KICK IT OUT campaign which most people were right behind because the anti racism message was clear with no nasty divisive political agenda. 

Consider yourself educated. 

Edited by Dorchester Saint

1 minute ago, Saint_Jonny said:

If we all decided to change the gesture I dunno...standing on one leg for 30 seconds, and the phrase to "All Lives are totally equal" - I wonder what people would do to twist the messaging around again? Or would they accept it for what it is? 

Probably get the michael taken out of them. Rightly so

11 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Millionaires taking the knee 7 months after an act of police brutality 1000s of miles away is ridiculous.  Watching our police take the knee (then go in heavy handed at other protests) is ridiculous. 

The booing is only going to get worse.  If people are offended by others actually booing, I would argue football is not the place for them.  You should see the stick Pompey fans get when they come to St Mary's. Or is that allowed?

I thoroughly look forward to the affirmative action taking place by England, The English Press and the likes of Gary Linekar when we are at the World Cup, given the open oppression that takes place in that country and part of the world.

And you believing that this one single incident is what it is all about is even more ridiculous.

• Like 1

It's simple enough, the FA should just send out a message that the point has been made and that the virtue signalling kneeeling by the players should cease forthwith. There was nothing wrong with their original campaign "Kick out racism" and fans were aware that racist behaviour would mean the offending fan/s being banned. Time to go back to that.

1 minute ago, Sheaf Saint said:

And you believing that this one single incident is what it is all about is even more ridiculous.

7 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

He repeats the claim that they are "anti-family", which is a deliberate mis-interpretation of something that was published on their website

He calls them "anti-police", which again is a false interpretation. They simply want some of the funding that goes to the police to instead be invested into disadvantaged communities to help people out of the socio-economic traps which make them turn to crime in the first place, which would mean less policing is needed in the long run.

He accuses them of pushing a theory that ALL white people are racist and ALL black people are victims. I'm sure I don't need to point out to you how absurd this one is.

As a previous poster just pointed out, this guy is a professional contrarian. He's the political equivalent of Alan Brazil on TalkSport. He'll say any old shite just to rile people and get them to disagree with him. He should never be the go-to person for objective truths about anything. The fawning over him from the news host in this clip is embarrassing.

I really won't get too bothered about criticism about the misinterpretation of policies by an individual when I have to endure it on a daily basis from the mainstream media of this country on current affairs issues, particularly involving Brexit, government's policies, immigration, law and order, the Chinese virus, etc. I just find myself in broad agreement with most of his opinions on this and also on the BLM Marxist organisation, in the same way that you probably agree with media opinions about the misrepresented stuff on that list of mine.

But he is right to point out how ridiculous it is that we have had to endure all this ruckus started by events in the USA months ago, as if campaigns over here will make one jot of difference to how the USA police operate and when we scarcely have any comparable concerns about how our police work. The longer it goes on, the more fed up people are becoming about it

3 hours ago, Jeremy Corbyn said:

In case it's not clear, let me explain the difference between "not doing something" and "doing something".  Not doing something is not doing a thing that you could do.  Doing something is doing something you don't have to.

Not clapping = not doing something, in this situation you are not making a conscious effort to voice opposition to something, you might just not care.

Booing an anti-racist action = doing something, in this situation you are making a conscious effort to show you are against the anti-racist action.

I don't need to make a big show of being anti racist. I'm not racist and I don't need to convince anyone else of that and the vast majority of people are the same. If someone makes a big song and dance out of how anti racist they are then personally I wonder what they've got to hide. 

3 hours ago, Scully said:

Initially I was very supportive of taking the knee to make a statement but it's getting a bit samey now and definitely not having any kind of impact like it did at first. Should probably stop and look to support actual change where possible

What tangible positive impact did it have at the beginning? I saw a poll out recently that said that a majority of Brits thought the campaign had increased racial tensions. No doubt some would think that's a good think but I don't. 

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

What tangible positive impact did it have at the beginning? I saw a poll out recently that said that a majority of Brits thought the campaign had increased racial tensions. No doubt some would think that's a good think but I don't. 

Personally I didn't have an issue with it for the first game after it all kicked off. 

8 hours ago, Turkish said:

Closet racists ✔️

baby boomers ✔️

scared of people that dont look like them ✔️

gammon ✔️

knuckle draggers ✔️

calling people thick c*nts ✔️

Well done mate, i think that's a full house. 

You are just ticking things now.

