Things That are Racist

Turkish

17 minutes ago, wadesmith said:

Will Saints fans ‘Boo’ the taking of the knee next home match?.  

I expect not. I imagine the reaction of any dissenters in the audience will be more low-key.

Gives us a real problem. It's easy to identify racists if they're actually standing up and booing, and the authorities will be able to deal with them accordingly, but how do you get the people who are doing slight tutting and eye-rolls? Or the people who are clapping along, but don't really mean it? I don't know we'll be able to get them. It's not easy to differentiate a sarcastic clap, especially under cover of a crowd.

What they did in South Park, when they had similar problem, is before they take a knee the announcer over the tannoy was like, "and now to show ur support for BLM and all its goals, please sit, stand, clap, boo, tut, eye-roll, or do anything, or nothing'. That had them completely stymied!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bearsy said:

I expect not. I imagine the reaction of any dissenters in the audience will be more low-key.

Gives us a real problem. It's easy to identify racists if they're actually standing up and booing, and the authorities will be able to deal with them accordingly, but how do you get the people who are doing slight tutting and eye-rolls? Or the people who are clapping along, but don't really mean it? I don't know we'll be able to get them. It's not easy to differentiate a sarcastic clap, especially under cover of a crowd.

What they did in South Park, when they had similar problem, is before they take a knee the announcer over the tannoy was like, "and now to show ur support for BLM and all its goals, please sit, stand, clap, boo, tut, eye-roll, or do anything, or nothing'. That had them completely stymied!

Interesting. On the other hand if you stay silent surely you will be seen as supporting a movement intent on defunding of the police and a swift end to capitalism! I love the police and capitalism...but also want a more equal society...what do I do??? 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, wadesmith said:

Interesting. On the other hand if you stay silent surely you will be seen as supporting a movement intent on defunding of the police and a swift end to capitalism! I love the police and capitalism...but also want a more equal society...what do I do??? 

I know ur teasing on me, but I'm gonna be completely srs. If ur conflicted, you have to choose the lesser of two evils. What upsets you more: the idea that people might think you hate police and money, or the image of wee nathan redmond, kneeling on the St. Mary's pitch, fist aloft, quietly weeping amid a torrent of booing and eye-rolling.

Edited by Bearsy
edit by admin due to violent sexual imagery
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Saint Billy said:

So presumably you want this particular gesture to go on ad infinitum and become an integral part of starting a football match do you?. 

I used to find the brass band they always had at halftime at the Dell extremely tedious. But I didn't boo them because really, who cares that much? Just let them get on with it

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Scummer said:

I take it you boycott games around remembrance Sunday then? Also, it's not political to feel that black people deserve the same rights and treatment as white people.

What a ridiculous response!  

Near everyone was behind  'taking the knee' for the first few weeks .... but every week?? please!

Edited by warsash saint

8 hours ago, Griffo said:

Have a look at how many people in this thread are fed up too. You can try dig one person out but arguably you’re the one not keeping up. 

Our fans are generally a bit wet so I’m glad to have opened this and seen most people are on the same page. These are the feelings of the majority if you step away from mainstream media.

Lol. The majority are in the EDL? 

Taking the knee in USA was making a point because they did it when their National Anthem was being played  . So rather than standing to attention and putting their hand over their heart while turning to face the flag they kneeled on one knee. 
They said they were doing it to pressure the State to take action to stop black people being killed when being arrested.

Here it doesn’t have quite the same resonance which is why football needs a new plan.

9 hours ago, tajjuk said:

That argument is fundamentally stupid.

As the Colchester chairman points out, if you don't like it, just shut up and keep quiet, it literally has zero impact on the people booing, unless of course they disagree with a stand being taken against racism, making them therefore clearly racist themselves.

If the players feel the still need to do it because I don't know, because racism is still very prevalent in society and is still an issue then they are quite entitled to do a peaceful protest that literally has no negative impacts on anyone. 

It's also ironic that you say it has 'gone on long enough', when that is exactly the point about racism they are trying to highlight and the fact it is still going on.

There is literally no argument here, people desperately scrambling around for fake reasons why people are booing an anti-racism protest is honestly pathetic. 

So we are only allow to protest about the things we are told to. I don't agree with all protest but I do think everyone is entitled too.

I'm not sure of another way to show they are not in agreement about taking the knee which, I think is a right to do. Though thinking about it perhaps those who don't agree with it could stay in the in the concourses till it's done.

All discrimination in my opinion is wrong but at the moment football is only showing concern for racism, so is football in fact showing discrimination by not supporting the others? Where dose it end?

As bad as racism is and needs ending, it isn't a football problem, it's a society problem and football is dragging itself into an argument it doesn't need to be in.  

Without trying to make it look like I think I'm better then others, which I know I'm not, I was brought up to respect everyone unless they do something to lose that respect. May be if more people were taught something similar.    

I'm dyslexic so hope what I've writing is readable and makes the same sense as it sounds in my head.