I don’t want too many people calling people thick cunts as will lose impact.

assume this thread is same a lounge one whereby many justify booing by saying against Marxist BLM aims. 

whilst Millwall fans are no doubt cunts this was going to happen by maintaining the knee thing way beyond it having an impact. Can’t believe it went past last season as was already too long then. Sky still posting BLM banner up at 8 mins 45 too. Do they feel they cannot stop now?

2 minutes ago, whelk said:

You are just ticking things now.

I don’t want too many people calling people thick cunts as will lose impact.

assume this thread is same a lounge one whereby many justify booing by saying against Marxist BLM aims. 

whilst Millwall fans are no doubt cunts this was going to happen by maintaining the knee thing way beyond it having an impact. Can’t believe it went past last season as was already too long then. Sky still posting BLM banner up at 8 mins 45 too. Do they feel they cannot stop now?

The sensible thing for the prem to do was to release some new non political initiative at the end of last season and stop all the kneeling. I reckon they are scared of being called racist by certain activists so don't want to tell people to stop. As you point out it will get to a point where they won't be able to stop it. 

3 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Link to poll?

My daughter just mentioned there was outrage at Sainsbury’s having black family in xmas advert. I hadn’t noticed or even seen ad but sure all these arguments are in online camps looking for counter beliefs and revelling in highlighting  ie racists, and racists looking for virtue signallers etc, rather than too many people actually giving a shit about it. 
All getting desperate and do see that the sanctimony shown by media on so many things is getting tiresome and will produce opposition that wasn’t necessarily there before.

It's lucky we can rely on Millwall fans to have their eyes open and not fall for this leftie propaganda. They've always been such a stand up bunch too, can't possibly be any other explanation other than 'wanting to keep politics out of football'. Presumably they will also be kicking off when the players run out with poppies on their shirts.

It's just a coincidence, nothing more, that those with a history of being a bit racist are now the enlightened ones, and we are so lucky that these evil Marxists (footballers) who want to spread their evil message (reminding people that black people still face prejudice) have come up against such a genuine bunch of good guys (Millwall fans) prepared to stop this continued oppression of little Englanders.

• Like 3

On 03/12/2020 at 10:27, Bearsy said:

I remember reading a few weeks ago that there is a v.bad racist number. It came out cos there was a new TV show and one of the contestants had the number tattoo on his neck, and it was a v.bad racist number, so they had to cancel the TV show.

I don't want to say the number on here cos of Infractions, and also cos I don't remember what it actually was. I think it must have been a year, cos the tattoo bloke claimed he got the tattoo to remember the year his dad passed away rip. Dunno if that turned out true, but if my dad died in a racist year I wouldn't be going round publicising it, so serves him right.

Yeah, ridiculous. Even his dad not actually being dead shouldn't detract from this totally legitimate reason for the tattoo.

45 minutes ago, whelk said:

Link to poll?

My daughter just mentioned there was outrage at Sainsbury’s having black family in xmas advert. I hadn’t noticed or even seen ad but sure all these arguments are in online camps looking for counter beliefs and revelling in highlighting  ie racists, and racists looking for virtue signallers etc, rather than too many people actually giving a shit about it. 
All getting desperate and do see that the sanctimony shown by media on so many things is getting tiresome and will produce opposition that wasn’t necessarily there before.

never happened 

53 minutes ago, wadesmith said:

How we we feel if Saints fans don’t ‘Boo’. the taking of the knee next home game? If we don’t Boo is it a show of support to destroying capitalism and defunding the police?, because that’s what Millwall fans were booing about.

You don't have to kneel, you don't have to put your arm in the air to show support. You can just go through the motions or ignore it. In the same way that if you might not agree with having a minute's silence for some random person, or you might not care for the national anthem... you can just stand there (or sit down) knowing that you don't agree with it. To actively boo something is showing disrespect to the people who are trying to show respect - i.e. the players.

People are  so fucking desperate to justify the actions of fucking MILLWALL fans, you know, the ones who have a massive history of being fucking racists! But no, it's nothing to do with that, it's about "defunding the police". What they don't like is that this movement is a threat to who they are, and who they are is a bunch of vile cunts.

Yes there are nuanced arguments - of course players and fans alike shouldn't be forced into protests, of course there are grey areas where something could be construed as racist which aren't meant to be, or people being lumped together for views which are quite different on the spectrum of the definition of 'racism', but if you think that these MIllwall fans are genuinely booing because their eyes have been opened to Marxist agenda rather than because it goes against the grain of who they are (i.e. racists) then you are living in cloud cuckoo land, or trying to justify your own prejudice.

6 minutes ago, whelk said:

Can’t you just ignore it?

if I was a mod I would ban any cunt that whinged about ‘what has this got to do with Saints?’  by actively going into a thread to say that

If only the Millwall supporters could have done the same. I should imagine they also booed during 'clap for carers' and the remembrance poppy rigmarole every November. Or perhaps they knew better than to try it on for those occasions. It's all virtue signalling isn't it?

If they are so concerned about the political offshoot of BLM, maybe they would like to offset any worries over calls to 'defund the police' by offering to pay for the disproportionately enhanced policing that invariably accompanies their matches. Over £600k a season of which they pay £15k, so why should the taxpayer have to pay for their babysitting? As an aside I'm under the impression that Saints actually pay for most of their policing costs, although couldn't find anything on it. https://www.met.police.uk/SysSiteAssets/foi-media/metropolitan-police/disclosure_2018/june_2018/information-rights-unit---policing-costs-for-premier-league-and-championship-football-matches-for-201718-season  

3 minutes ago, Ted Bates Statue said:

If only the Millwall supporters could have done the same. I should imagine they also booed during 'clap for carers' and the remembrance poppy rigmarole every November. Or perhaps they knew better than to try it on for those occasions. It's all virtue signalling isn't it?

If they are so concerned about the political offshoot of BLM, maybe they would like to offset any worries over calls to 'defund the police' by offering to pay for the disproportionately enhanced policing that invariably accompanies their matches. Over £600k a season of which they pay £15k, so why should the taxpayer have to pay for their babysitting? As an aside I'm under the impression that Saints actually pay for most of their policing costs, although couldn't find anything on it. https://www.met.police.uk/SysSiteAssets/foi-media/metropolitan-police/disclosure_2018/june_2018/information-rights-unit---policing-costs-for-premier-league-and-championship-football-matches-for-201718-season  

They’re good lads. Turkish and his black best mate will vouch for them. Sticking up for Churchill and all 

2 hours ago, Dorchester Saint said:

You are wrong and pretty arrogant with it which only serves to make you look like a tool. 

BLM is now registered as a political party, The Premier League/Sky is not supposed to show support to any political party, yet it displays ‘Black Lives Matter’ on the screen during televised matches and their commentators make frequent references to “Black Lives Matter”. 

The solution is obvious to “anyone with a brain” :

Change the language!!!!

instead of using BLM which is abhorrent to many ordinary Brits for its defacing of British monuments and unsavoury ideas like ‘Abolishing capitalism’ (yes millionaire footballers are kneeling for that LOL) and stick to the very apt KICK IT OUT campaign which most people were right behind because the anti racism message was clear with no nasty divisive political agenda. 

Consider yourself educated. 

The phrase "Black Lives Matter" can refer to a Twitter hashtag, a slogan, a social movement, a political action committee, or a loose confederation of groups advocating for racial justice. The players have made it crystal clear they are not supporting any political group, they have said so in their own words, I’m not sure how you fail to understand that.

You actually believe professional footballers are campaigning to end capitalism and defund the police - wow!

9 minutes ago, Restark19 said:

The BLM is a Marxist organisation narrative is parroted constantly. Can anyone provide anything to back that up? 

Yes and it took all but 2 minutes to find... thank me for the education later 🙂

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/nypost.com/2020/06/25/blm-co-founder-describes-herself-as-trained-marxist/amp/

there are also numerous racial slurs spouted by the scum the run the UK division if you look on twitter. 

Edited by SKD

I remember an article about 15 years ago from a black reporter who went undercover on Millwall fans. In a blaze of publicity he exposed what it was like to be a black fan at Millwall. He gave a terrible account of racist banners, monkey noises At injured black players and a large section of the crowd chanting “sieg heil” through the match. It sounded horrific.

a few weeks later another article appeared by the same reporter. In it he admitted that he’d got it wrong, the racist banner he now claims he was told about But didn’t actually see himself didn’t exist, the monkey chants were actually boos as an Opposition player was only booked for a sending off tackle which left Millwalls black striker Barry Hayles needing lengthy treatment. As for the seig heil chants coming from one end of the ground? Well they were playing Brighton and the chants he heard were Brighton fans singing “seagulls” 

Imagine the meltdown of such an article appeared today.  Ive no doubt it’d be lapped up by many as proof as to how racist the country is. 

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, whelk said:

Link to poll?

I'd have to go looking for it and I really can't be bothered. Think it was a yougov one. I don't watch terrestrial telly so things like that don't bother me, but it is amusing how in virtually every advert the family is mixed race. That's more about some advertising execs wanting to offend the least amount of people though rather than some anti white thing. 