• Like 1

I think it's beginning to get a bit silly now. Anything from history that could be construed as being racist today is being unearthed and villified. Seemingly every organization is falling over them selves to clamber on the band wagon. People's lives are being ruined by one slip of the tongue, white actors in ad-land are nowhere to be seen. As far as football is concerned you would struggle to find a better meritocracy among the playing staff, and the endless taking the knee before every single match is wearing thin. If football allies itself with a pretty sinister organization, whatever the intentions, the ride will not always be a smooth one, and people who voice concerns should not be labelled as racists (although I don't doubt for one minute that the Millwall "fans" who booed did not do so out of a sense of political awareness). Football can't have it all ways, basking in the new found enlightenment of BLM , then say we only agree with the acceptable parts of their message. The English are generally a pretty decent bunch, and don't need repeated knee bending and black power salutes to remind them that racism is wrong.

5 minutes ago, whelk said:

Who came out with ‘show racism the red card’?

Why was ‘it’s an early bath for you racism’ rejected?

Because some of us enjoy an early bath, so the phrase doesn’t quite carry the necessary negative connotations. TBH there’s little I enjoy more than a nice long soak with some scented candles and my Matey.

2 hours ago, warsash saint said:

What a ridiculous response!  

Near everyone was behind  'taking the knee' for the first few weeks .... but every week?? please!

Harry Kane was on the radio the other day explaining why the players felt they should carry it on. The main reason being the fact that the Premier League is watched all over the world and some people only get to see one game. They wanted kids, particularly in countries with a racism problem, to ask why it was being done and think about the issue.

Weirdly he never mentioned defunding the plod or their Marxist agenda.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Edited by aintforever
  • Like 3

Weird. They replaced the black lives matter guff with kick it out and there wasn't any booing. It's almost as if the Millwall fans weren't racists after all and were objecting to what they saw as support for black lives matter defacing statues of Churchill and attempting to set fire to the union jack. Curious. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Weird. They replaced the black lives matter guff with kick it out and there wasn't any booing. It's almost as if the Millwall fans weren't racists after all and were objecting to what they saw as support for black lives matter defacing statues of Churchill and attempting to set fire to the union jack. Curious. 

Exactly, and Millwall fans also recognise that Marxism is a type of historical determinism,the necessity of suppression of individual rights, they realise there are issues with the implementation of communism and economic issues such as the distortion and absence of price signals and reduced incentives....and thank god fans have at last had the balls to say it.

11 minutes ago, wadesmith said:

Exactly, and Millwall fans also recognise that Marxism is a type of historical determinism,the necessity of suppression of individual rights, they realise there are issues with the implementation of communism and economic issues such as the distortion and absence of price signals and reduced incentives....and thank god fans have at last had the balls to say it.

How do you explain such a 180 degree change from the last game? The only thing that's changed is the emphasis is no longer on black lives matter and is on kick it out instead. What do you reckon? Did the racists have a change of heart. 

4 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

How do you explain such a 180 degree change from the last game? The only thing that's changed is the emphasis is no longer on black lives matter and is on kick it out instead. What do you reckon? Did the racists have a change of heart. 

No , the club gave them all a letter as they turned up telling them how to behave plus they did their own symbolic act so they could be different so no need for their far right fans to boo what they thought was a lefty supporting knee taking .

6 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Well according to Linekar and St Rio this is the tipping point. First millwall now this, was the comment. Then added “there’s a racist incident every week”. 

It is the tipping point. It’s insanity when referring to a black man as a black man is considered racist. 

1 minute ago, East Kent Saint said:

As fourth official he should be aware who the management teams are and what their names or job titles are so no need to say “the black bloke” .

How is it racist to refer to a black guy as a black guy, please explain

8 minutes ago, Turkish said:

How is it racist to refer to a black guy as a black guy, please explain

BT sport have made their mind up. It’s a racist incident, after Linekar & Rio the commentator at the Utd game  keeps on about it. Evidently it shows education is needed & it’s understandable that the clubs are refusing to restart the game with said official on VAR. 

Im not making a judgement one way or the other until all the facts are known, maybe BT should do the same. 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

3 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

BT sport have made their mind up. It’s a racist incident, after Linekar & Rio the commentator at the Utd game  keeps on about it. Evidently it shows education is needed & it’s understandable that the clubs are refusing to restart the game with said official on VAR. 

Im not making a judgement one way or the other until all the facts are known, maybe BT should do the same. 

“why did you say the black guy”

he’s upset that he referred to a black guy as a black guy. 

3 minutes ago, egg said:

Whatever went on in the PSG game, the Istanbul response shows that the point can be made without using the words Black Lives Matter.

IMG_20201208_214749.jpg

As it’s now racist to mention colour when talking about anyone this should see the end of Black Lives Matter 

20 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Duck, I think you made your judgement many years ago.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

As it’s now racist to mention colour when talking about anyone this should see the end of Black Lives Matter 

He could have used a much less offensive point of reference such as the ugly cunt, fat bloke, fella with the big nose, short bloke, baldy, etc. Those things are OK. 

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Things That are Racist