1 hour ago, mrfahaji said:

It's lucky we can rely on Millwall fans to have their eyes open and not fall for this leftie propaganda. They've always been such a stand up bunch too, can't possibly be any other explanation other than 'wanting to keep politics out of football'. Presumably they will also be kicking off when the players run out with poppies on their shirts.

It's just a coincidence, nothing more, that those with a history of being a bit racist are now the enlightened ones, and we are so lucky that these evil Marxists (footballers) who want to spread their evil message (reminding people that black people still face prejudice) have come up against such a genuine bunch of good guys (Millwall fans) prepared to stop this continued oppression of little Englanders.

It's just a load of racist football fans isn't it. Bit weird though that they weren't booing their black players or any kick it out initiatives isn't it? You'd think they'd be all up for booing that considering how racist they all are. 

26 minutes ago, aintforever said:

The phrase "Black Lives Matter" can refer to a Twitter hashtag, a slogan, a social movement, a political action committee, or a loose confederation of groups advocating for racial justice. The players have made it crystal clear they are not supporting any political group, they have said so in their own words, I’m not sure how you fail to understand that.

You actually believe professional footballers are campaigning to end capitalism and defund the police - wow!

It may be those things, but Black Lives Matter, aka BLM, is also a hideous political party with awful ideology. It's obvious that large chunks of the public will see that footy players taking the knee in the name of BLM will link that to the political party and the appalling behaviour in the name of BLM.

The solution in footy is simple. Ditch the knee and the slogan associated with BLM. Revert to kick it out or something similar.

If footy wants to discuss or address race, then let footy have a proper dialogue about any race issues in footy. If its decided that there are any, then discuss how to tackle them. 

1 hour ago, mrfahaji said:

Yeah, ridiculous. Even his dad not actually being dead shouldn't detract from this totally legitimate reason for the tattoo.

Didn’t he have two sets of numbers?

Which was when his Dad supposedly died?

The one that correlated with Heil Hitler or White Power?

Plenty on here that is clearly a shocking attempt at a claim of racism that is rightly ridiculed but not sure this one passes the test.

4 minutes ago, ChrisPY said:

Didn’t he have two sets of numbers?

Which was when his Dad supposedly died?

The one that correlated with Heil Hitler or White Power?

Plenty on here that is clearly a shocking attempt at a claim of racism that is rightly ridiculed but not sure this one passes the test.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, it seems pretty clear that mrfahaji has misunderstood Bearsy's post - either that or he just doesn't understand sarcasm.

44 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Loving the rant. Particularly the bit about  grey areas and people  shouldn’t be lumped together, which is sandwiched between calling millwall fans vile cunts and racists. No lumping people together there. Lol...

Ha, fair point - I was getting ever more full of frustration as I typed! And after I did wonder if I was guilty of 'lumping' myself. However, the 'vile' accusation was specifically reserved for those booing, because of course there are plenty of Millwall fans who didn't and were equally appalled by it. But this about the ones that did, and they are Millwall fans, and Millwall fans (again, not all of them, but 'in general') have a history of racist behaviour. In other words, there are sections of racists amongst Millwall fans, and I have little doubt that many of them were booing. To be honest I've never really liked the idea of clubs having a particular 'type' of fan, because there's is obviously a mix everywhere. However, whether it's to do with location or something else more complex, there's little doubt that Millwall are synonymous with a fanbase with a bad reputation.

I just find it astounding that so many people are so quick to make excuses. Sorry if you (or anyone) does, but I just do not buy the argument that this booing is a well researched protest against some sort of political agenda. These are football fans who don't like a particular type of message - which at its core is anti-racism - and are reacting to it happening in front of them.

You may not agree with the kneeling, and I can understand that. I'm not even massively pro- myself. But to show an act of defiance rather than apathy towards it to me suggests people are pushing back on strives for equality (unless you buy the 'alternative' reasons argument) and I don't think it's a good thing at all.

Just now, Weston Super Saint said:

I wouldn't worry about it too much, it seems pretty clear that mrfahaji has misunderstood Bearsy's post - either that or he just doesn't understand sarcasm.

I know that Bearsy posts lots of sarcastic posts - I wasn't quite sure what side he was coming down on but realised it was a joke. Nevertheless I felt I should add quite an important aspect to the story!

45 minutes ago, aintforever said:

To be fair, they haven't actually said which one of the other options they are supporting if they definitely aren't supporting the political group - perhaps it's the Twitter hashtag as most footballers aren't renowned for being brimming with A levels.....

Any luck finding out what the Black Power salute was supporting if it definitely isn't a political movement?

• Lighthouse changed the title to Things That are Racist